• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And it's by some American smartass.

Seriously, check his profile.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
And it's by some American smartass.

Seriously, check his profile.
Then it's either by someone from these boards who saw your post, or some guy who lonely wanders the Japanese boards without understanding anything. Either way, he's wasting his time :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's definitely someone from here.

He knew I called him American. XD

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Ugh, Reddit is so goofy. Once I made my account here, I've been going there less and less. You guys are so much cooler.

Anyway, with all the Ridley talk today, I went and started another file on Super Metroid. Gotta say, while his design in that game is my favorite, his tiny wings look a little silly. I really like how he looks on the cover of the game, however.

Also, I was thinking that since enemies in Super Metroid get redder as they take damage, maybe that dark red/almost dead color could be an alt costume or color for Ridley.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
I knew once I saw the comment today activity in here would be great today. You guys certainly don't disappoint. Regardless of what ends up happening I really do hope Metroid as a series is represented well. We thought for a while that maybe Retro was going to bring us a new game. I mean I love DK but I was hoping it was a Metroid game they were working on.
I loved the original smash bros but it wasn't until melee that we started getting a chance to play as villains. Obviously it was a logical progression but it's something that for a lot of Nintendo series besides Mario and Kirby you don't see as much. I like the idea of more villains. For Metroid I always thought Ridley the next step representation wise. We essentially have Samus twice in different forms. As far as the design and making him work there are a lot of characters nobody could ever see in a fighting game that they have done a masterful job with.
Often I think some of the ludicrous arguments you get from people are because they don't like the amount of attention a character you support is getting over whatever character they support. That's why I usually try to stay out of the way arguing against a character. More often then not it's just opinion. Not really something I intend to change and they are entitled to it anyways. Support who you want. That's always part of the fun leading up to each game anyways. I think Ridley would be a great addition, not everyone agrees but hey they don't have to. ^_^

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
So unless someone suddenly post 100 japanese posts, we can disregard them.

*sigh* but then again, Midna also lied.

Also, here it's 1A,M. and I have to wake up for 8:30 A.M. so I'll catch up to whatever hapenned later.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So I was watching Shokio's reaction to the Nintendo Direct Video and I found this comment. I laughed.
The user's name is King K. Rool (ironically). I couldn't post all of it since it had a swear....
ugh.png

Idoits.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just as I expected. Check out some recent comments on Nin10doUltra's Ridley vid.

Nin10doUltra isn't using the "too big" argument at all anymore. Rather now, he's going to the "Ridley is a stage hazard" argument in an attempt to avoid admitting he was wrong.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Just as I expected. Check out some recent comments on Nin10doUltra's Ridley vid.

Nin10doUltra isn't using the "too big" argument at all anymore. Rather now, he's going to the "Ridley is a stage hazard" argument in an attempt to avoid admitting he was wrong.

He's so angry... it's a NEW CHARACTER, who the hell cares?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Some people just get so angry and serious over their opinions that they almost always refuse to give up on it. It's typical, but unfortunate. Seems like the only thing that will stop him from doing such things is an official Ridley confirmation.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

"HOW DARE RIDLEY FANS NOT MENTION LESSER METROID CHARACTERS AS WELL AS RIDLEY! WAAHHH!"

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This. This is what really bothers me about the anti-Ridley people. They're so angry all the time, always acting if Ridley in Smash is the stupidest idea they've ever heard, and treating anyone who things otherwise with complete disdain. That sort of behavior shouldn't exist, regardless of whether or not they're right.

andimidna

Smash Master

My response to 3:30

You guys better watch out...

Apparently this isn't really Bowser. I guess it's a fake.
Sakurai tricked us all. All along, we thought this was Bowser...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not sure, I haven't watched the video, but just looking at the comments tells me the guy is likely just a big troll.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This. This is what really bothers me about the anti-Ridley people. They're so angry all the time, always acting if Ridley in Smash is the stupidest idea they've ever heard, and treating anyone who things otherwise with complete disdain. That sort of behavior shouldn't exist, regardless of whether or not they're right.
This sort of behavior is unfortunately common in some parts of the internet in general. Opinions + anger problems + internet = angry haters.

How on Earth did the "too big" argument become as common as it is? Apparently it wound up becoming so common that some people decided anger and a few hints of insults would be the best way of spreading their word.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm not sure, I haven't watched the video, but just looking at the comments tells me the guy is likely just a big troll.
I don't know, I sort of got a "stuck up idiot" vibe from him.

You guys should also check out his response to his video. And his, er... "remedial classes."

andimidna

Smash Master
well it literally translates to hidoi, a word which can mean cruel hard, tough, or severe.

Japanese 101 ftw :shades:
So... the thought of Ridley in SSB4 made him hard?
Woah.
:troll:

It's so fun to pause the video at random moments and laugh at his over-exaggerated expressions.
Anywhere from 1:05 to 1:15 works :laugh:

EDIT: :o everybody come back! Comment more! I double posted... NUUUU! :c

Last edited by a moderator:

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Well, in a game where nothing makes sense to begin with, it's very important that this one specific character stays true to his exact dimensions from his source games. Otherwise the character is just ruined.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It's so fun to pause the video at random moments and laugh at his over-exaggerated expressions.
Anywhere from 1:05 to 1:15 works :laugh:

EDIT: :o everybody come back! Comment more! I double posted... NUUUU! :c
I want to see videos of him playing Smash. ;)

Ridley would still be 2 times as big as the Nintendog.
So he'd be the size of a small child, then.

That's rather unnerving in its own right. o_O

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I could see a picture similar to Monday's daily pic involving Ridley and Super Mushroom and/or perspective to make him look even larger. It would be a big **** you to those who thought he was too big at the very least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom