• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Big Rig Randy

Smash Cadet

Can I assume that you are just slapping us on the knee?
No, I ****ing love Ridley, he's cool as hell. But he just wouldn't work. The only way he'd work is if we get some tiny little ***** version of himself.

I want Ridley in to play as a badass space dragon, not his pre-teen little brother.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
No, I ****ing love Ridley, he's cool as hell. But he just wouldn't work. The only way he'd work is if we get some tiny little ***** version of himself.

I want Ridley in to play as a badass space dragon, not his pre-teen little brother.
Well, I must disagree, but if that's your opinion, I don't suppose I'll try to sway you from it. Though I do suggest you take a look at Angelglory's size comparisons for a look at how most of us want him to appear.

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Fan art of Ridley's bro please.

Also, explain why he wouldn't work. Because right now you seem like a real troll.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Fan art of Ridley's bro please.
This reminds me of Crusade's old running comic strip.
This one allowed us to meet Ridley's family, Rodley his brother and my oc heavy ridley (do not steal) as their father.

ah yes, the good old days
[noididnotdrawthis]

Last edited:

Ascended

Smash Ace
The connection between Ridley and Little Mac seems to be growing; this will be fully realized if Ridley is the aerial menace we're all expecting him to be, making him a rival/counterpoint to Little Mac's ground-based game. Big vs. Small, Human vs. Alien, Good vs. Evil...

Market that ****!
Both are people that Samus has ticked off.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This reminds me of Crusade's old running comic strip.
This one allowed us to meet Ridley's family, Rodley his brother and my oc heavy ridley (do not steal) as their father.

ah yes, the good old days
[noididnotdrawthis]
12A571_0D4A955C9B0C2_000.gif

"...I...need....to.....DIE....."

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It is now obligatory to have an Event match in which Samus must face off against a Little Mac-Ridley team.
"The fans aren't the only ones who want you to shut up, Samus! Fight the biggest and the smallest in this grudge match for the ages!"

Both are people that Samus has ticked off.
Really, it's more the other way around.

Ridley killed her parents, so Samus returns the favor by utterly and completely wrecking his scaly ass every time the two meet.

Well, almost every time...

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

You mean this guy?

It's an adolescent Ridley, after all! :troll:

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Arguments against Ridley I've seen in the last 24 hours...

1) Ridley wouldn't be able to do anything--he has no moveset potential.
(Hey! Why don't you come read this thread?)

2) Ridley doesn't have a personality.
(Hey! Why don't you read the manga? Anyway, does personality even matter? Villager?)

3) Ridley is too vicious for Smash Bros.
(Hey! Have you ever played a Zelda game? Ganondorf is no little angel...)

4) Ridley is confirmed to be a stage hazard.
(Hey! Although this is a possibility, it wasn't confirmed, and we can't even be sure it was hinted!)

5) Ridley would just fly around and other characters would have to jump.
(Hey! Same was said about Charizard and Kirby! Besides, Ridley does fight on land, too!)

6) Ridley isn't important enough of a character.
(Hey! He's the main villain of Metroid and appears in pretty much every game!

7) Ridley isn't needed because Metroid doesn't need another rep.
(Hey! Um.... it could actually use one... and besides, it's not about reps, it's about characters.)

8) Ridley can't be in because he was a boss in Brawl.
(Hey! Characters can change roles! Charizard in 64 and Melee, anyone?)

9) Ridley would either be too weak or too strong.
(Hey! That may be the worst argument I've ever heard!)

10) Ridley is too big.
(Nevermind. THAT is the worst argument I've ever heard.)

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
another great one is metroid is a series about isolation, samus should be alone.
but even besides the point that ridley is the reason behind all the isolation, mario, zelda, and even most of the kirby's are also isolated. you're on a journey alone to save someone or something.

so that's a lot of characters we have to remove if that theory flies

AndreaAC

Anyone seen this yet?

(Yes, Ridley is in it)
:D WOW! that animation is awesome! and Ridley looks amazing! :love:....I really want to see a Metroid movie someday, but that it does NOT turns out as Disney romance musical type movie....The only reason i would see it, is because Ridley would appear on it...

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Ridley has no chance. Any theory or whatever you all come up with is just a complete desperate pipe dream, and you know it. So you can go ahead and lock this thread now.

:D WOW! that animation is awesome! and Ridley looks amazing! :love:....I really want to see a Metroid movie someday, but that it does not turns out as Disney romance musical type movie....The only reason i would see it, is because Ridley would appear on it...
Nintendo should do a Metroid movie about the manga with Other M graphyc :love:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
3) Ridley is too vicious for Smash Bros.
(Hey! Have you ever played a Zelda game? Ganondorf is no little angel...)
There's also Mewtwo, who is said to have "the most savage heart among Pokemon".

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Nintendo should do a Metroid movie about the manga with Other M graphyc :love:
xD I think that with the 2 Hours of Cutscenes......Other M is already a Movie.....indeed, when you use "theater mode" it says "Metroid: Other M- The Movie"...so....if nintendo did a Metroid movie i wish it had something like that animation style had, showing the classic appearences, or Prime Trilogy Style....that would be so beautiful.....and a movie about the manga sounds neat...

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Anyone seen this yet?

(Yes, Ridley is in it)
It's a bit ruined by fact the whole romance thing, as there are plenty of other, more appropriate/canon things that Samus could've sang about (the woman is a walking tragedy factory), but the animation and writing is really good. The subject matter is really the only thing I have a problem with.

And thank you, @ IsmaR IsmaR <3

Hey, you know what? I have an even better idea?

Find someone who's a capable video editor and get them to make YouTube Poop videos out of all of the Too Bigot anti-Ridley videos. Or dubstep remixes. Or anything else of that sort.

This thread is teeming with fantastic image editors, so surely someone's got the skillset to pull one of the above off as well?
BWAHAHAHA, I love it.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd say we turn "Bunny Hood Ridley Matches" into a recurring thing, just to rub it in how we're "ruining his character" or whatever.

"Oh noes! People are having fun with an awesome character! That's some end-of-times s*** right there!"
Hey, you know what? I have an even better idea?

Find someone who's a capable video editor and get them to make YouTube Poop videos out of all of the Too Bigot anti-Ridley videos. Or dubstep remixes to the tune of Vs. Ridley. Or anything else of that sort.

This thread is teeming with fantastic image editors, so surely someone's got the skillset to pull one of the above off as well?

I figure it'd be best to get some of those made now, since, if Ridley ever does get confirmed, you know those people are going to pull those videos down in utter shame as fast as they can.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Also Little Mac.
and King Dedede (Background Element in 64, Trophy in Melee)
and Meta Knight (Trophy in Melee)
and Wario (Trophy in Melee)
and Pit (Trophy in Melee)
and Villager (background element and trophy in Brawl)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Interesting how the number of fingers changes too. I think I actually like Ridley's Other M hand better. The only thing I like better! It's just Prime 3 has that extra big middle finger that looks weird.

All the better to flip people off I suppose.

Heh now I'm picturing Omega Ridley giving Little Birdie the Birdie!
xD I will draw that someday....i remeber that i did a drawing with Omega Ridley and Little shi- i mean...birdie...a long time ago....it had Omega forcing it to eat the same fruit it fell from, pushing it into it's mouth with that long pointer finger he has, while he is laughing looking at how Little birdie was choking with the fruit.....Cruel? i don't think so, it is the Original Ridley the one who does it after all....

Last edited:
Top Bottom