• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Ridley VS Little Mac
the best in the air VS the best on the ground
the worst on the ground VS the worst in the air
the big one VS the little one
the west most wanted character VS the west second most wanted character

this mach must exist :colorful:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but... Little Mac's confirmation and play style has got me pretty hyped for Ridley. Little Mac is a character who's unique in that he is incredibly powerful on the ground, but very weak in the air.

Ridley could possibly be Little Mac's counterpart, where he is amazing in the air but weak on the ground. On the ground, he receives lightweight knockback, but in the air, he has super armour and is hard to K.O. His aerial moves are strong compared to his tilts.

Just my thoughts. If Sakurai spent time making a ground based fighter, Ridley seems the logical choice for an aerial fighter.

A new rivalry is born?

Little Mac vs. Ridley.
Ridley is secretly Dragon Chan from Super Punch Out.

Ridley Chan.png

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
hi guys,

i've just joined here, but been lurking around on these forums for a while now. i'm a huge ridley supporter and he's my number one requested character for this installment of smash ( followed by the likes of takamaru on #2 and spear waddle dee on #3 ) i think ridley should have been in smash since melee, and when i was younger i used to believe he was unlockable even though the roster was complete, just because he was so detailed in the intro movie.

ridley really is one of my most favorite fictional villains. what i love about him is how much he stands out from the rest of the nintendo baddies. i mean bowser is pretty much a comical villain at this point as the mario series don't have much debt usually ( story wise ). ganon on the other hand is a righteous villain, thinking what he does is right for him and his people, claiming what he thinks belongs to him. i also really love the direction of the never ending cycle the went with skyward sword, meaning as long there's evil, the goddess and the hero will be reborn. ( you can say there's a similarly connection in metroid ) now king dedede isn't much of a villain at all anymore, and more of a jealous rival who eventually helps kirby fight some ****ed up critter that looks like an afterbirth with one eye.

that brings me to my favorite three villains from nintendo; haydes, giygas and ridley.
haydes is easy, he's just awesome. i'm glad he's been created only two years ago because of the characteristics they've giving him. i'm sure nintendo weren't able to pull that kind of personality back in the nes days. nintendo seem to have a thing for creating flamboyant villains nowadays ( ghirahim, yuga and even king croacus )

giygas is the most controversial villain - if not most controversial creation from nintendo. while the first mother plays like a novel, mother 2/earthbound plays like a psychedelic trip. and giygas is the part where your trip turns bad. oustanding for a nintendo game.

anyways that brings me to ridley, one of the last of the nintendo allstar casts that has yet to be playable
why do i love ridley so much? because he's none of the above. he's crazy, ****ing insane. and he's even intelligent with it. metroid has been known for one of the more darker nintendo franchises for the beginning, infact it was partly created with that purpose, and ridley fulfills his role in it. he's never your real enemy, just a reminder of what you are, what you've become and what you are doing.

i for one - loved the little birdie evolution of ridley. it payed homage to the alien series once again - and not only that, it was also nod to nintendo's other franchise pokémon.
and even it reminded me of gremlins ( especially little birdie to derpy woolly lizard adolescent ridley )
the rest from other m was still pretty terrible yeah. but while the game was mostly a train wreck, it gave ridley a lot more personality in-game ( he has enough personality in the manga i believe so ). and that infamous scenario everyone hates from other m - might just improved if not created the path for ridley to smash bros.

beside all this story nonsense - who wouldn't want to play as a skinny purple space dragon that breathes plasma? seriously i don't get people like shokio; infact i don't get shokio at all. i saw only one video of him and in that he was making fun of other people's miiverse drawings. who does that? that's sad man. everyone knows miiverse is filled with 6 year old kids. and so what if want a character you don't like or want is smash bros? seriously i think it's more important to look at who deserves to be in smash bros rather than '' hey i don't like waddle dee so waddle won't be in the game and anyone who tells me the different is ****ing nothing in my eyes'' it's just a ****ing game btw

x
Welcome aboard, rookie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter! Good start!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
hi guys,

i've just joined here, but been lurking around on these forums for a while now. i'm a huge ridley supporter and he's my number one requested character for this installment of smash ( followed by the likes of takamaru on #2 and spear waddle dee on #3 ) i think ridley should have been in smash since melee, and when i was younger i used to believe he was unlockable even though the roster was complete, just because he was so detailed in the intro movie.

