• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
That, or some even bigger announcement. I dunno, something like a second third party character newcomer (Jesus that is a mouthful) like Simon Belmont or Pac Man. Who knows?
I am pretty sure Simon Belmont and Pac Man are smaller than-

.. Oh. Not what you meant? Nevermind, sorry. :p

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm fine with Super and Other Ridley. Just no Octopus-Face Original Ridley, please.

I'm pretty sure, though, that if Ridley is revealed in a Direct, the PotD will have no relevance, as it always does.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Considering that it was at e3 where Mewtwo was asked for Smash, and not Ridley. I can see Mewtwo being revealed for e3. That or a third party character, if there will be a third one anyway. Hell, if Ridley was in the game, he could be a secret character.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
At this point, I'm fine with Super and Other Ridley. Just no Octopus-Face Original Ridley, please.

I'm pretty sure, though, that if Ridley is revealed in a Direct, the PotD will have no relevance, as it always does.
Your avatar... it reminds of how awesome that movie was.

But yeah, good point.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I have a question.....not that i have something against Mewtwo or anything....but, why would you think that they are going to bring him back????

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have a question.....not that i have something against Mewtwo or anything....but, why would you think that they are going to bring him back????
Most would say it has to do with Sakurai saying that "they're thinking about it" when asked about Mewtwo coming back. Though personally, I can't say for sure that he's coming back. For all we know, he could be a lower priority character again. But that's a different debate.

D

Deleted member

Just, we can't get too hyped because we can't expect a reveal until E3, it will happen!! They won't reveal the most hyped character randomly, and if they don't reveal him then all our hopes will be crushed. But then they will save him for the final character reveal close to the games release for the hype.

Final Smash!?!?
It would only work as a cutscene FS ala C. Falcon.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh, well, as Pokemon is my area of expertise, I can safely say that Mewtwo has a very good chance of returning this time around. To keep things simple, Mewtwo is likely to return due to very recent relevancy he's received, being one of the poster boys for the most recent games and a major mechanic introduced, as well as being an already incredibly popular pokemon and probably THE most requested Smash character.

He basically has everything going for him at this point.

But this is a little off topic, isn't it?

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
He wasn't replaced for Lucario if that's what you are thinking. Mewtwo was planned and/or considered for every Smash to date including this one, he has an extremely good chance of making it back. If not for Sonic chances are Mewtwo would have been back no problem.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
Am kind of a big fan of the series, but I never got Soul Calibur V for... a number of reasons, though heard the good things about the customizations as far as how well a step-up it was from the previous games. That said, having a Ridley-like customization like that surprises me (in a good way), and I thought my collection of customized angels from SCIV was good...
V was only okay for me. It was rushed and the story was crap. But the charcter customization was much more stripped down and comprehensive. In IV you have a bunch of fancy historical clothes and armor with designs, in V you get plain clothes like t-shirts and you add the designs, as well as many layers and other accessories. I honestly liked IV better cause it was simple, and I have a bunch of Mario and Nintendo chracters looking like badass SC knights and stuff.

I think it has to do with his relevance to the series now. Pokemon moves ever forward, so once that aren't recurring or iconic tend to be forgotten. Lucario was far more relevant to Mewtwo around Brawl's and for some reason they thought that was enough to replace him. Now both Mewtwo and Lucario are mildly relevant in Gen VI with X and Y, Lucario being important in the story with his connection to Mega Evolution, and Mewtwo being the first revealed Mega and getting a movie. I think it'd be neat to see him come back.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As mentioned above, he's gotten quite a bit of a revival in recent years. He's the most wanted character to come back into Smash, he's very relevant as far as his series is concerned and Sakurai himself has acknowledged that "he's thinking about it." Granted, that doesn't necessarily translate to him being 100% in, but the odds are very well in his favor.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:3 Thank you for all the answers......it would be a nice idea to bring him back.....Ridley is my top priority...... :) but is just that i had that little doubt...

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this thread is Too BIG...
Ridley is my most wanted newcomer, so I fully support.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Ground vs Flying, eh?

Just Perfect.

