• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Hey guys look at the captain of sakurais picture

«This dog is huge... Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale.» 19.Feb.2014

That's the quote of today's picture does that end the war of hes too big once and for all
Nope they're just going to find a loophole in it and then call us stupid Ridley idiots !

At this point, even if Ridley is confirmed as a playable character, I would not be surprised if the too big argument is still going to be used against someone else in the future.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope they're just going to find a loophole in it and then call us stupid Ridley idiots !

At this point, even if Ridley is confirmed as a playable character, I would not be surprised if the too big argument is still going to be used against someone else in the future.
I know I thought I would give it a shot

But it's just the man himself said in a way he does not care how big or how little the characters are he will shrink or grow pokeball pokemon/assist trophys/stage elements/and characters to what ever size he wishes (never be the same size as be through the whole series)

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I know I thought I would give it a shot

But it's just the man himself said in a way he does not care how big or how little the characters are he will shrink or grow pokeball pokemon/assist trophys/stage elements/and characters to what ever size he wishes (never be the same size as be through the whole series)
I know, I know.
But we also all know how much the Too biggots lisen to Sakurai.

Sakurai : "If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have able to do it."
Too Biggots : Sakurai said that Ridley is too big to ever happen.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
When it comes to fanbases it kind of pointless to argue in the end. The fact of the matter is it doesn't really matter how much evidence you place in front of the type of people that make the type of comments like those of Shokio and other like. When you get people who are stubborn enough where they're displaying their discontent for an idea in a public arena, they will probably never backtrack it until it is 100% official and some may still not want to accept it, mostly because not wanting to admit being wrong about something.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I have no idea why people thought it did when we've had Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus running around at comparable sizes since the 64 game. Really the only thing that comes close to mattering is series-relative scale, and it seems like they're making Samus smaller and villains larger.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOSH GUYS DID YOU SEE TODAY'S CAPTION?! Nintendog's gigantic! :troll:

In all honesty, though, all these posts Sakurai has made about size not mattering (first Olimar and Kirby, now this....) are a little uncanny. It's refreshing for a Ridley fan to be reminded of how unimportant a game's perceived canon is in a party game like Smash.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Probably Deoxys. He's pretty big.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Honestly, I think it's about time that Ridley is revealed. I can see Ridley being revealed either on Super Metroid's anniversary or E3.
Super Metroid's anniversary is next month, isn't it? How would they reveal Ridley next month without a Nintendo Direct?

April would be a good opportunity for that, I think.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Super Metroid's anniversary is next month, isn't it? How would they reveal Ridley next month without a Nintendo Direct?

Yea I think that's better but E3 is the best time

I mean I doubt a direct will happen next month but we might get yoshi next month though (despite it not coming out in japan in March)

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652

I think it's Japan's anniversary is in March and North America's is in April. I agree, I think April would be more likely for a Nintendo Direct but just as Smashoperatingbuddy123 said, E3 will be the best time to reveal him.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
ridley.png

Ridley is huge... Wait, no, Samus is just small. The Smash Brothers series doesn't always stay true to scale.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
After I saw the potd i was like meh, then I saw Sakurai's comment smiled and proclaimed Ridley confirmed. I know it isn't definite, but he seems a lot more likely with all of these subliminal messages.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks Sakurai is just posting random thoughts and not building everything up to a Ridley reveal and we as his supporters instantly jump to "ohmyjeebleshementionedsizeridleyconfirmed".

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's more that it publicly state that size scale has little to do with a given situation.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I LOVE SAKURAI !!!

however .... I have bad news .... look at today pic's comments ( https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFvxcSrIQ ).... toobigots continue to say that he's too big and some of them say that we're annoy and stupid and that Masahiro is stupid if he will add Ridley ....
MIIVERSE IS FULL OF ******* PEOPLE LIKE THOSE TWO WHO BLOCKED ME FOR 2 WEEKS ONLY BECAUSE I SAID "HE'S NOT TOO BIG"
BUT WHEN I WILL COME BACK I WILL SUPPORT HIM MORE & BETTER

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Yeah that was already fairly common knowledge in general. If your expecting a decent debate in Miiverse your looking in the wrong place.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

I've seen it used on King K Rool for some strange reason.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
That, or some even bigger announcement. I dunno, something like a second third party character newcomer (Jesus that is a mouthful) like Simon Belmont or Pac Man. Who knows?
When i said Mewtwo i didnt just mean him..i meant i think he will be the big hype char at E3.

