• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That's a really nice sketch Andrea!
Thank you! :3 Glad you liked it! let me show the other one...

431120_262146850533558_393405928_n.jpg

I rarely use color in my drawings....but when i did this one, i felt really inspired.....and it was one of the rare times that i was able to draw Samus' Varia suit.....and i know the coloring is bad, but, like a said before, i rarely use colors

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
People can say they can't see Ridley in smash at all, but maybe it's just me; I have a really hard time visualizing characters in Smash Bros. until they're actually there. And I used to do the Make Your Move moveset writing stuff here years back. Hell, one of the movesets I wrote was FOR Meta Ridley; doesn't mean I am fully able to grasp what a character would be like in the game.

Probably because what matters is if Sakurai can see them in Smash Bros. And even then his opinion on that doesn't ENTIRELY matter, because he used to be unable to see Villager in Smash Bros.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
but charizard isn't a dragon type!!!
I don't know how I neglected this earlier, but

Outta here with that noise

He walks like a cat. :3
Same at first, but then it struck me as more of a camel. Then the thought of traversing the desert areas in Metroid on top of Ridley came to my head. Idk

I propose that we rename this thread "The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - Welcome to the Bunny Club". And the above image would be plastered in the opening post.

What say you, fellow Space Pirates?
As much as I'd like to edit it to this, I still don't have control/reign of this thread so long as I respect Oasis' work/authority.

Should Ridley be revealed or some new update directly hint at him or something before Oasis returns, then I might be inclined to waive that.

I rarely use color in my drawings....but when i did this one, i felt really inspired.....and it was one of the rare times that i was able to draw Samus' Varia suit.....and i know the coloring is bad, but, like a said before, i rarely use colors
Nonsense. I think you did an amazing job with it. Love the color scheme you used for Omega Ridley, as it's so underrated.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I like the giant fireball idea.
To be totally honest, in general Mario and Link don't have personalities. But hey, they made it in the first game. And really, Pokemon don't have personalities considering they're generic members of prolific fictional animal species.
What are you talking about? Mario and Link have tons of personality. Link goes haaak, ki-aaah, and hup! while mario well...let's just say you've been living under a rock if you think he lacks any personality whatsoever since over the last 10 years or so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wales does have a dragon as its flag. They've been Ridley supporters for the longest.

I'd only accept he's a dark-type if you accept Mother Brain is a psychic-type.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just beat Ridley in Nintendo Land, and additionally got his trophy in the main plaza. That was pretty much my only goal with Nintendo Land :p

Only Meta Ridley remains in Prime Pinball, and I'll have completed all Ridley encounters.

D

Deleted member

Just beat Ridley in Nintendo Land, and additionally got his trophy in the main plaza. That was pretty much my only goal with Nintendo Land :p

Only Meta Ridley remains in Prime Pinball, and I'll have completed all Ridley encounters.
What about Ice Ridley?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

So, you own a copy of Dead or Alive: Dimensions then?

I'm trying to think if Ridley has ever appeared in anything beyond the video game medium. The only one that I can think of is that he appeared in a MAD: the animated series sketch along with Samus. I was going to look for it on Youtube, but the copyright gods got to it first.:(

AndreaAC

hey, look what i found on FB, when i checked the Metroid Database profile....and they think that it is funny....
IwndEiy (1).jpg

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I actually had DoA Dimensions for a long time and was even told Ridley was in the game, but I didn't find him until just a few months back. I feel silly.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What about Ice Ridley?
I'm satisfied as long as I got the regular Ridley boss battle down. I don't intend on beating Ridley in every game on every difficulty possible :p

So, you own a copy of Dead or Alive: Dimensions then?
Nah, but you can't really beat him in that game per say. I guess I should have called it boss battles and not encounters.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Had to get my copy of DoA:D imported, stupid Swedes and their stupid laws.(I live in Norway, still didn't stop them from messing things up for me)

But yeah, that Other M stage is pretty sweet, though Ridley deals out disgustingly huge damage if you get knocked off the stage.

majora_787

Smash Hero
DoA Dimensions is honestly why I don't think Sakurai would make him a stage hazard. I mean I don't think he would purposely do something another fighting game did.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
hey, look what i found on FB, when i checked the Metroid Database profile
The Metroid Database is a cesspit. Toobigots everywhere, and it's all the worst kind ("Ridley just wouldn't be Ridley if he was smaaaaaaaall!").

