• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

nessokman

Smash Lord
Rosalina, a minor character in galaxy and a racer in MK, confirmed. Still no Ridley. Sorry boys and girls, I don't think it's going to happen.

image.jpg

I leave you this key blade in hopes that you can unlock the path to smash enlightenment.

May Kojima guide you as he has I, I will see you there.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh my, so because Rosalina is a minor character all big timers are deconfirmed. R.I.P K. Rool, Little Mac, Palutena, Chrom, Pac-Man, Mii, etc. Thanks for the key though.

Either way, the trolls sure are running rampant today.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
This thread now..

And I had such hopes for that Ridleyfighter fella at first too.

Like that Meta-Ridley avi of yours though, Welshy. Pretty fresh compared to the ones you usually see.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Rosalina helps Ridleys case. If Sakurai was willing to basically make the dumpy little Luma a playable character with his non-existant limbs then what's to say he can't do the opposite?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Oh my, so because Rosalina is a minor character all big timers are deconfirmed. R.I.P K. Rool, Little Mac, Palutena, Chrom, Pac-Man, Mii, etc. Thanks for the key though.

Either way, the trolls sure are running rampant today.
Yep. You see, old sport, the fAct that they put in an extremely minor character form a spinoff of mario before they even speak of a playable Ridley is kind if sad.

The main argument against this is that Rosalina is a tad bit more recent than Ridley. The fact that she was in mk7 (2011) and 3d world (2013) as well as mk8 (2014), she's been in rapid fire games, as well as being extremely popular. It may have been her as a reveal because they want to hype up games with her in them.

Her recent appearances make here a little more recent and relavant, though relevant May no have been the best choice of a word. They will if course do characters who have been in games recently. Ridley being older games, most recent of which was other M (2010)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh yea right. Because it's always about the newest characters. Your argument makes no sense.

You want to know why Ridley hasn't been announced yet? Mega hype, you know, the reason why Sakurai spaces things out. If he announced K.Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo all at the same time, it would be overkill. He has to space things out accordingly.

Bad troll is bad.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Only a desperate troll continues after being called out. Or you're just nuts. Or both.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I didn't even notice that. The fact that he refers to Rosalina as an "extremely minor" Mario character means he either has no idea what he's talking about, or is just trolling (which he's pretty bad at).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Fun thing is that the Mega Man series has been on a break since 2010 too iirc. Not to mention Villager's design is from a 2008 game. And don't even get me started on Brawl.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
When Watching Rosalinas reveal i kept watching for Ridley but didin't see him, i think hes more or less confirmed by now there just holding off on showing him till a later date.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No...

Farther...

Platinum Games trolling... :evil:

Kamiya: "**** Star Fox because of annoying Star Fox idiots like you!" :mad:

Fanboys: "But what are we going to get from you on the Wii U, Kamiya-san?" :(

Kamiya: "Instead, play as a forgotten samurai in the upcoming revival game Return to the Murasame Castle." :troll:

Fanboys: "..........." :urg:

majora_787

Smash Hero
When Watching Rosalinas reveal i kept watching for Ridley but didin't see him, i think hes more or less confirmed by now there just holding off on showing him till a later date.
Well I wouldn't say confirmed yet, but Sakurai isn't ripping off Dead or Alive and making him a stage hazard at the very least. Which is good on Sakurai's part AND good for Ridley.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I didn't even notice that. The fact that he refers to Rosalina as an "extremely minor" Mario character means he either has no idea what he's talking about, or is just trolling (which he's pretty bad at).
She IS a minor character in almost everything she's been in.Not to say she is bad, she's one of the few mario characters with a legitimate backstory.

Oh yea right. Because it's always about the newest characters. Your argument makes no sense.

You want to know why Ridley hasn't been announced yet? Mega hype, you know, the reason why Sakurai spaces things out. If he announced K.Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo all at the same time, it would be overkill. He has to space things out accordingly.

Bad troll is bad.
So the fact that she's been in so many games over the course of the last 3 years is not at all relevant? Are you mentally deficient? She isn't THAT new, starting in galaxy. She is popular, and she is making appearances left and right, don't you dare try to say that that doesn't have something to do with her inclusion and announcement.

