• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't read through all 309 pages... and I am new here, but why would you want Ridley Scott for Smash?! I loved Aliens as much as the next guy... but that is just extreme. Maybe you should support a character that actually has a chance, such as Toad.

This is the face that Ridley is making. Even he doesn't know why you support him!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You guys are all wrong on it. He bailed Mother Brain and co. at the end of Super Metroid, remember?

What? You say Nintendo Power isn't canon? Shucks!

majora_787

Smash Hero
You guys are all wrong on it. He bailed Mother Brain and co. at the end of Super Metroid, remember?

What? You say Nintendo Power isn't canon? Shucks!
I never know what's canon anymore with these game series that have an actual plot and just release games way out of chronological order. :p

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Ridley sustains himself with our love and devotion, like an emotionally attached zombie, or Jesus.

D

Deleted member

At first I was about to question the logic about the Queen Metroid of Other M, being cloned from THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY wouldn't sense Samus and not attack, but then I remembered that cloning doesn't work like that.

....unless you're Ridley, apparently.
Which brings up the questioning yet again....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At first I was about to question the logic about the Queen Metroid of Other M, being cloned from THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY wouldn't sense Samus and not attack, but then I remembered that cloning doesn't work like that.

Perhaps, Samus's imprint on THE BABY was reversed and THE CLONE BABY imprinted on someone else instead?

majora_787

Smash Hero

Just saying, that's nearly as many times as it is said in the whole game.

And the only thing I could think of to explain it is that Metroid 2, Super Metroid, and the "DNA collection" would have happened one after another.

I don't fully know how the Ridley thing happened either. Maybe they just wanted an excuse to show Ridley's life cycle or something. Because you know. He was too dead to tell us all about it in his own riveting monologue.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Genetic memory is a theory linked with numerous other species, so I guess it's not too far out of the question.

And to be fair, this baby imprinted on MB, which apparently overrides any connections it may have or had with genetic memory.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I had a terrible dream (read:nightmare) that Ridley was confirmed but he was grey , not anorexic version of the Super Metroid design , bigger thights and
(next thing was sort of scary)
Sakurai and Yoshio Sakamoto decided that his face was too long so it was replaced with a human anime face with white hair , he still had the spiky back of his head .

He was here to advertise a horror movie about the same Ridley being the monster in sewers/basements where a group of people went to after parties.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I had a terrible dream (read:nightmare) that Ridley was confirmed but he was grey , not anorexic version of the Super Metroid design , bigger thights and
Sakurai and Yoshio Sakamoto decided that his face was too long so it was replaced with a human anime face with white hair , he still had the spiky back of his head .

He was here to advertise a horror movie about the same Ridley being the monster in sewers/basements where a group of people went to after parties.
That's horrifying for a variety of reasons. I'd rather have cardboard Ridley.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

Good god.

Take that to Nintendo and sell it to them for a lot of money.

Alternatively, make sure it never comes out of your mouth again, so everyone else can avoid that horrifying image.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Woah, can't let this thread go down even further in the topic list.

So, what are the chances of a new Metroid game, presuming that it's the near-legendary Metroid Dread, coming out soon? If we get a Nintendo Direct by the end of this year and it has Metroid Dread in it, then presumably a playable Ridley could be used to advertise it.

And of course it should have Ridley in it, it's called Metroid Dread! Who does Samus fear more than anybody else? ....Adam Malkovich?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I keep hearing about this Metroid Dread thing. I know it's a game they came up with and never released (and still have somewhere), but do we know more about it than that? What was it about?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I imagine a new Metroid will happen. I think the only reason Retro Studios isn't being given any Metroid to do is because Nintendo is already having them do Donkey Kong stuff at the moment.

And Other M may be controversial, but it definitely isn't the worst-selling product of the Metroid series.

And wasn't Metroid Dread related to the DS or something? I don't remember. It sounds familiar.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So, what are the chances of a new Metroid game, presuming that it's the near-legendary Metroid Dread, coming out soon? If we get a Nintendo Direct by the end of this year and it has Metroid Dread in it, then presumably a playable Ridley could be used to advertise it.
Thats actually a thing i been thinking a lot, and its also pretty possible.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not that I don't believe you, but out of curiosity, what Metroid game(s) sold even worse than Other M?

As for Metroid Dread, that was a project supposedly canned long time ago. There was even an in-game scan in Prime 3 that kinda teased about it. I'm guessing Dread only still gets mention because of people gasping at straws on where the series could be taken next.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Not that I don't believe you, but out of curiosity, what Metroid game(s) sold even worse than Other M?

As for Metroid Dread, that was a project supposedly canned long time ago. There was even an in-game scan in Prime 3 that kinda teased about it. I'm guessing Dread only still gets mention because of people gasping at straws on where the series could be taken next.
They were not standalone new titles (except for one), but things like Metroid Pinball, the Trilogy edition, Zero Mission, and Prime Hunters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Single player would also greatly benefit with a bigger touchscreen, analog sticks, HD, motion control, wii remote + nunchuck option, etc.
I wasn't a huge fan of the singleplayer. I didn't like how other than Gorea and the other hunters changing locations, the bosses were the same two things recycled over and over again.

But the environments would probably be a lot nicer with HD and some tweakes.

majora_787

Smash Hero
WTH?!?! I just noticed that this is the ridley thread and not the miiverse daily thread. :facepalm:
Stay here and discuss the purple one with us. It's fu- Oh. Right. He's cardboard at the moment.

Stay here and discuss Metroid with us. It's fun.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Prime hunters multiplayer was so sick for a ds game.

If you were playing with friends it was quite good indeed. Online matches however became an unplayable hacking spree, most of the games I would play involved people hacking the Omega Cannon in every match, as well as people packing rapid fire Imperialists, and being able to lay a myriad of bombs as Sylux making obscenely large explosion webs.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I would rather have a Metrid II or Super Metroid remake for the 3DS, than Hunters remake, however the best scenario would be having a completely new Metroid game for the 3DS/Wii U imo.

Top Bottom