And controversal character: Mii & Probly Pacman or Palutena or even Chrom.

A mix up of those chars tbh but yh......we will see what happens hmmm...still alotta Vets need to be revealed too.....
Yoshi
Ness
Ice climbers....(-_-)

Atleast Ganondorf and Wario will be intresting my most hyped Vets ow and PKMN Trainer too if he returns them Vets will be fun.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Why would you want the "too big" argument to die? It gives meaning to our puny lives and swells the size of this thread, bringing it more attention! Imagine if everyone peacefully supported Ridley. I think it's pretty safe to say that this thread would be boring as a result. Being a brutal intelligent being is what makes Ridley who he is. This place should strive to reflect him as accurately as possible.

:troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As mentioned above, he's gotten quite a bit of a revival in recent years. He's the most wanted character to come back into Smash, he's very relevant as far as his series is concerned and Sakurai himself has acknowledged that "he's thinking about it." Granted, that doesn't necessarily translate to him being 100% in, but the odds are very well in his favor.
Even if he is in he cant tell us anyway you lot do know that right?

thats why he said that doing the questiom but he already knew the deal with Mewtwo before that fan asked him at E3 im a sure hes in as i was with Little Mac.

Also can someone please link me to the video when the fan asks him?
Tryna find it on youtube but cant....thanks

Hes defentely coming back.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I LOVE SAKURAI !!!

however .... I have bad news .... look at today pic's comments ( https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFvxcSrIQ ).... toobigots continue to say that he's too big and some of them say that we're annoy and stupid and that Masahiro is stupid if he will add Ridley ....
MIIVERSE IS FULL OF ******* PEOPLE LIKE THOSE TWO WHO BLOCKED ME FOR 2 WEEKS ONLY BECAUSE I SAID "HE'S NOT TOO BIG"
BUT WHEN I WILL COME BACK I WILL SUPPORT HIM MORE & BETTER
There's this "nick" guy who keeps on mocking Ridley supporters for legitimately thinking Ridley may have a bigger chance now.

Tch, what kind of dumb name is Nick anyway?

Oh wait.

That's my name too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You all should go check out the r/smashbros on Reddit. The Pic of the Day post is being bombarded by TooBigotry and TooBigot Enablers, and I'd appreciate some backup in the comments section.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Is there a pic with the models of all the pokémons in Smash Bros. side by side? I'm just curious to see their different sizes and if they correspond to the official heights in the games.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think the best way we could see Ridley in Smash, is by, for better or worse, using the Other M design.

This makes me want to puke. Although, the OM design kinda wants to make me puke as well, but his proportions are much more compact and less ganky looking. The only real major difference shown in the image above is that he's just been downsized a bit. Granted, there still might be problems with the long wings and tail, but his the actual body of his OM design doesn't translate nearly as bad as the SM design in a smaller form.
To be fair the problem with that image comes from the posture. Ridley hasn't stood entirely upright since the original NES Metroid, so of course this looks hideous. If his posture was more along the lines of Bowser's old one when using items, it'd be much better.

But I agree that the Super Metroid design is harder to work with. The main problem with it is the neck, making it look natural is very hard. Otherwise it's just about scaling proportions properly. The Other M design is easier to make work in general though.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I can't wait to see Ridley playable and toobigots' faces when it happen

Dinoman96

Smash Master
If you are thinking other m, I highly doubt that sakurai will use that design for ridley since other m is a bad game and he can save money by using his old design.
You do know one could of said the same exact thing about Samus, right?

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
If you are thinking other m, I highly doubt that sakurai will use that design for ridley since other m is a bad game and he can save money by using his old design.
I think Ridley's Other M design may be used and to be honest, I don't mind what design is used as long as Ridley is in the game. By the looks of it, the Other M model looks easier to work as mentioned before in the thread and if Sakurai really cared about people's opinions on Other M and thought it was that bad of a game, Samus' design wouldn't be based on Other M.

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Even if he is in he cant tell us anyway you lot do know that right?

thats why he said that doing the questiom but he already knew the deal with Mewtwo before that fan asked him at E3 im a sure hes in as i was with Little Mac.

Also can someone please link me to the video when the fan asks him?
Tryna find it on youtube but cant....thanks

Hes defentely coming back.
There is no video as far as I know. A reporter from Nintendo World Report asked him during E3. You'll have to do a little digging or google Sakurai considers Mewtwo Nintendoworldreport.

Top Bottom