• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That kind of argument does get used for pretty much everything from geek culture to real life politics. In reality it's a stupid, meaningless tactic, it unfortunately often times does work. If you can convince enough people of your generalization opinion of other people then the facts and reality of situation don't matter anymore as they've already done the job of working other people into a frenzy about something where they are no longer willing to listen to the opinions of those that have been demonized.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That kind of argument does get used for pretty much everything from geek culture to real life politics. In reality it's a stupid, meaningless tactic, it unfortunately often times does work. If you can convince enough people of your generalization opinion of other people then the facts and reality of situation don't matter anymore as they've already done the job of working other people into a frenzy about something where they are no longer willing to listen to the opinions of those that have been demonized.
Mob mentality, much? Ignoring facts, working people into frenzies, and then closing off to any form of opposing rationalization?

Yeah, I think that sums it up pretty good.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Have you ever done pixel art? I feel like we don't get enough pixel art Ridleys.

Metroid art is always up there in my favorites.... I always attempt to draw metroids but my art skill is sitting pretty around -3.... I think ~half the reason I come to this thread is all the awesome art that gets posted.

I'll have to get back to you on a request though that's too on the spot I'm terrible at that. I'll think of some Ridley thing for you to draw later xD

Just out of curiosity though not quite as on topic do you happen to have any skill in pixel art?
Oh, you need to have faith that you can get better at art, you need to practice, even if many believe that i learned to draw like that in a day, that's not true, i needed weeks, months, even YEARS of practice, and im not a professional yet, i have problems with human anatomy and many other things, and im still learning about it.

:3 and i love metroid art as well, i check DA constantly....I have seen there good Ridley pixel art, but like you said, it is pretty rare....

I never tried pixel art myself...the only thing i have done that looks like it, are the metroid sprites on one of my Ridley drawings, using a graticule? and paint's eraser/...

And I really want to hear your idea! :) I will try to do the best i can!

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So, you own a copy of Dead or Alive: Dimensions then?

I'm trying to think if Ridley has ever appeared in anything beyond the video game medium. The only one that I can think of is that he appeared in a MAD: the animated series sketch along with Samus. I was going to look for it on Youtube, but the copyright gods got to it first.:(
Well he briefly appeared some in Captain N: The Game Master in his original NES design, but that's about all I can think of beyond the video game medium, aside from comics/manga of course.

.... This makes me all the more glad about the news earlier about Nintendo expending their character licensing and actively finding partners for getting their stuff in other mediums, which eventually means Metroid hopefully.

hey, look what i found on FB, when i checked the Metroid Database profile....and they think that it is funny....
View attachment 9017
As mentioned, most of the people of Metroid Database are toobigots, so its no surprise they'd post something like that on FB at Ridley's expense.

I'm satisfied as long as I got the regular Ridley boss battle down. I don't intend on beating Ridley in every game on every difficulty possible :p

Nah, but you can't really beat him in that game per say. I guess I should have called it boss battles and not encounters.
Well Ice Ridley is still a boss battle technically, so don't be a quitter now. :p

The Metroid Database is a cesspit. Toobigots everywhere, and it's all the worst kind ("Ridley just wouldn't be Ridley if he was smaaaaaaaall!").

Also, the place is full of **** in general. You'd think that people who picked a place dedicated to Metroid as their forum of choice would be cooler people.
Yeah... Finding that out about the place/their forum was one of my biggest (trollololo?) disappointments as a Metroid fan, and why I never made an account there when I thought I would someday.

That makes more sense than Anthony at least. Adam might be a much bigger ***, but he can do everything Anthony can do, while also being much more important and has had somewhat of an actual impact on the franchise. Adam is the reason Anthony goes from incredibly unlikely to flat out impossible, putting Adam on the incredibly unlikely block.
Yeah, somewhere down the line I've thought this too, even though Adam's less popular/liked than Higgs and all that.

I've already come to the conclusion that while Metroid Database was once a well-respected site for Metroid fans everywhere, it's now being run by casual Halotards who got into the Metroid Prime craze back in the day, and are now only nostalgically reminiscing about it. I mean come on, that's all they seem to only care about when I first went over there, none of them were interested in the slightest about trying out the 2-D titles.

Some of them were even seriously wondering if Super Smash Bros was actually part of the Metroid Timeline. I remember one of them wanting Pikachu to be a new recurring character.

Anyone who thinks Ridley is all about being huge quite frankly isn't a real Metroid fan.
People legitly wondering if Smash/SSE was actually part of Metroid timeline canon? Now that is just sad, and just when I thought MDB couldn't reach a new low.

Yeah, you may be right. I can see the place having had respectable users back in the day, but now it's just a reminder of how disgusting a lot of fanbases can be.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

@Ridley_Prime Hey! where have you been? :D

:3 I posted more Ridley stuff....what do you think?

@DraginHikari think positive, everyone can become good at drawing, you only need patience and practice

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

@DraginHikari think positive, everyone can become good at drawing, you only need patience and practice
I have high motor skill defect issues in my hands, I could but it would take along more effort then I would be willing to put it.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

School and places? As far as this site I've always still been here as consistently as before. Just sometimes lurk instead of posting when I feel I don't have much things to say or respond to..

The Ridley facial animations got kind of redundant after awhile (still good though and like them all, so don't get me wrong), but for the last drawing you posted that was colored, I liked the lighter choice of brown you chose for Omega Ridley. :3 And... yeah. Think that's all I got for right now. Still progressing as an artist at school, but have got some ways to go before I'd be ready to accurately draw something like Ridley.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

School and places? As far as this site I've always still been here as consistently as before. Just sometimes lurk instead of posting when I feel I don't have much things to say or respond to..

