• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, didn't really expect Ridley myself this go around. He's the kind of character that makes people keep on checking up on the game from time to time, so it's wise to keep him at bay to have tension and excitement surrounding your product.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd argue the same with Little Mac and K. Rool and all the "hype" characters.

Well played, Sakurai. Well played.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Villager trailer : try to make us think that it's going to be an Animal Crossing trailer.
WFT trailer : try to make us think that it's going to be a Wii Fit trailer.
Rosalina trailer : try to make us think it's going to be a Kirby then a MK8 trailer.

So,
Ridley trailer : try to make us think that it's going to be a Metroid trailer ?
That kind of Ridley reveal would be both hype and dissapointing at the same time.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I'm not really keeping my expectations low, I still believe that Ridley is very likely, but only just a tad more likely than he was before. The stage hazard theory (because that was just what it was, a theory) is one I feel has been disproven for quite some time now. I do firmly believe that Ridley should be, and most likely is a playable character.

I'm not going to pretend that Ridley is a 100% lock though, I learned to be better than that from Brawl speculation.
I think the big take-away from all of this is that it bodes well for existing character. There has been a lot of speculation about there being a very limited amount of existing series characters getting in, but Rosalina's inclusion is encouraging in that Sakurai may still be placing a relatively large focus on existing characters.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I dont know what you think guys, but sometimes, when i feel like Ridley won't make it in, i just remember -"but if he is a stage hazard, why they haven't show him yet"- then i recover my faith about him.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
ermahgerd i'm so sick of bowser arguments
and even more so OLIMAR arguments
really people?
i mean, it's my personal opinion that ridley would not fit, but who am i to say that there cannot some visual trick or stance or SOMETHING they could use to make it A-OK? if they actually CAN pull it off, i'm all for it. but in the meantime... i just plain don't see it happening. and i hope i don't come under attack when i say my reason for not seeing it happening is that he's too big. i'm trying to be friendly here
don't hurt me...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
i mean, it's my personal opinion that ridley would not fit, but who am i to say that there cannot some visual trick or stance or SOMETHING they could use to make it A-OK?
Or just...
y'know...
resize him?

Y'know...
like they do for multiple characters?

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
You know, I bet Sakura is making Ridley right now as we speak, its just hard to animate him, but he wants him in there. Also, who do you want in the game, Ridley or some big brain in a jar?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Ridley would be boss. Here's a move set I invented for him a little while ago.
B-Fireball-Could It be more obvious? Ridley shoots a fireball that get smaller if you use them consecutively.
Over B-Vital Rend-Ridley dashes forward and if he grabs you, he scrapes you along the ground, dealing more damage the higher your weight is. In midair, he would dive straight down and bury you on contact with the ground. Also good for Ridley-cide:awesome:
Down B-Outrage-Ridley spits out a limited range "wave" of fire. The more damage Ridley has, the more effective it is. Can reach OHKO potential
Up B-Vulture Twist-Ridley spins upward, generating a semi-powerful vacuum, dealing more damage to lighter characters.
Final Smash-Ground Zero-Ridley grabs the opponent and proceeds to deliver a FEROCIOUS beating. It ends with the character being sent off. You have to tap the A button in time with the hits to increase damage. The more accurate your button presses, the more powerful the finishing blow, can reach OHKO potential.

Ridley CANNOT use his Brawl model or any variation thereof. It sucked, to be blunt. Please Reply. Thanks!