Ridley has less appearances over the last few years, Rosalina was a better choice to put in IMO, after all, her sustaining popularity made her go from a minor character in MG, to an MK racer, to a playable character in a full out mario game. Hell, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a new game with her as the main protagonist in the next 5 years. Meanwhile, While characters like Rosalina rise to fame, ridley is still a boss in a series that has been dormant for years.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why would Ridley we anything but a boss in Metroid? Do you want Ridley's Inside Story to be won over? We don't have Ganondorf's Inside Story, but he's still in. He's quite a bit more than just another boss too, but eh, what's the point in explaining?

D

Deleted member

Just when I thought nessokman couldn't get any more ridiculous, now he's saying that Rosalina's reveal disconfirms Ridley?

I actually feel pity.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Dear god are you a terrible troll. Even when you're trying to make an argument, you STILL suck.

Surely Rosalina's recent appearances and such big things for her, and probably reasons why she is in Smash. I never said it wasn't, so the fact that you are calling me mentally deficient is ironic.

Ridley is a completely different case. Metroid =/= Mario. There aren't nearly as many Metroid games as there are Mario games, so OF COURSE ROSALINA WOULD MAKE MORE APPEARANCES. It's really not that hard to understand. It's apples and oranges.

My face is red from the facepalming...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Just when I thought nessokman couldn't get any more ridiculous, now he's saying that Rosalina's reveal disconfirms Ridley?

I actually feel pity.
Well if Gamefaqs is any indication, it also confirms Ghirahim. So who knows?

... That was sarcasm. Gamefaqs logic is insanity and a slippery downward slope.

Seriously though. Ridley's not confirmed, but he's far from deconfirmed. If anything he's farther from being deconfirmed now than he was, having fewer things he could be OTHER than a playable character. It's basically down to an assist trophy like he ALMOST was in Brawl, or a boss like he was in Brawl. If bosses are even in SSB4. If they're not, then he's either playable or an assist trophy.

And as the main antagonist of a 1986 game series, the only character other than Samus to be in more than half of the Metroid series, AND a character with an appearance in literally every iteration of Super Smash Bros., it's absolutely laughable to call Ridley a minor character.

This is hardly an argument worth having. I have no idea why we're humoring it by trying to convince people of facts that they deliberately ignore for the sake of a statement that hardly makes sense given the few details we have.

D

Deleted member

Though, Rosalina's unique style might be reason for that evolution concept to be believable....

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
...That hairy lizard looks so...derpy.

Anyway, I really hope that doesn't happen. I think Ridley has enough to make himself unique other than to take that concept into consideration.

Or at least I hope.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Dear god are you a terrible troll.
To be honest, he's pretty good at this.

I don't like to talk about Ridley anyway. That's because I'm torn and undecided myself.
On one hand, I think that Ridley makes too much sense so he's going to be in.
Then Pyrosphere blew all that away.
Then I started to think that Sakurai is purposefully making fun of us.
Then I think that it's not Sakurai's style, and that he would reveal him and get it over it.

All this without thinking about how he's going to look. Because you know that if we get him, he's gonna have his Other M look right?

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure the Other M look being most probable has been brought up dozens of times and most of us don't care if it means Ridley gets in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
To be totally honest I'd be 100% okay with an evolution mechanic as long as it is well implemented.

And seriously. Pyrosphere and Sakurai's comment on it says literally nothing other than "Someone who is probably Ridley is probably able to appear on this stage in literally any context whatsoever".

D

Deleted member

Even then, the Japanese comment was referring to Samus' panic attack rather than Ridley himself (even if it was him that caused it).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The evolution mechanic would be pretty dissapointing. I want to play as Ridley, I don't want to have to go through being a fluffball and a derped lizard before I can reach that stage. He should have enough going for him either way, at least I hope Sakurai sees that, and even then the evolution gimmick is an idea made up by fans probably a tad too late for Sakurai to take note of it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As for the Other M design, I'll take anything really. Even then they fixed up Samus's model a bit, no reason they can't do that with Ridley. Heck, they need to do that with Ridley regardless, to match his proportions to his smaller size.

Top Bottom