ridley really is one of my most favorite fictional villains. what i love about him is how much he stands out from the rest of the nintendo baddies. i mean bowser is pretty much a comical villain at this point as the mario series don't have much debt usually ( story wise ). ganon on the other hand is a righteous villain, thinking what he does is right for him and his people, claiming what he thinks belongs to him. i also really love the direction of the never ending cycle the went with skyward sword, meaning as long there's evil, the goddess and the hero will be reborn. ( you can say there's a similarly connection in metroid ) now king dedede isn't much of a villain at all anymore, and more of a jealous rival who eventually helps kirby fight some ****ed up critter that looks like an afterbirth with one eye.

that brings me to my favorite three villains from nintendo; haydes, giygas and ridley.
haydes is easy, he's just awesome. i'm glad he's been created only two years ago because of the characteristics they've giving him. i'm sure nintendo weren't able to pull that kind of personality back in the nes days. nintendo seem to have a thing for creating flamboyant villains nowadays ( ghirahim, yuga and even king croacus )

giygas is the most controversial villain - if not most controversial creation from nintendo. while the first mother plays like a novel, mother 2/earthbound plays like a psychedelic trip. and giygas is the part where your trip turns bad. oustanding for a nintendo game.

anyways that brings me to ridley, one of the last of the nintendo allstar casts that has yet to be playable
why do i love ridley so much? because he's none of the above. he's crazy, ****ing insane. and he's even intelligent with it. metroid has been known for one of the more darker nintendo franchises for the beginning, infact it was partly created with that purpose, and ridley fulfills his role in it. he's never your real enemy, just a reminder of what you are, what you've become and what you are doing.

i for one - loved the little birdie evolution of ridley. it payed homage to the alien series once again - and not only that, it was also nod to nintendo's other franchise pokémon.
and even it reminded me of gremlins ( especially little birdie to derpy woolly lizard adolescent ridley )
the rest from other m was still pretty terrible yeah. but while the game was mostly a train wreck, it gave ridley a lot more personality in-game ( he has enough personality in the manga i believe so ). and that infamous scenario everyone hates from other m - might just improved if not created the path for ridley to smash bros.

beside all this story nonsense - who wouldn't want to play as a skinny purple space dragon that breathes plasma? seriously i don't get people like shokio; infact i don't get shokio at all. i saw only one video of him and in that he was making fun of other people's miiverse drawings. who does that? that's sad man. everyone knows miiverse is filled with 6 year old kids. and so what if want a character you don't like or want is smash bros? seriously i think it's more important to look at who deserves to be in smash bros rather than '' hey i don't like waddle dee so waddle won't be in the game and anyone who tells me the different is ****ing nothing in my eyes'' it's just a ****ing game btw

x
Welcome.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
This is slowly becoming more of a Ridley art thread, but my good lord I forgot I made these. Anyone familiar with Soul Calibur's character customization?

Am kind of a big fan of the series, but I never got Soul Calibur V for... a number of reasons, though heard the good things about the customizations as far as how well a step-up it was from the previous games. That said, having a Ridley-like customization like that surprises me (in a good way), and I thought my collection of customized angels from SCIV was good...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
c: I know he is! i have seen his work with those models way before i decided to create an account here...... :D

Oh, and like i said before......MORE RIDLEY!

View attachment 8705
Wow........................that looks Insane...
Prime 1 Meta Ridley !

Super Metroid Playable Ridley on Wii U stages...
Oww..........my.....its soo glorious...

Why..ow.....why...

Please...

crying-waterfalls.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I think that Ridley only looks really big here because on one side we have the biggest character of the game and on the other side one of the smallest.