Kimera

Smash Rookie
ermahgerd i'm so sick of bowser arguments
and even more so OLIMAR arguments
really people?
i mean, it's my personal opinion that ridley would not fit, but who am i to say that there cannot some visual trick or stance or SOMETHING they could use to make it A-OK? if they actually CAN pull it off, i'm all for it. but in the meantime... i just plain don't see it happening. and i hope i don't come under attack when i say my reason for not seeing it happening is that he's too big. i'm trying to be friendly here
don't hurt me...
... Reallyyy your to be friendly on a suport fourm for a character and say 3 of the most commen moves made by the Trolls of said surport group
, And explain why bowsers is the only one affected by the characters can be resized in spinoffs, oh it has'int been done to ridley before, yes not in spinoffs but in his mainstream games and once in the same game, heres a fun fact, also gannon has never been talked about despite the the fact that he is surpost to be double the size of link in Tp the design he was using in brawl. so no cannon size for ridley is not inportaint infact his size is more vairied then bowser who as a boss is usully 3 times of mario, WITHOUT ANY POWERUPS.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
... Reallyyy your to be friendly on a suport fourm for a character and say 3 of the most commen moves made by the Trolls of said surport group
, And explain why bowsers is the only one affected by the characters can be resized in spinoffs, oh it has'int been done to ridley before, yes not in spinoffs but in his mainstream games and once in the same game, heres a fun fact, also gannon has never been talked about despite the the fact that he is surpost to be double the size of link in Tp the design he was using in brawl. so no cannon size for ridley is not inportaint infact his size is more vairied then bowser who as a boss is usully 3 times of mario, WITHOUT ANY POWERUPS.
i'm not trolling, it's not much my style. but i have a bad feeling that if i reply to what you're saying i will get myself into a flame war, which is very much so not my style. so for now, au revoir ridley supporters!

EDIT: i don't mean specifically a flame war with YOU as much as anyone else deadset on liking ridley. i truly mean no offense

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Size is no issue. Ridley can easily be resized. I mean really, if Ridley is too big, then that means that K.Rool is too big considering he's twice the size of Donkey Kong.

Saying Ridley is a boss is jumping to conclusions. We don't even know if Bosses are back this time, and if he were a stage hazard, you would think he would have been shown as one already.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Rosalina's confirmation means anything, Ridley is far from being out of the question. After all, not once has he shown his face at Pyrosphere.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey look!

Pyrosphere footage!

And not a Ridley in sight!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Seeing all the footage of Pryosphere without any sign of Ridley just keeps getting my hopes up. Sakurai has finally gotten around to showing the status of the Yellow Devil on Mega Man's stage from so long ago, he outright said Skull Kid was an Assist, and then the introduction of Rosalina, who had a Mario Galaxy-themed stage shown with her nowhere on it, just to have her as a Newcomer later on.

The last thing I worry about is that bosses are returning for SSB4's adventure mode, and Sakurai is saving a Ridley-boss reveal to hype it up later on down the line. But for now, as the saying goes, "no news is good news."

MagnesD3

Smash Master
If sakurai really really wanted to troll in the next reveal trailer he would reveal Little Mac (or whoever) playing on the pyrosphere stage showing off Other M ridley as a stage hazard then at the end you hear footsteps and a howl and Metroid Prime Ridley shows up as a Newcomer!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
If sakurai really really wanted to troll in the next reveal trailer he would reveal Little Mac (or whoever) playing on the pyrosphere stage showing off Other M ridley as a stage hazard then at the end you hear footsteps and a howl and Metroid Prime Ridley shows up as a Newcomer!
That would be such intense trolling that I'd have to have therapy.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
or it could be Little Birdie. :p

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So basically Sakurai would be a Kojima level troll=???

:grin:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
spoiler Ridley was deconfirmed like 4 or 5 months ago
Cool. Do you have a picture of him on Pyrosphere? In fact, do you have any proof besides the way you decided to interpret a translated version of one of Sakurai's off-hand comments? I mean, surely you wouldn't think that Ridley is deconfirmed just because of that, you'd have to have been on the "Ness deconfirmed" train back in the Brawl days too if that's the case.

In those 5 months, 12 pictures, and 2 sets of video footage there's at least got to be proof of him as a stage hazard if that's what he really is. Right? No? Then he isn't deconfirmed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cool. Do you have a picture of him on Pyrosphere? In fact, do you have any proof besides the way you decided to interpret a translated version of one of Sakurai's off-hand comments? I mean, surely you wouldn't think that Ridley is deconfirmed just because of that, you'd have to have been on the "Ness deconfirmed" train back in the Brawl days too if that's the case.

In those 5 months, 12 pictures, and 2 sets of video footage there's at least got to be proof of him as a stage hazard if that's what he really is. Right? No? Then he isn't deconfirmed.
Spoiler. You took the bait.

D

Deleted member

Remember who you are dealing with here. KCCHIEFS is a troll.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

Only an idiot would've thought Ness wasn't going to be in Brawl

Enjoy your denial. Its just going to be harder on you in the long run paleo

Top Bottom