• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
looks like I have some work to do when I get back home after the weekend and have access to my scanner, gotta keep up Ridley's reputation.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well Samus is a bounty hunter, so she'll help you out... for a reasonable price of course.
I must be sincere here, if it was the Samus from Primes, she will kill it in an instant with the plasma beam, but if she is the one from Other M, i doubt it, she never killed it when she had the chance, just because it looked harmless (hell it does not), and even when it give her a dead look, she did not.....so, I will pay the Samus i know will kill it.....or do it myself....

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
I must be sincere here, if it was the Samus from Primes, she will kil it in an instant with the plasma beam, but if she is the one from Other M, i doubt it, she never killed it when she had the chance, just because it looked harmless (hell it does not), and even when it give her a dead look, she did not.....so, I will pay the Samus i know will kill it.....or do it myself....
True, Samus could have stepped on the little beast from the get-go and made her whole mission a LOT easier. Unfortunately Prime Samus never got such an easy way out.

AndreaAC

Why would you kill it? Doesn't matter if it gives the glare of death.

IT'S SO FWUFFY AND CUTE.
o___o no, it is not, and never will....if Samus had killed it, she could have prevented the PTSD....both Samus and Ridley's reputation could have been left intact in my point of view....She wouldn't freak out, and Ridley would never had get owned by Anthony and killed by a queen metroid....

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well Ice Ridley is still a boss battle technically, so don't be a quitter now. :p
Well, when you put it like that...

I gotta sate my need for Ridley somehow anyway, and Ice Ridley in itself sounds like a neat concept. So yeah, I guess I'll do it.

AndreaAC

And Ridley Kong.
Yes....especially that...and it would have prevented that a great amount of hatred went into my hearth because of that design and outrageous evolutionary line....The Original one could have been saved.....

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Here, here, here we go
So they're finally here performing for you,
If you know the words you can join in too.
Put your hands together if you want to clap,
As we take you through this space dragon rap.
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well,
He's finally back, to kick some tail.
His plasma breath can fire in spurts,
If he shoots ya, it's gunna hurt.
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too,
He's the first member of the Space Pirate crew.
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
R.K. Ridley Kong is here.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Here, here, here we go
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
Simply brilliant. Now I can go to sleep knowing that I got my daily dose of goodness.

AndreaAC

Hey AndreaAC, how were you making those Ridley gifs anyway? I have Flipnote myself and could do an animation, but could I turn it into a gif easily or are you using a different application?
Im using flipnote, and after i save the animation on the DSi, i use my SD card, and open the animation again, and i look for the option "Save As..." and it gives you the option to save it as a GIF on the SD card

And sorry for take too much time to respond.....I was watching a Zelda retrospective....and i didn't see the comment until it ended and i opened the page....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Sweet, that's it? :D

Cool, then I can see what I can do with it!
:) Im really looking foward to see your animations.....xD you may animate WAY better than me....

oh well....here is one of the first try to draw Other Ridley when i did a simple comparisson between it and Omega...this drawing is also really old
74806_358366534244922_2030943606_n.jpg

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD well let me show another one.....i think it will be the last one ultil I do a new one.,..
300941_185399004875010_918235184_n.jpg

Should i show you my 18th birthday drawing i did to myself? it has Ridley on it (and many other characters)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I like the Katakana in that second to last one. Makes me feel accomplished for having taken Japn 101
:3 thank you....and that's great! I wanted to go to Japan in my 15th birthday, but i could not, years later, when i planned it again, the earthquake, tsunami and the radioactive environment because of Fukushima....scared me, and i didn't want to go to JP since then....

Oh, and im already looking for references to the drawing you requested.....

