• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So today's picture shows a stage hazard nearly half a year after the Spirit Train stage's reveal at E3. I'm pretty sure it means we shouldn't get too comfortable with not seeing a Pyrosphere hazard yet. I don't think it'd take Sakurai half a year to follow up on his quote though, but we'll see what happens.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So today's picture shows a stage hazard nearly half a year after the Spirit Train stage's reveal at E3. I'm pretty sure it means we shouldn't get too comfortable with not seeing a Pyrosphere hazard yet. I don't think it'd take Sakurai half a year to follow up on his quote though, but we'll see what happens.
Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but we saw a lot of pictures of basically all of the Pyrosphere. I'd think if there was something as big as Ridley wandering around, we would have seen it, or we would've seen less of the stage and fewer pictures.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but we saw a lot of pictures of basically all of the Pyrosphere. I'd think if there was something as big as Ridley wandering around, we would have seen it, or we would've seen less of the stage and fewer pictures.
That's true, but we have seen a decent amount of Spirit Tracks pictures too.

I still don't think Ridley is a stage hazard, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't get too confident since this shows that it can still happen.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm not in denial but, it's just hard for me to swallow that they could seriously copy a gimmick from an entirely different fighting game (Dead or Alive) with its own version of the Pyrosphere. The very idea seemed to me that Sakurai was phoning it in on Metroid representation

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not in denial but, it's just hard for me to swallow that they could seriously copy a gimmick from an entirely different fighting game (Dead or Alive) with its own version of the Pyrosphere. The very idea seemed to me that Sakurai was phoning it in on Metroid representation
Besides that, to shaft a character who is a big part of a major franchise that is massively fan requested to a role only slightly better than his role in 64...

That just sounds like an absolutely ridiculous decision to make.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Stop putting doubts in my head!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
*ignores Wariofan's current points and goes back to adoring those plushes I posted*
*scrolls up and looks at 'em again*
D'aww.

My body is not ready for more of that Pyrosphere speculation right now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The thread this kid made. I MADE SCREW ATTACK'S COMMUNITY. IT WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT ME

I'm not in denial but, it's just hard for me to swallow that they could seriously copy a gimmick from an entirely different fighting game (Dead or Alive)
I mean, it's not too crazy. It is just one level in the game. There's just a lot of people currently obsessing over it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know what to say to someone who thinks Ridley is not important at all to Metroid, let alone the main antagonist, and also doesn't believe the plot matters in any way to determine this.

Instead Mother Brain is somehow the main antagonist of the entire series collectively.

I don't even know what to do with it so I'll just leave that alone. Forever.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I mean, who's to say Sakurai didn't pick Peach/Dedede/Pit because of their own personal popularity / interesting playstyle and not because of any silly "merits". Who knows, maybe this game is just like any other fighting game.. ?

Morbi

Scavenger
This logic is inherently flawed, why would Sakurai show us Ridley, wouldn't he just take the screen shot when Ridley wasn't around? That is hardly evidence. It isn't difficult to take a picture without including Ridley... not at all. Sorry, I just hate that "evidence". It is basically summarized as, "I haven't seen Ridley, but he is "too big" so surely he would be in the picture, but he isn't, so he is not a background element".

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I respected them ever since they showed that Link beats Cloud. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this a joke?

Ridley's massive enough to provide anything that's massive.

This has been bothering me all day, where's your avatar and signature from? I can't remember the name...

Objection! (and since the Dedede plush was posted)

I want that, right now. It'd be the most amazing thing ever.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
RIDLEY MOVESET!

[collapse="Ridley's Moveset by APC99"]