I'm running out of words to tell how awesome Angelglory's pics are =(

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Dayum, Ridley, baby, you look astonishing with that pink shading! :awesome:

View attachment 8722
You know, looking at this, it actually makes me want Ridley to have more vibrant purple and pink in his design. One thing that stops me from hating Other Ridley is this. I kinda like the irony (at least for europeans and americans) that this intelligent badass evil being has the top two colors used in a girl's bedroom as his skin, the thing is that you don't notice it, because Ridley is that cool.

I'm sort of tired of HEY IT'S A VILLAIN HE MUST HAVE RED EYES BLACK CLOTHES BE MUSCULAR UGLY AND HE PROBABLY ALSO HAS A BIGGER ****, but Nintendo villains are really original, even though Ganondorf is pretty much all I said above (...including the bigger ****...), but his actual form is a pig-like monster.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ridley seems to be the most wanted newcomer, from what I have seen on here, YouTube, and other sites. For that reason alone I support him being added to the roster, it will just make a lot of people happy. Also, the Metroid franchise could use a little more attention in Smash. Also like many others I don't think size is an issue, they could scale him down like they did Bowser. Idk this thread is so popular I figured I'd give my opinion too. :cool:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Now I'm not huge on the Metroid Series, but I can see why people want Ridley playable.
Metroid has been needing a second playable person in Smash for a long time, I'll support im.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
So many new suporters, and it's nice to know that people don't have to be familiar with Ridley to like him :D .
That's what happened to me, I hadn't played a metroid game before supporting him. (I have now)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So many new suporters, and it's nice to know that people don't have to be familiar with Ridley to like him :D .
That's what happened to me, I hadn't played a metroid game before supporting him. (I have now)
That's totally fine. I've only played the Prime trilogy myself. You could not even know what Smash is and still support Ridley's inclusion.

That might be a tad difficult, true, but we accommodate people of all beaksstripes in these parts. :)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Indeed @ Mypantisgone Mypantisgone I have never played a Metroid game and support Ridley. Seeing as Samus was in Smash 64 and only had her zero suit as a second character for her series (in Brawl), I do think Metroid should have more attention in Smash 4 by including Ridley on the roster.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It's time- the new Nintendo Direct has just started! Iwata does his usual "Directly to you" motion and tells us to "please have a look" at a new trailer. We see the familiar glint exploding into flames that form the Smash icon. Suddenly, hype. We see Samus and Pikachu fighting on the Pyrosphere stage and the camera seems to be moving towards the background. The camera stops moving at one of the holes in the walls. In the darkness, two glowing yellow orbs appear. A screeching is heard and Pikachu and Samus look over towards the hole. A familiar purple beast flies out and strikes a pose- RIDLEY SOARS IN!

A round 2 of sorts from Subspace would be the perfect way to make his entrance video. Who else agrees?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, people are clamoring that when the Year of Luigi is over, it'll be about the Year of Samus.

Forget that. I want the Year of Ridley!

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
About my pictures, Ridley is the same size he is in my size comparison and Little Mac's height is unaltered from his assist trophy, which is Mario's height.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About my pictures, Ridley is the same size he is in my size comparison and Little Mac's height is unaltered from his assist trophy, which is Mario's height.
Nice contrast. This was exactly what I had in mind in regards to the two.

I think a fight scene depicting Ridley, Little Mac, and a few others of varying sizes (Samus included) would help Ridley "fit" so to speak in people's minds. Even though Mac and Ridley in the images are perfect sizes, the fact Mac is so small and Ridley is a lot bigger in comparison might give a "too big" stigma out of context.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Wow........................that looks Insane...
Prime 1 Meta Ridley !
I knew you were going to like it xD

Oh, and can someone help me to find a way so that im able to use this little gif i created as a signature? i dont know if the size is appropriate.....

Capture_20131227 (2).gif

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It looks perfect, except he's a tad too big and would get ganged up on so easily, a little smaller and this would be perfection.
Actually, it's not that Ridley's too big, it's that Little Mac is so unusually small. Look at a picture of Little Mac punching Mega Man the Smash site uploaded recently to get a better idea.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know, looking at this, it actually makes me want Ridley to have more vibrant purple and pink in his design. One thing that stops me from hating Other Ridley is this. I kinda like the irony (at least for europeans and americans) that this intelligent badass evil being has the top two colors used in a girl's bedroom as his skin, the thing is that you don't notice it, because Ridley is that cool.