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I want to go to Japan but I am a poor college student with no money and no study abroad options, and no way to take more japanese classes and still graduate on time. Buuuut i can read katakana and hirigana and recognize some Japanese words so I feel slightly accomplished.

and dont feel the need to rush lol you posted like 8 things in the past something hours it'll take a while to get over those, too much awesome going on

AndreaAC

I want to go to Japan but I am a poor college student with no money and no study abroad options, and no way to take more japanese classes and still graduate on time. Buuuut i can read katakana and hirigana and recognize some Japanese words so I feel slightly accomplished.

and dont feel the need to rush lol you posted like 8 things in the past something hours it'll take a while to get over those, too much awesome going on
:3 Someday we are going to be able to go! you will get the chance when you least expect it, and i hope to overcome my fear...

Oh, OK! It is just that when someone request me something, i feel compromised.... xD and yeah....i posted a lot today

AND THANK YOU A LOT! :3

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here, here, here we go
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
Huh
R.K. Ridley Kong
Come on, Anthony! Take it to the fridge!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, some dude on Team Fortress 2 felt it necessary to comment on my username (currently Right-Size Ridley) and tell me that Ridley was never going to appear in Smash Bros and that I should "get over it".

Folks, you heard it here first. Steam is the place to go for true Smash Bros. knowledge.

I really wish he'd just be announced already so I can just laugh in every TooBigot's smug ****ing face.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, some dude on Team Fortress 2 felt it necessary to comment on my username (currently Right-Size Ridley) and tell me that Ridley was never going to appear in Smash Bros and that I should "get over it".

Folks, you heard it here first. Steam is the place to go for true Smash Bros. knowledge.

I really wish he'd just be announced already so I can just laugh in every TooBigot's smug ****ing face.
So what did you do when he told you that, ignore him? That was just a troll, at least from what I can tell.

I'm pretty sure people said the same thing about characters like Villager, Rosalina, and R.O.B., and look where they are.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
whoops, I had meant to edit out that first line because I had realized all the old metroid games are represented that way, derp.

as for getting better at art, while I'd love to, it isn't one of my primary goals, just more of a 'that'd be nice' thing, so I don't get to put nearly enough time into it to make any noticeable advances. I love programming games but my art assets always stay in the placeholder phase, which is the source of my ire. i'd love to be the one man show but the amount of time that would require is more than I have or will have in the foreseeable future.

And, if you're up for taking an epic drawing suggestion, one thing I always felt was missed out on in Metroid Prime 3 was Samus fighting Ridley on the planet Elysia, having to use the grapple system to get attacks off. I think Samus on one of those rail systems fighting Ridley would make a pretty boss scene. a boss boss scene. heh. I also just love the architecture on Elysia I could explore that place for hours.
Your last paragraph i soooooo felt the same seriously!!!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Interesting how the number of fingers changes too. I think I actually like Ridley's Other M hand better. The only thing I like better! It's just Prime 3 has that extra big middle finger that looks weird.

All the better to flip people off I suppose.

Heh now I'm picturing Omega Ridley giving Little Birdie the Birdie!

AndreaAC

O___o WOW, what a great way to wake up! with lots of likes! :3 thank you!

AndreaAC

I RETURNED ON MIIVERSE !!!!!!
AND AS I SAID HERE YOU ARE THE CONVERSATION WHERE TWO TOOBIGOTS BLOCKED ME ,ENJOY :
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaW6pXNcbQ

and ... don't look at my drawings ... yours are A LOT better than mine .
oh, you have done drawings on Miiverse? :) Come on, you dont have to say that.....like i said, i have years of practice....but just with certain things, i cant draw the human figure well....and many other things that i cant draw....im still learning

xD And i dont have a wii u.......but i would like to see your drawings!

and ignore the annoying toobigots....

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
oh, you have done drawings on Miiverse? :) Come on, you dont have to say that.....like i said, i have years of practice....but just with certain things, i cant draw the human figure well....and many other things that i cant draw....im still learning

xD And i dont have a wii u.......but i would like to see your drawings!

and ignore the annoying toobigots....
however if you click on the link I posted before you can see that conversation also if you have not Miiverse ;)

PS I draw human figure quite well :awesome:

Top Bottom