Jab: Ridley slashes forwards twice with alternating arms, and then bites forward. Deals 3%, then 4%, then 2%.
F-Tilt: Ridley slaps forward with his tail. Deals 5%.
U-Tilt: Ridley clenches his fists and snaps upwards with his jaws. Deals 7%.
D-Tilt: Ridley attacks using his tail, in a manner similar to Yoshi. Deals 4%.
Dash Attack: Ridley spins and then slashes forward with his claws. Deals 5%.
U-Smash: Ridley charges his wings and then continues smacking them together above him. Deals 14%.
F-Smash: Ridley goes into a ready position and then lunges forward with open claws. Deals 13%.
D-Smash: Ridley looks up into the sky and roars as he slams his claws down onto the ground. Deals 15%.
N-Air: Ridley spins like Falco. Deals 5%.
F-Air: Ridley claws forward twice. Each hit deals 4%.
B-Air: Ridley pushes backwards using his clawed feet. Deals 7%.
D-Air: Ridley swishes his tail downwards. Deals 5%.
Grab: Ridley lunges forward with one foot and then slams them into the ground to carry them. Ridley can now also use his Up Special during this stage to carry them while flying and releasing fireballs.
Pummel: Ridley clenches his claws. Deals 1% per clench.
U-Throw: Ridley flies upwards and then slams them onto the stage hard, dealing 7%.
F-Throw: Ridley flies in an arc and then slams them onto the ground, dealing 5%.
B-Throw: Ridley drags them across the floor backwards and then dropping them, dealing 6%.
D-Throw: Ridley slams them onto the floor several times, and then just releases them. Deals 4%.
N-Special: Fire Breath. Ridley can either release several tiny fireballs that deal 9% each by tapping the button, or hold it to release a steady stream of flames, with each hit dealing 9% as well.
S-Special: Tail Spark. Ridley goes forward while his tail drags on the floor, creating sparks. The tail deals 6% if hit, but the sparks paralyze an opponent and deal 4%.
U-Special: Flight. If used on the ground (with one exception), Ridley will flap his wings and roar. This pushes away opponents and items, as well as weaker non-energy projectiles.He can do this unlimitedly. If used in air or when you have grabbed someone, Ridley will burst into the sky and fly, similar to Pit’s recovery. He can steer as usual, but also release fireballs by using the Special button as well as pummel the opponent if they are in his grab.
D-Special: Looping Bite. Ridley does a loop-de-loop and goes into a glide, similar to Meta Knight’s recovery. Deals 8% if you touch any part of Ridley during this attack.

Final Smash: Meta Ridley. Ridley roars as cybernetic parts swarm around his body, latch on and he becomes Meta Ridley. He charges his wings and bursts into the air, flying from left to right, dropping bombs (10% each), missiles (15% each) and occasionally breathing fireballs (5% each) before landing again as the cybernetics fall off and fade away. [/collapse]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Aweeee. That's like PokeRidley. SO TUTE.

He's Dragon/Flying, and then he has the ability known as "rebirth" where he's allowed to switch one of his types to steel. So, Dragon/Steel or Steel/Flying

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I've never made an actual moveset before but as long as there's fireballs and tail-stabbing, I'll be happy.

D

Deleted member

@BKupa:
You know what else doesn't have pupils, yet isn't mindless or devoid of personality (even if its personality is just one of vengeance and hatred)?

GMK Godzilla.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
@BKupa:
You know what else doesn't have pupils, yet isn't mindless or devoid of personality (even if its personality is just one of vengeance and hatred)?

GMK Godzilla.
Godzilla usually has pupils though...

Even though I'm pretty sure the Godzilla in your picture is a different Godzilla.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley in a Godzilla costume confirmed. Or we could really go for a stretch and say Ridley in a Jet Jaguar costume confirmed.

D

Deleted member

@Welshy:

I said GMK Godzilla. As in "The Godzilla from GMK (Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghirdorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack)".
I'm well aware that the other G's have pupils.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
@Welshy:

I said GMK Godzilla. As in "The Godzilla from GMK (Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghirdorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack)".
I'm well aware that the other G's have pupils.
I vaguely remember that movie. Is that the one where Ghidorah was some kind of ancient spirit guardian thing? Because screw that.
PS Here's hoping Godzilla 2014 doesn't suck.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that was the movie that reversed Godzilla's and Ghidorah's roles on the "good vs. evil" chart.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I think I quit watching it before Godzilla even showed up lol. But since this is the Ridley thread, I vote that if Ridley really is too big to be in Smash, that he be resized to fight in one of those Godzilla fighting games like the one on the Gamecube.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think I quit watching it before Godzilla even showed up lol. But since this is the Ridley thread, I vote that if Ridley really is too big to be in Smash, that he be resized to fight in one of those Godzilla fighting games like the one on the Gamecube.
So now Ridley is too small?! You guys are just such size queens.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Man wouldn't Ridley be one of the smallest things in the Godzilla fighting games? :p I mean I think the smallest they get is like. Larval Mothra. /random knowledge of godzilla fighting games

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Man wouldn't Ridley be one of the smallest things in the Godzilla fighting games? :p I mean I think the smallest they get is like. Larval Mothra. /random knowledge of godzilla fighting games
I think Jet Jaguar is the smallest, but RIDLEY CAN BE RESIZED. =3

Top Bottom