• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
How long does it take you to make these poses?
I use BrawlBox to do all of my posing stuff. So for characters already in Brawl and stuff, it's easy to just grab a frame from one of their animations (like I did with Samus) Characters outside the Brawlfluence like Other M Ridley take more time, 10 minutes at absolute most.

I also save every pose I make that I think would be useful for another picture. For example:
I've used this pose as a base for both the JoJo pose and the grabbing pose.

andimidna

Smash Master
I use BrawlBox to do all of my posing stuff. So for characters already in Brawl and stuff, it's easy to just grab a frame from one of their animations (like I did with Samus) Characters outside the Brawlfluence like Other M Ridley take more time, 10 minutes at absolute most.

I also save every pose I make that I think would be useful for another picture. For example:
I've used this pose as a base for both the JoJo pose and the grabbing pose.
Have you done one with a stage background?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Question: If Ridley isn't that good of a character, will any of you guys still main him?
I don't actually plan on maining Ridley, at the moment. Veteran-wise, Luigi and Ganondorf are my go-to choices. I'm also interested in the Wii Fit Trainer, and Mewtwo, if he returns.

I'm interested in all my other most-wanted Newcomers because I enjoy the characters and/or see great potential in them. My "idea" of bad characters may be informed by how casual a Smasher I am (pretty sure everyone here could destroy me), so for me, Ridley being "bad" would mean that I don't enjoy playing as him. This would be unfortunate, but I would nonetheless appreciate his inclusion in the roster.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I couldn't resist...

42A571_0D47E4B98395E_000.gif

"......"

xD this is the last gif i could make before my DSi died...... :3 It was so much fun putting all those different expressions on Ridley......maybe I will make more....should i?

Last edited:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
People who won't buy Smash over Ridley's inclusion aren't true fan of Smash in the first place.

I just thought I'd throw this out there because I've seen one too many "hardcore" Smash 'fans" say this today.

Not on here of course. U guiz iz kewl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People who won't buy Smash over Ridley's inclusion aren't true fan of Smash in the first place.

I just thought I'd throw this out there because I've seen one too many "hardcore" Smash 'fans" say this today.

Not really? Although not buying the game specifically for Ridley may sound extreme, there are people out there who can't just casually go out and buy a Wii U and the new Smash at a whim. It's a big commitment for them, and if they're not invested enough in the roster, they may just stick with the Smash games they already have. This is probably what I will do if neither K. Rool nor Ridley becomes playable. Doesn't mean someone who does that isn't a "true fan," they just don't buy things unconditionally.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Ridley's a pretty big deal for me if I'm going to get both the Wii U and 3DS versions. I'm still really interested in getting SSB4, but I just can't bring myself to putting in hours of gameplay on both games if my most wanted character still isn't playable. The same goes for other characters that I really like, such as King K. Rool or Mewtwo.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
If Ridley's not in, I'll main Falco again. If not, then Ganon. If not then Mario I guess. Either way, it's too early to tell who my main(s) are gonna be, specially since I don't main anyone specifically in PM/Brawl (Mario has had the most work though). I will be getting this game, Ridley or not.

D

Deleted member

So, Angelglory pretty much did the impossible; he made people like Other M Ridley.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Question: If Ridley isn't that good of a character, will any of you guys still main him?
Yup. He will be one of my mains even if he is an extremely slow, clunky and difficult character to master.
Well, if Ridley and/or K. Rool are in, Smash 4 is a day 1 buy from me, otherwise I might stick with Brawl/Project M for a while. If that makes me less of a fan compared to the people who will buy the game day 1, regardless of the content present in the game, then that is okay to me. Hopefully Ridley and K. Rool will be in, so I will have plenty of reasons to give Nintendo my money and believe me, I really want to support the company, but sometimes it is hard to find a reason to do such thing.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord

(Ridley and Samus are the same sizes as my size comparison.)
Wow, I'm impressed. Even I didn't think it would look that good.

Ridley's only obstacle now is really the wings and tail. That will cause some hitbox issues if the smash bros team aren't careful. Does anyone have any possible ideas on how to rectify this (preferably without resizing)?

So, Angelglory pretty much did the impossible; he made people like Other M Ridley.
Seriously, never did I think the day would come when Other M Ridley is on the screen and I'm like "That looks awesome!" And yet, Angelglory proves me wrong over and over.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you actually mean hitboxes (area where Ridley's moves land) or do you mean hurtboxes (area where Ridley can be hit)?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Ridley's only obstacle now is really the wings and tail. That will cause some hitbox issues if the smash bros team aren't careful. Does anyone have any possible ideas on how to rectify this (preferably without resizing)?
I'd presume that the tail would wrap around itself, maybe also shrinking it a bit for static poses and elongating for attacks. As for the wings, maybe shrink them down a bit and pull a Charizard where they don't count towards his hurtbox.

Edit: 1000 posts!

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Today's Pic of the Day... EVEN MORE SIZE COMPARISONS! Once again, Samus is included in the Size comparison. Man. I can't be teased like this all the way til E3.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222

Ridley could always have his wings folded and tail curled up, except when jumping or attacking.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm all for Ridley being in SSBWii U/3DS, I think it's about time that Samus has an enemy from her games in this. Also, I think it's be pretty fun to play as him.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Today's Pic of the Day... EVEN MORE SIZE COMPARISONS! Once again, Samus is included in the Size comparison. Man. I can't be teased like this all the way til E3.
I find curious that he is making so many size comparisons, in the week after revealing a newcomer. Lets assume he is making the size comparisons to hint playable Ridley to be revealed next, why do that now? Shouldn't he wait for the next Direct to be a little closer? I mean, the next one it is likely two months from now. Or perhaps we will get a new Direct sooner than expected? Or maybe Ridley will be revealed in a different way? Or none of the alternatives?

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
What qualifies as being "not good", out of curiosity? The way he'll be judged due to inevitable tier lists and the competitive scene? I don't care if Ridley can't even glide, I'll still use him. Mewtwo's my main in SSBM and Project M, I just love playing the guy no matter the match-up or how "bad" he is.

D

Deleted member

You know who else was "Little" before? Ridley.

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I dont get why people are againts the idea of a xenomorph like draconian space pterodactyl with the mind of a cunning psychopath. They didnt complain when we got a yoga mannequin...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I dont get why people are againts the idea of a xenomorph like draconian space pterodactyl with the mind of a cunning psychopath. They didnt complain when we got a yoga mannequin...
Something tells me it's not necessarily that they don't want him, but rather that they are somehow blindly lead to believe that he can't get in for miscellaneous reasons.

As if a voice lead their simple, inferior minds, as a hive mind...
More like a Nintennuendo.

*High-fives Reggie*
I think that was "Ninntuendo" or something.

Top Bottom