• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, Ridley becomes the first character to die at a given percentage?

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
OK, Ill change it.

Here:

Normal:
A: Claw/Bite. Claw: 7–10% Bite: 8–12% Tail Slash: 9–13%
A Standard Air: Aerial Claw. 7–10%
A Side: Lunge. 8%
A Front Air: Glide.
A Back Air: Aerial Smack Down. 11%
A Smash Side: Wing Slash. 12%
A Up: Tail Jab. 10–14%
A Up Air: Air Spin. 5% every second for 5 seconds
A Smash Up: Claw Uppercut. 10%
A Down: Tail Swipe. 10%
A Down Air: Body Smash. 10%
A Smash Down: Ground Shockwave. 12%
A Dash: Charge. 14%
Special:
B: Fireballs (fires 4 fireballs and charges up to fire 2 bigger ones that do twice the damage.) Small: 15% Big: 20%
B Side: Fire Stream (causes Ridley to make a stream of fire that does a lot of damage for 10 seconds.) 5% every second
B Up: Whirl Wind (this makes him flap his wings while in the air and causes opponents to fall off the arena.)
B Down: Tail Smash (this makes him spin his tail and crash it into the platform while in the air.) 15–30%
Combos:
Fire Bombs: A Side then B. This move is where Ridley glides across the screen and shoots fireballs down below and it can be charged for 2 bigger ones. Small: 15% Big: 20%
Aerial Fireballs: B Up then press B Multiple times. When Ridley is trying to blow everyone off, he will shoot fireballs while in the air, which move faster because of the wind that he is creating from his wings, this move can be used more than once while in the air and can be charged for 2 bigger ones. Small: 10% Big: 15%
Pogo Tail: Hold B Down and move the joystick up and down in half circles by turning it in the direction you want him to go to. This move is just like it is in Super Metroid and can be moved left and right. 15-30%
Fire Rain: A Side then B Side. This move is where Ridley glides across the arena and breathes fire on the players below and does not a lot of damage, but lasts for 10 seconds. 5% every second
Final Smash: Meta Ridley
This turns Ridley into Meta Ridley, this makes him bigger, disables his combos, special and normal attacks do double damage, invincibility and most of his specials are replaced with stronger moves.
Plasma Beam: Press B. Shoots a huge orange beam that does 1% of damage every 0.5 seconds for whoever touches it for 30 seconds.
Missile Launcher: Up B. Shoots 5 homing missiles that do 40% of damage per missile. (only works in the air)
Laser Eyes: Side B. Shoots red lasers out of his eyes that do 30% of damage.
Note: Ridley is a slow character, so these movesets are set up for a slow character. Also, this is for the wii remote and nunchuck controls.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jab combos shouldn't do 30% + damage. Neither should any other of Ridley's attacks be so strong unless you want him to play as Ganondorf in Slowmo Mode?

Also, aside from your Special Moves, the moveset kind of lacks detail. Exactly what sort of animation does Ridley do in all those moves for example? How much knockback or speed do the moves have? Kinda vital details here. Sorry you are new and all, but this is just how the thing goes. Can't expect us to see your moveset as visually as you do unless you explain yourself.

If I come off as a ****, don't take it personal. I do this to everyone. And I mean less harm than it seems. :reverse:

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
It is going to be the same for each, its just the way I explained the controls is for the wii remote and nunchuck only.

Jab combos shouldn't do 30% + damage. Neither should any other of Ridley's attacks be so strong unless you want him to play as Ganondorf in Slowmo Mode?

Also, aside from your Special Moves, the moveset kind of lacks detail. Exactly what sort of animation does Ridley do in all those moves for example? How much knockback or speed do the moves have? Kinda vital details here. Sorry you are new and all, but this is just how the thing goes. Can't expect us to see your moveset as visually as you do unless you explain yourself.

If I come off as a ****, don't take it personal. I do this to everyone. And I mean less harm than it seems.
Its gannondorf as I said as a note, since Ridley is so strong

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Welcome to the forums uh... Fighter. Yeah, I guess I'll just call you that. Like the sig too, or at least the sig background used for that Meta-Ridley render.

