• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Because he created said hole in Other M? From the looks of things, the Pyrosphere has already experienced the battle between Samus and Ridley. That hole was made by him when he realized just how dangerous Samus can be and used it to escape from the area.
Right idea, wrong hole (the one pictured). This is the hole Ridley made:

And of course the detailed/infamous one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Right idea, wrong hole (the one pictured). This is the hole Ridley made:

And of course the detailed/infamous one.

Closer inspection on those two images made me conclude that the holes are the same one, as the shape is exactly the same. In other words, the second picture is actually a very zoomed in picture of the hole seen far away on the stage.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What I meant was the hole I posted/that Ridley made in the games is different than the one in the original Pyrosphere pic (the one that is "shaped like Ridley's head")

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like to think that if Ridley is, in fact, a stage hazard on Pyrosphere, it would have been revealed already.

What I meant was the hole I posted/that Ridley made in the games is different than the one in the original Pyrosphere pic (the one that is "shaped like Ridley's head")
I see. My mistake.

Still, the two pictures you showed show the same hole.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Sakurai isn't so much of a troll, he knows that Ridley is a popular character in the West but he knows, too, that Toad is popular all around everywhere, and he showed Toad immediately and immediately dashed Toad's chances. If Ridley was a stage hazard, he would have been seen already, bar none, and there's no excuse to keep the fans going on like this if he is. Now, whether that means Ridley is a playable character, is anybody's guess, but he is most-definitely not a stage hazard, at the very least.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
HEY ANGELGLORY! IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD I HAVE A REQUEST

The concept of Snake riding Ridley as a playable character has been brought up, so I am currently requesting to see this done.

Unless somebody else wants to take this challenge. I expect only perfection with this.

EDIT: For it to be acceptable, it needs to be the Brawl models for both Snake and Ridley.

However, if you do either of:

1) Make Snake "Old Snake"
2) Switch Snake and Ridley's heads, or just their bodies in general

There will be many lulz that day

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't know wh y no one is worried, the purple thing looks nothing like the lighting effect you all are talking about, and looks a little like other m ridleys tail.

Attachments

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
*wanders into thread* Gee willikers, it sure it a lovely day to be a Ridley fa--

HEY ANGELGLORY! IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD I HAVE A REQUEST

The concept of Snake riding Ridley as a playable character has been brought up, so I am currently requesting to see this done.

Unless somebody else wants to take this challenge. I expect only perfection with this.

EDIT: For it to be acceptable, it needs to be the Brawl models for both Snake and Ridley.

However, if you do either of:

1) Make Snake "Old Snake"
2) Switch Snake and Ridley's heads, or just their bodies in general

There will be many lulz that day

NO ONE DISTURB ME, MY ARTISTIC JELLO IS BOUNCING

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Reposting here because relevant
that moment when you said this last night

and then you notice the purple talon and tail the next day
You can deny it if you want, but there is something Purple with a talon and tail behind Dedede's hammer and the launch effect. For a character that was considered "impossible" to make, he certainly seems very small. I wonder if it isn't Ridley, but the Mystery Creature.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

You can deny it if you want, but there is something Purple with a talon and tail behind Dedede's hammer and the launch effect. For a character that was considered "impossible" to make, he certainly seems very small. I wonder if it isn't Ridley, but the Mystery Creature.
Holy crap! The hole! The hole!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looked kind of like the lighting effect on Dedede's Smash attack. In fact I'm fairly certain that's the case. But then again, I tend to avoid looking too deep into these things. It'll only make you more worried than one needs to be.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

"Goes to check the unedited Dojo pic"

Thought I gave up on liking Ridley after the Smash 4 forum came into being with the hundreds of new people, but this pic brought back some emotions that I guess were too "big" to keep in the back of my mind.

I don't want to say this de-confirms him due to Conductor Link/Mystery Creature/Sakurai obviously trying to hide something from us, but it's on the tip of my tongue.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
That's not Ridley.

That bit by Dedede's arm is not his tail - that's where Dedede's red arm ends and the contours in the wall begin. You can see that clearly if you look closely enough.

And that purple "talon" is in a position where Ridley would (ironically) have to be far too small to be obscured by Dedede's attack effects. It's just a blue light obscured by the red of the effect.