Also, the place is full of **** in general. You'd think that people who picked a place dedicated to Metroid as their forum of choice would be cooler people.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

The Metroid Database is a cesspit. Toobigots everywhere.

Also, the place is full of **** in general.
Yeah, but what i found most funny of them, is that they believe that Anthony Higgs has chances to be in Smash more than Ridley.....that's just ridiculous

AndreaAC

Hey, at least they're not asking for Adam over Ridley.
Speaking of Adam.....i always found so funny this comment on retsupurae's other m review.....

"Adam for SSB4!

His entire moveset would be devoted to unauthorizing the attacks of female opponents. His Final Smash would be to blow himself up, immediately ending the match as a "No Contest". Make it happen, Nintendo."

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I also don't get why anyone would want one of the one-shot, utterly unimportant, bland and cloney hunters from MP:H over the single most recurring and important character in the series besides Samus.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hey, at least they're not asking for Adam over Ridley.
That makes more sense than Anthony at least. Adam might be a much bigger ass, but he can do everything Anthony can do, while also being much more important and has had somewhat of an actual impact on the franchise. Adam is the reason Anthony goes from incredibly unlikely to flat out impossible, putting Adam on the incredibly unlikely block.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well I suppose if your a person that believe Ridley cannot possible, then I suppose that's the only direction you can go. The Metroid series until recently didn't have a whole bunch of supporting character or non-giant monster type bosses.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The Metroid Database is a cesspit. Toobigots everywhere, and it's all the worst kind ("Ridley just wouldn't be Ridley if he was smaaaaaaaall!").

Also, the place is full of **** in general. You'd think that people who picked a place dedicated to Metroid as their forum of choice would be cooler people.
I've already come to the conclusion that while Metroid Database was once a well-respected site for Metroid fans everywhere, it's now being run by casual Halotards who got into the Metroid Prime craze back in the day, and are now only nostalgically reminiscing about it. I mean come on, that's all they seem to only care about when I first went over there, none of them were interested in the slightest about trying out the 2-D titles.

Some of them were even seriously wondering if Super Smash Bros was actually part of the Metroid Timeline. I remember one of them wanting Pikachu to be a new recurring character.

Anyone who thinks Ridley is all about being huge quite frankly isn't a real Metroid fan.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Andrea your drawings are like too good are you sure you aren't secretly like a terminator or something

Either way keep drawing I'm not sure how long I can go without another one

and holy crap ismar i feel like your posts doubled in the past month or something what has modhood done to you

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have a really strong feeling that if Ridley isn't revealed as a stage hazard before E3, he could be at E3 (Alongside Pac-Man). If he is, however, I would assume Miis would be the character shown off with Paccy.

AndreaAC

Andrea your drawings are like too good are you sure you aren't secretly like a terminator or something

Either way keep drawing I'm not sure how long I can go without another one

and holy crap ismar i feel like your posts doubled in the past month or something what has modhood done to you
:3 Oh, thank you so much!! im so glad that you like them! :) I hope to be able to draw more as soon as possible! i can accep ideas as well!

xD I hope to become an illustrator or a 3D modeler and animator....and Metroid is a big part of my inspiration!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm almost interested in seeing Ridley talk Welsh now.
He doesn't talk in the games though so... eh...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
:3 Oh, thank you so much!! im so glad that you like them! :) I hope to be able to draw more as soon as possible! i can accept ideas as well!

xD I hope to become an illustrator or a 3D modeler....and Metroid is a big part of my inspiration!
Have you ever done pixel art? I feel like we don't get enough pixel art Ridleys.

Metroid art is always up there in my favorites.... I always attempt to draw metroids but my art skill is sitting pretty around -3.... I think ~half the reason I come to this thread is all the awesome art that gets posted.

I'll have to get back to you on a request though that's too on the spot I'm terrible at that. I'll think of some Ridley thing for you to draw later xD

Just out of curiosity though not quite as on topic do you happen to have any skill in pixel art?

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's argument that gets used for a lot of things in the world. It's basically a way of bypassing any real debate by disfranchising your opponent.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's funny how anti-Ridley people flip that around and use that as an argument.
You would think that those people who put the effort they made into despising a major character into something else that's worthwhile instead.

The Metroid Database itself is already a half-dead, barren husk of what it was when I checked back in December. There were forum topics dating waayy back to 2007, and there were was hardly anything new.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It's the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy, in which you act like a complete idiot by simply claiming that "someone isn't a true X if they don't Y".

It gets used a lot because there are a lot of idiots in the world.

Top Bottom