• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

"Unfortunately, it's spring 2014 games tomorrow, so smash won't even appear"

August 7: "It's Fall 2013 games, no Smash". LUIGI.
October 1: "It's Holiday 2013 games, no Smash". SONIC.

D

Deleted member

It's the global ND that comes up every other month, both previous ones gave a character reveal, and we average out one character a month with December's character not being revealed yet.

It isn't optimism to say there is a high probability of a reveal.

EDIT: Diddy, shut up.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Diddy's the only one besides one other person to say that Ridley will appear tommorow, and the other guy was being sarcastic too.

If you want to mock people Diddy, at least wait until there are people to mock.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well I for one am hopeful. Nintendo needs to ramp up the smash hype train, what better way than give us an early Christmas?
Kind of off-topic, but clicking on your location brings up Google Maps trying to find the location "No Ridley".

Sure didn't know Ridley owned a bakery, a sports club, a high school, and a freakin' comedy castle. Ridley sure does get around.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Kind of off-topic, but clicking on your location brings up Google Maps trying to find the location "No Ridley".

Sure didn't know Ridley owned a bakery, a sports club, a high school, and a freakin' comedy castle. Ridley sure does get around.
Entrepreneurial Ridley for Smash 4!

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

I found Sakurai playtesting Ridley with Google Maps

:troll:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
If there's one thing we do know, it's that we don't know what'll be shown on the Direct. Please reserve all hope and smugness until after the presentation.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
this thread constantly reminds me that I need to get around to finishing super metroid.

eh. I'll do it later.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Diddy's the only one besides one other person to say that Ridley will appear tommorow, and the other guy was being sarcastic too.

If you want to mock people Diddy, at least wait until there are people to mock.
I wondered at first if he knew samusrules was being sarcastic like most of the time or if Diddy was just going along with it. Either way, got a slight chuckle out of it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wondered at first if he knew samusrules was being sarcastic like most of the time or if Diddy was just going along with it. Either way, got a slight chuckle out of it.
If my avatar isn't enough to convince people I'm in a constant state of sarcasm, I don't know what will. Only Oasis knows the true extend of my sarcasm. And he is sworn to secrecy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I asked Miiverse how they'd react if Ridley is shown in today's Nintendo Direct, just for ****s and giggles. They are acting surprisingly sane today (maybe with the exception of the Godzilla guy).

But the best of all is the guy that is (ironically) named Anthony here:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Stop getting my imagination going. Just stop.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I asked Miiverse how they'd react if Ridley is shown in today's Nintendo Direct, just for ****s and giggles. They are acting surprisingly sane today (maybe with the exception of the Godzilla guy).

But the best of all is the guy that is (ironically) named Anthony here:

That Goomy dude's gold, and canon size means nothing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
A fast glide would be cool. Same with the Pogo tail being fast too.

Eh, the only one I can kind of think of is Nightmare from Soul Calibur. He's a powerhouse character, but has some decent speed on him. Granted most of his largeness comes from Soul Edge and his Demon arm.
In the same way as Ridley's only considered bigger than Bowser because of his wings and tail.

Why are there still people claiming that Ridley "Cannot work"?

But then again, I'm doubting his inclusion a bit but.... That reason's pretty dumb-er-ish

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, while Rosalina doesn't really have too much to do with Ridley, at least it'll shut up the very few and very stupid people who claim that Ridley's stage having already been revealed deconfirms him.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Well I for one am glad Ridley wasn't in the trailer...... as a stage hazard in the pyrosphere.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Villager trailer : try to make us think that it's going to be an Animal Crossing trailer.
WFT trailer : try to make us think that it's going to be a Wii Fit trailer.
Rosalina trailer : try to make us think it's going to be a Kirby then a MK8 trailer.

So,
Ridley trailer : try to make us think that it's going to be a Metroid trailer ?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After today's Rosalina reveal trailer Ridley's chances have never looked nicer Ridley fans!

Just gonna leave this here:
Sakurai himself stated "An enemy from Samus's past may appear" on a RIDLEY THEMED STAGE

This implies 2 things:
1) Ridley is a stage hazard
2) Ridley is playable

Considering we STILL have yet to see Ridley show up on Pyrosphere despite the plethora of photos/clips of the stage it's pretty much guaranteed he's not a hazard. Pyrosphere is simply a foreshadow for Ridley like the Galaxy stage was for Rosalina.

Ridley is in this game guys. It's happening. Get hyped.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The sentence "Ridley is in this game guys. It's happening. Get hyped." seems all but alien to me. It's hard to imagine being able to say those words 100% truthfully.

Either way, I'm not going to jump to conclusions, if I did that then I'd have been on the stage hazard train. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can understand wanting to keep expectations low to avoid disappointment but from a neutral perspective too much evidence is stacked in Ridley's favor at this point.

Only reason he hasn't been revealed yet is because Sakurai knows Ridley is his ace in the hole due to how much fan demand he has... He's saving the best for last.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I'm eager to say "Once again, Pyrosphere shown, Ridley shown NOT!"... But just as before, revealing Ridley would have taken away from the main subject of the reveal.

....BUUUT I was having a hard time keeping down my anticipation for Ridley's fate, so I'm still glad to see his status has yet to be confirmed as unplayable for now. Also glad that Rosalina got in! That's two newcomers I'm happy to see in the game! :D

...and yet this does mean I must now endure the wait some more. T_T

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well, I don't know if we should take popularity that seriously anymore, I mean, sure you have Megaman and Sonic, but how many people wanted the WFT, the Villager and Rosalina in SSB4 only a few months ago ?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well, I don't know if we should take popularity that seriously anymore, I mean, sure you have Megaman and Sonic, but how many people wanted the WFT, the Villager and Rosalina in SSB4 only a few months ago ?

Some, but not many (other than Megaman ofc).

Which is why he's saving the big guns like Ridley for later.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh, I'm not really keeping my expectations low, I still believe that Ridley is very likely, but only just a tad more likely than he was before. The stage hazard theory (because that was just what it was, a theory) is one I feel has been disproven for quite some time now. I do firmly believe that Ridley should be, and most likely is a playable character.

I'm not going to pretend that Ridley is a 100% lock though, I learned to be better than that from Brawl speculation.

Villager and Rosalina have actually been requested by the more casual crowd quite a lot. Not so much on Smashboards though, because we think we know how things work (which as it turns out we don't). Wii Fit Trainer is our token WTF character, and Mega Man is the big guy on both fronts. Popularity does matter, as it is being proven once again, but I have a bad feeling that it's the casual crowd that matters, and not so much the hardcore Nintendo fanbase like us. Luckily for us, Ridley has been crawling his way to the other side occasionally, and so has K. Rool.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Villager was a popular choice before Brawl and Rosalina, while not highly suggested, is a highly popular character on her own. She may've not been requested more then Bowser Jr. or Toad, but her inclusion (and WFT's) doesn't necessarily mean popularity is going to be completely ignored.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's not like Ridley is the only highly requested character from Super Smash Bros. fans. There's characters like King K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac, Chrom, Toad (so sorry), and Krystal. Just because Sakurai revealed Rosalina in this trailer doesn't mean that he doesn't care about the requests from fans, if anything he's trying to slowly build up hype. If he didn't care about fan requests we wouldn't have people like Sonic, Pit, or Marth.

I figured that, before Nintendo' Direct, that we wouldn't see Ridley and that he would only have a trailer sometime during mid to late 2014, if he's a default.

Top Bottom