The Ridley facial animations got kind of redundant after awhile (still good though and like them all, so don't get me wrong), but for the last drawing you posted that was colored, I liked the lighter choice of brown you chose for Omega Ridley. :3 And... yeah. Think that's all I got for right now. Still progressing as an artist at school, but have got some ways to go before I'd be ready to accurately draw something like Ridley.
:) oh ok! xD Yeah, i know they got kind of redundant, but it is hard to me to think what else can i do with them, since they dont move completely, only the eyes, i need to learn to animate better, but for now, putting full movement on him is really hard, you maybe have seen the one i did yesterday, where i tried to practice movement and make him walk....and it did no come how i expected....

:3 thank you! It was hard to get the colors he has in this form right, good thing that i did not colored the original sketch...

oh, :D and I wish you luck! Im really looking foward to see how are you progressing on becoming an artist!

@SchAlternate WOW! YOUR DRAWING LOOKS AWESOME!!!...and the look on Mother Brain....oh god...SO FUNNY!

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
More nonsense

redorks.jpg

I wanted to make Ridley look like a colossal jerk by adding shades, a top hat, and a stache. Can't forget about the stache.

And puppies.

Start a comic pls.
@SchAlternate Yeah, you definitely should start a comic! :D That would be the most AWESOME thing ever!
Aw you guys!

... Maybe I'll get on to it!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
More nonsense

View attachment 9036

I wanted to make Ridley look like a colossal jerk by adding shades, a top hat, and a stache. Can't forget about the stache.

And puppies.

Aw you guys!

... Maybe I'll get on to it!

That puppy is way too small in your picture! It should be towering over Ridley, crushing him within his cute, adorable paws!

...Fantastic artwork btw.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

That puppy is way too small in your picture! It should be towering over Ridley, crushing him within his cute, adorable paws!

...Fantastic artwork btw.
Yes, because as we all know it would be an absolute sin against nature itself if the dog is shrunk down at all. Its size must be preserved for the sake of the character's dignity!!!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh, you need to have faith that you can get better at art, you need to practice, even if many believe that i learned to draw like that in a day, that's not true, i needed weeks, months, even YEARS of practice, and im not a professional yet, i have problems with human anatomy and many other things, and im still learning about it.

:3 and i love metroid art as well, i check DA constantly....I have seen there good Ridley pixel art, but like you said, it is pretty rare....

I never tried pixel art myself...the only thing i have done that looks like it, are the metroid sprites on one of my Ridley drawings, using a graticule? and paint's eraser/...

And I really want to hear your idea! :) I will try to do the best i can!
whoops, I had meant to edit out that first line because I had realized all the old metroid games are represented that way, derp.

as for getting better at art, while I'd love to, it isn't one of my primary goals, just more of a 'that'd be nice' thing, so I don't get to put nearly enough time into it to make any noticeable advances. I love programming games but my art assets always stay in the placeholder phase, which is the source of my ire. i'd love to be the one man show but the amount of time that would require is more than I have or will have in the foreseeable future.

And, if you're up for taking an epic drawing suggestion, one thing I always felt was missed out on in Metroid Prime 3 was Samus fighting Ridley on the planet Elysia, having to use the grapple system to get attacks off. I think Samus on one of those rail systems fighting Ridley would make a pretty boss scene. a boss boss scene. heh. I also just love the architecture on Elysia I could explore that place for hours.

AndreaAC

whoops, I had meant to edit out that first line because I had realized all the old metroid games are represented that way, derp.

as for getting better at art, while I'd love to, it isn't one of my primary goals, just more of a 'that'd be nice' thing, so I don't get to put nearly enough time into it to make any noticeable advances. I love programming games but my art assets always stay in the placeholder phase, which is the source of my ire. i'd love to be the one man show but the amount of time that would require is more than I have or will have in the foreseeable future.

And, if you're up for taking an epic drawing suggestion, one thing I always felt was missed out on in Metroid Prime 3 was Samus fighting Ridley on the planet Elysia, having to use the grapple system to get attacks off. I think Samus on one of those rail systems fighting Ridley would make a pretty boss scene. a boss boss scene. heh. I also just love the architecture on Elysia I could explore that place for hours.
xD programming would be impossible for me.....oh, and about the drawing, you mean the rail system where you are using the grapple beam while moving and annoying enemies makes you fall? and wich form of Ridley you want me to use?

Oh, yeah, Elysia is amazing, and that heavenly music makes it way better!.....

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I also don't get why anyone would want one of the one-shot, utterly unimportant, bland and cloney hunters from MP:H over the single most recurring and important character in the series besides Samus.
They look like rejected Halo characters. I've never understood the desire to see them either. There are random enemies in Super Metroid that have more personality than they do. A brick wall would make a better character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was listening to Tears of Life when I saw the Ridley Being Proud of the Puppy picture, and it made it infinitely more awesome. :laugh:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
xD programming would be impossible for me.....oh, and about the drawing, you mean the rail system where you are using the grapple beam while moving and annoying enemies makes you fall? and which form of Ridley you want me to use?

Oh, yeah, Elysia is amazing, and that heavenly music makes it way better!.....

eh, being good at programming just like what you said about drawing, except it takes less time because its less about mastering coordination and technique and more about looking stuff up online.

As for which form of Ridley, ehh, meta or normal, I love both. I leave it up to your discretion.

AndreaAC

eh, being good at programming just like what you said about drawing, except it takes less time because its less about mastering coordination and technique and more about looking stuff up online.

As for which form of Ridley, ehh, meta or normal, I love both. I leave it up to your discretion.
:3 All right, I will think on some ideas for it.......and sleep for a little bit, because im nearly falling asleep in front of the computer...and that cute little puppy hugging Ridley make me want to hug my purple borrego blanket....

Top Bottom