I'm sort of tired of HEY IT'S A VILLAIN HE MUST HAVE RED EYES BLACK CLOTHES BE MUSCULAR UGLY AND HE PROBABLY ALSO HAS A BIGGER ****, but Nintendo villains are really original, even though Ganondorf is pretty much all I said above (...including the bigger ****...), but his actual form is a pig-like monster.
But I like the red eyes & black clothes kind of villain trend D:, depending on the character. See where you're coming from though; Ridley's one of few types that will look cool enough regardless of whatever eye color and the like he has, of course.

I knew you were going to like it xD

Oh, and can someone help me to find a way so that im able to use this little gif i created as a signature? i dont know if the size is appropriate.....

View attachment 8778
Uh, I think the size of that is fine.

AndreaAC

But I like the red eyes & black clothes kind of villain trend D:, depending on the character. See where you're coming from though; Ridley's one of few types that will look cool enough regardless of whatever eye color and the like he has, of course.

Uh, I think the size of that is fine.
:) yay! but, i do not know how i can use it as a signature, i made it with one video i took with my laptop.....thats why it has a really low quality....

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I could tell. I've made gif's like that on my laptop before too (none of Ridley though), where the image quality was meh. Anyway, you need to upload the image on photobucket, imageshack, or some image hosting site, copy the link, and paste it when you click on the little picture icon that's next to the smilies, where it'll ask you to insert a URL.

PM if you have further questions or something if necessary.

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
Welcome aboard, rookie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter! Good start!
you know who i am don't you babe.

also those ridley edited in battle images are amazing. yet another great example how easily he could fit with the rest of the cast.

Going against Ridley boxing is quite badass actually...
ridley for the final boss of punch out wii u

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, I could tell. I've made gif's like that on my laptop before too (none of Ridley though), where the image quality was meh. Anyway, you need to upload the image on photobucket, imageshack, or some image hosting site, copy the link, and paste it when you click on the little picture icon that's next to the smilies, where it'll ask you to insert a URL.

PM if you have further questions or something if necessary.
:) Thank you so much! it worked :3

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It's time- the new Nintendo Direct has just started! Iwata does his usual "Directly to you" motion and tells us to "please have a look" at a new trailer. We see the familiar glint exploding into flames that form the Smash icon. Suddenly, hype. We see Samus and Pikachu fighting on the Pyrosphere stage and the camera seems to be moving towards the background. The camera stops moving at one of the holes in the walls. In the darkness, two glowing yellow orbs appear. A screeching is heard and Pikachu and Samus look over towards the hole. A familiar purple beast flies out and strikes a pose- RIDLEY SOARS IN!

A round 2 of sorts from Subspace would be the perfect way to make his entrance video. Who else agrees?
I like this a lot.

I think I want something along the lines of Sakurai showing a picture that suggests Ridley is a stage hazard and then revealing him as the newcomer at the next direct, destroying people's hopes and dreams and then reviving them. It could work like that stage in Injustice: Gods Among Us where Doomsday is a hazard, but disappears from the background if you play as Doomsday on the stage. This would be the ultimate troll. And it's honestly what I would do if I were Sakurai.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Just, we can't get too hyped because we can't expect a reveal until E3, it will happen!! They won't reveal the most hyped character randomly, and if they don't reveal him then all our hopes will be crushed. But then they will save him for the final character reveal close to the games release for the hype.

Final Smash!?!?

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The more i see Roidley, the more i'm okay with the design. I never thought i'd say that...

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Tbh i see Mewtwo being revealed at E3 most likely.

Although it could be Ridley but i think Mewtwo.
If i had to guess they will reveal several newcomers just like last year's E3, one of which could be Ridley...

Edit: sorry guys i have bad internet and i thought it didn't post.

Top Bottom