I agree with the general consensus that if Ridley it playable, he needs to be somewhat of an anti-thesis to Mac: Amazing in the air and have awesome air mobility, and awkward/terrible on the ground.

Just, we can't get too hyped because we can't expect a reveal until E3, it will happen!! They won't reveal the most hyped character randomly, and if they don't reveal him then all our hopes will be crushed. But then they will save him for the final character reveal close to the games release for the hype.

Final Smash!?!?
Always saw that move as either a special command ground or Grab-Down, where he will drag the opponent across the floor (as opposed to dragging them on the wall).
beside all this story nonsense - who wouldn't want to play as a skinny purple space dragon that breathes plasma? seriously i don't get people like shokio; infact i don't get shokio at all. i saw only one video of him and in that he was making fun of other people's miiverse drawings. who does that? that's sad man. everyone knows miiverse is filled with 6 year old kids. and so what if want a character you don't like or want is smash bros? seriously i think it's more important to look at who deserves to be in smash bros rather than '' hey i don't like waddle dee so waddle won't be in the game and anyone who tells me the different is ****ing nothing in my eyes'' it's just a ****ing game btw
The strange thing with Shokio is that I've seen many of his videos, and oddly enough he's probably one of the more rational Nintendo fans out there who doesn't let his fanboyism skew his views on gaming as a whole, and yet there are certain areas where he just goes complete nuts (pretty much anything Smash Bros related, specifically Ridley). So yeah, I don't get him either, since he isn't completely stupid, just sorely misguided in some of his arguments.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Nintendog confirmed to be too big for Smash.
Seriously though why can a regular ever day puppy be resized to be giant, but a fictional creature can't be resized to be smaller?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Nintendog confirmed to be too big for Smash.
Seriously though why can a regular ever day puppy be resized to be giant, but a fictional creature can't be resized to be smaller?
Giant Nintendogs in the new Metroid game. Make it happen, Retro.

EDIT:

Guys, the caption for the Nintendogs pic came out:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFvxcSrIQ

Sakurai: "Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."

I leave you all to ponder the very tantalizing implication of these choice words.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
"Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."

Ridley is not too big.
Ridley confirmed.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Giant Nintendogs in the new Metroid game. Make it happen, Retro.

EDIT:

Guys, the caption for the Nintendogs pic came out:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFvxcSrIQ

Sakurai: "Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."

I leave you all to ponder the very tantalizing implication of these choice words.
oh god its happening!!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So can we go back to talking about holes and hitboxes now that the crazies are gone?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Doesn't matter.

GameFAQs Trolls: Sakurai said Smash doesn't always stay true to scale, which means that usually, it does!! Ridley has NO CHANCE.

Shokio: Nintendog Beagle is a frickin' DOG. Dogs come in all shapes and sizes! Dog Anatomy 101, y'all.

Ultra: F*** you f*****s!!!!!!!!! *twitches*

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I just feel like he hints WAY too much to be trolling...

After being a Mac fan and having to argue that ring stage was Mac's (which now it IS) I have to say it's going to be such a relief to not have to ARGUE with the Nay-Sayers about his size and being a stage hazard when Ridley finally gets confirmed. It's been a relief for Mac fans and I can just tell the same things going to happen for the Ridley fans.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So now I am expecting Ridley to be revealed in two months. Please don't disappoint us, mister sakuri!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
When I first played SBB as a child, I had no idea who Samus, Ness, or Captain Falcon were.

Also, I first played SSB as a child.

So now I am expecting Ridley to be revealed in two months. Please don't disappoint us, mister sakuri!
This might be straying into heresy, but I find that Ridley might be too big for a mere Nintendo Direct.

He deserves spotlight at E3, even if we'll have to wait longer for it. ;)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This might be straying into heresy, but I find that Ridley might be too big for a mere Nintendo Direct.

He deserves spotlight at E3, even if we'll have to wait longer for it. ;)
I certainly agree, but... four months of waiting, though. :sadeyes:

D

Deleted member

....he's seriously trolling at this point.

As far as I'm concerned, Ridley's yet to be confirmed.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley's trailer has the character coming in large, stopped, scaled down with the tool, and then given a thumbs up.

Top Bottom