Aside from the necessary constructive criticism already given to your moveset, I have to say too that Ridley shouldn't be as strong in-game as Ganondorf. Not unless you want him to be slow all around like Ganny. Sakurai already said in a NP interview comment anyway that Ridley would probably be slow, so we don't need him to be that slow as well as strong. If I want to use someone that physically strong, I'll still use Ganon himself. *proud main of Brawl's bottom tier character*

Aside from that, kinda funny/ironic to see Ridley's pogo tail attack be listed in a moveset now, with Cranky Kong's recent pogo gimmick and all. Did Cranky teach Ridley AND Scrooge McDuck the ways of the pogo? :awesome:

The Laser Eyes is... new. I forget, did Ridley's complete robotic form in Zero Mission have it? Aside from maybe that I can't remember any Ridley incarnation having laser eyes, like ever, but it would be fresh compared to most of what you usually see in Ridley movesets I guess.

Meta-Ridley as a final smash is way overdone though, much as I still love the idea of using his missiles and bombs for brief moments.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley channels the Joker? Regardless, love that voice too. :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Did someone just compare people who think Ridley is too big to racists?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He is taking a break, you know in a tropical island to be far away of all this Christmas stuff that is to happy and fun for him.
.n_n.
Too bad that the only tropical place in the Nintendo world right now has turned into a Tropical Freeze.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
http://smashboards.com/threads/clon...-voting-results-updated-11-13.341479/page-111

Lots of Too Bigots popping up in this thread lately. Ridley also needs all the help he can get. I know most of you guys are still optimistic about Ridley being in Smash 4, however, right now the Project M team is still deciding newcomers for Project M, and if Sakurai comes out with Stage Hazardley, we could still have a playable Ridley in Smash Bros. via Project M. However, only massive fan support can make that a reality.
Not really up to going at it with toobigots right now, but will definitely keep that all in mind. Hopefully if Ridley does get confirmed as a stage hazard during one of these pre-SSB4 speculation days, the support for his playability in Project M will start to skyrocket that very same day. :awesome:
Here you go.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bigotry entails the strong and irrational dislike of a separate entity, and Ridley's haters have a strong and irrational dislike of the idea of him being playable because 'he's weird,' 'it's not right,' 'it's a sin to disrespect the almighty Smash canon,' etc. due to him being "too big." Thus, toobigotry was born.

Ridleyfighter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ghostshooter13
I made a better version now:

Normal:
A: Claw: 5% Bite: 6% Tail Slash: 7%
A Standard Air: Aerial Claw. 5% (Ridley uses his claw in the air)
A Side: Lunge. 6% (Ridley lunges at someone)
A Front Air: Glide. (Ridley glides across the screen)
A Back Air: Aerial Smack Down. 7% (Ridley grabs somebody in the air with his tail and then smashes them into the ground)
A Smash Side: Wing Slash. 7% (Ridley slashes his wings at someone)
A Up: Tail Jab. 7% (Ridley stabs his tail into someone)
A Up Air: Air Spin. 1% every second for 10 seconds (Ridley spins in the air like the screw attack)
A Smash Up: Claw Uppercut. 7% (Ridley does an uppercut with his claw)
A Down: Tail Swipe. 6% (Ridley swipes his tail on the ground)
A Down Air: Body Smash. 7% (Ridley smashes into the ground)
A Smash Down: Tail Smash. 8% (Ridley Smashes his tail in the ground)
A Dash: Charge. 8% (Ridley charges into an opponent)
Special:
B: Fireballs (fires 4 fireballs and charges up to fire 2 bigger ones that do more damage.) Small: 15% Big: 20%
B Side: Fire Stream (causes Ridley to make a stream of fire that does a lot of damage for 10 seconds.) 5% every second
B Up: Whirl Wind (this makes him flap his wings while in the air and causes opponents to fall off the arena.)
B Down: Tail Smash (this makes him spin his tail and crash it into the platform while in the air.) 15–25%
Combos:
Fire Bombs: A Side then B. This move is where Ridley glides across the screen and shoots fireballs down below and it can be charged for 2 bigger ones. Small: 15% Big: 20%
Aerial Fireballs: B Up then press B Multiple times. When Ridley is trying to blow everyone off, he will shoot fireballs while in the air, which move faster because of the wind that he is creating from his wings, this move can be used more than once while in the air and can be charged for 2 bigger ones. Small: 15% Big: 20%
Pogo Tail: Hold B Down and move the joystick up and down in half circles by turning it in the direction you want him to go to. This move is just like it is in Super Metroid and can be moved left and right. 15-25%
Fire Rain: A Side then B Side. This move is where Ridley glides across the arena and breathes fire on the players below and does not a lot of damage, but lasts for 10 seconds. 5% every second
Final Smash: Meta Ridley
This turns Ridley into Meta Ridley, this makes him bigger, disables his combos, special and normal attacks do double damage, invincibility and most of his specials are replaced with stronger moves.
Plasma Beam: Press B. Shoots a huge orange beam that does 1% of damage every 0.5 seconds for whoever touches it for 30 seconds.
Missile Launcher: Up B. Shoots 5 homing missiles that do 40% of damage per missile. (only works in the air)
Laser Eyes: Side B. Shoots red lasers out of his eyes that do 30% of damage.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Bigotry entails the strong and irrational dislike of a separate entity, and Ridley's haters have a strong and irrational dislike of the idea of him being playable because 'he's weird,' 'it's not right,' 'it's a sin to disrespect the almighty Smash canon,' etc. due to him being "too big." Thus, toobigotry was born.