Also, 100 posts! Took me a while, but I got there eventually.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Ladies and gentlemen...

Isn't it majestic?

B-But wait, what's this?!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Holy crap! The hole! The hole!
Spooky hole.
Looked kind of like the lighting effect on Dedede's Smash attack. In fact I'm fairly certain that's the case. But then again, I tend to avoid looking too deep into these things. It'll only make you more worried than one needs to be.
Well that's your opinion, but I truly believe that something purple is back there, watching. Learning.
Obsessed with cracks, holes and attack effects.
must be added to the title of the topic
"Goes to check the unedited Dojo pic"

Thought I gave up on liking Ridley after the Smash 4 forum came into being with the hundreds of new people, but this pic brought back some emotions that I guess were too "big" to keep in the back of my mind.

I don't want to say this de-confirms him due to Conductor Link/Mystery Creature/Sakurai obviously trying to hide something from us, but it's on the tip of my tongue.
I agree, he's held out this for a long time for him to just hint at Ridley today. Judging from the size, I think it's the Mystery Creature. I mean if Ridley was deemed "impossible to make" and was to be a stage hazard, why not make him gigantic then?

There needs to be more to this than just something purple being behind that launch effect.
That's not Ridley.

That bit by Dedede's arm is not his tail - that's where Dedede's red arm ends and the contours in the wall begin. You can see that clearly if you look closely enough.

And that purple "talon" is in a position where Ridley would (ironically) have to be far too small to be obscured by Dedede's attack effects. It's just a blue light obscured by the red of the effect.

Also, 100 posts! Took me a while, but I got there eventually.
I can agree with your notion on the tail, but the talon undoubtedly exists. As I mentioned before, it could belong to the Mystery Creature. But this means a lot more to Ridley's chances as a playable character than the holes and cracks ever did.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Next we'll get a pic of the Mystery Creature on Pyrosphere and everyone will be flipping out saying it either deconfirms him or confirms him because of conductor Link.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Ridley's Side Special had him thrust forward like Ike then grab the character like ganondorf then flip like Bowser and then scrape you across the ground I would use the **** out of that move!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ladies and gentlemen...

Isn't it majestic?

B-But wait, what's this?!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Only thing that's truly confirmed is that the Ridley fanbase likes Sugar.

:colorful:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm 99% sure that isn't Ridley. The area in question that is supposed to be his claw is a lighting affect. Also, Other M Ridley has purple monkey hands, not white claws.

I literally see nothing where the tail is supposed to be.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait a minute

What if it's the mystery creature (I know ridley and that are the same) but I feel that thing could be the hazard but ridley can still be playable (in my opinion)

(But really I think its nothing and I don't think its Ridleys talon his talons are more red than white and it's too short)

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Let's take this picture speculation out into the street and shoot it please. There is no one else in that pic but Dedede, Marth, and Toon Link. As already said, it's the effects of Dedede's hammer attack altering the color of the background wall. Instead of staring at the pixels of a heavily blown up image, take a better look at the whole image to see that it matches up perfectly with the rest of the background.

Heck, even looking at the blown up image, the pixels in question are perfectly parallel with the background.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It's an effect. Anyone who thinks that's a Ridley is an idiot.
If you legitimately do not notice the purple talon you're as --- put it, visually impaired.

Whether it is Ridley or not is unknown (but I do think it has to do with Ridley somehow...), but what I am sure of is that it is there and that I'm not blind or an idiot thank you.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If you legitimately do not notice the purple talon you're as --- put it, visually impaired.

Whether it is Ridley or not has yet to be determined, but I can be sure that it is there and that I'm not blind or an idiot thank you.
Look! Ridley's in this picture!

This one, too!

Neither of the circled things in the picture look like pieces of Ridley. Nor do they match the proportions of Ridley, unless, he's literally a single claw with a tail disjointedly attached to him. They're the lightning effects as seen in the above two pictures. Sakurai has no reason to use a picture with an unconfirmed feature. He's not a YouTuber, he's not going to awkwardly hide a huge game-changer behind an effect.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
It's the lightning behind the red effect, making it look purpley-ish. Contrary to popular belief, Sakurai isn't a "troll". He isn't toying with the Ridley fanbase. That being said, I'm pretty sure I see Slenderman in the hole of today's picture.

Top Bottom