It's more than a bit excessive, especially because the word has much stronger undertones than it's simple dictionary definition. I just.. *sighs* It makes me sad because everyone on 4chan calls SWF users crazy Ridtards, and this doesn't help..

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's more than a bit excessive, especially because the word has much stronger undertones than it's simple dictionary definition. I just.. *sighs* It makes me sad because everyone on 4chan calls SWF users crazy Ridtards, and this doesn't help..
The pre-Brawl fanbase didn't quite help with this either. But the fact that many choose to be exactly as stubborn now, and continue to make 'Ridley sure will be revealed next' comments is quite dishearting indeed.

Not that 4chan is anything better of course...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not that 4chan is anything better of course...

Of course they aren't, that's why it's sad when they actually have ammunition.

If Ridley is in, I hope he has a pink alternate color. So cute.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I don't get your point, while bigotry can refer to racists, the word isn't exclusive to them and can refer to anyone in general who has a bias dislike against the other side, which can fit the situation as it was a heated argument between two sides.

To be honest, I think you're overthinking the situation and just making a mountain out of something that was clearly meant to be a playful joke at best. If 4Chan tries to make more out of this word then that's really not the fault of Chronobound but rather them taking something that meant very little on its own and spun into a negative connotation.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Only being able to speak for myself, I use it as a more creative term for "Ridley hater," and also one that might give them pause so they stop and think about what they're spewing before they do so.

There is a difference between simple name-calling and incessant ranting about how, if Ridley's not in, all other characters from veteran series are doomed and Sakurai is a piss poor developer (he partially is, but there are better ways to go about discussing it).

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ridley.​
Just Ridley.​
A haiku for Ridley.​
Metroid has one rep
Ridley is loved in the west
Will not be too Big.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's so weird to think there are actual "haters" out there.

So weird.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Some people just want the world to burn, Metroid to be removed as a series, and to see Waluigi and 10 additional Mother characters.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridtards? Heh. Compared to other such terms I probably wouldn't mind being called that. The circle is complete with there being funny-fun nickname(s) for both the supporters and detractors.

He is taking a break, you know in a tropical island to be far away of all this Christmas stuff that is to happy and fun for him.
.n_n.
Ridley: On the first day of Christmas Nintendo gave to me...

Someone continue.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On the fourth day of Christmas, Nintendo gave to me.... Foor Zoomers crawling!
Three different beam types!
Two missiles tanks!
and a hunter in a pear tree!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
On the fifth day of Christmas Nintendo gave to me, a Nintendo Land with two puppet robot Miis.

Top Bottom