• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/ This tank & Bob are against Google
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ Youtube if you are with us

This is getting out of hand man. i mean this is..... wow. are people really this stupid? Because this sums up how dumb people are.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/ This tank & Bob are against Google
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ Youtube if you are with us

This is getting out of hand man. i mean this is..... wow. are people really this stupid? Because this sums up how dumb people are.
well we aren't youtube.

so buzz off with that.

(get it? cause I'm beedrill. buzz of?)

Keeshu

Smash Ace
yes, why even ask? it's such a no-brainer.
The reason why I ask is because Ridley looks so incredibly goofy/derpy with his tongue sticking out like a dog about to lick you. However, in Other M and brawl he's been shown to keep the tongue out. It just clashes with the design of the rest of the character IMO.
Personally I prefer him to just keep it in. I just wanted to ask because I wasn't sure if I was in the minority about that.

I also asked because I couldn't think of anything else to talk about Ridley off the top of my head.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, this thread isn't at the top of the list. We must be slipping.

Would you want Ridley to be unlockable or starter. Think of A. the hype if he was a starter, B the excitement when you unlock him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wow, this thread isn't at the top of the list. We must be slipping.

Would you want Ridley to be unlockable or starter. Think of A. the hype if he was a starter, B the excitement when you unlock him.
I'd like for him to be a starter the most, but that's mostly just because I want to see him asap, plus I want to play as him as soon as I boot up the game. I'd hate for him to be one of those super hard characters to unlock, because I'm not patient enough for that.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Personally I don't like unlockable characters at all, especially because something could happen to your memory and wipe your game (I worried about this a lot in melee since my memory cards sometimes have troubles being read by the gamecube). However, since unlockables exist, Ridley should probably be one of the unlockables.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Ridley will be available from the start, but you have to unlock the ability to flip the whole character select screen over. He takes up the entire backside of the roster.

Of course this prevents all other charcters from being used, so instead players will choose which part of Ridley they wish to control.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ridley will be available from the start, but you have to unlock the ability to flip the whole character select screen over. He takes up the entire backside of the roster.

Of course this prevents all other charcters from being used, so instead players will choose which part of Ridley they wish to control.
I'm totally maining Ridley's eye.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Dunno what Ridley's taunts should look like, but he should definitely have his eyes glowing for at least one of them.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'd like for him to be a starter the most, but that's mostly just because I want to see him asap, plus I want to play as him as soon as I boot up the game. I'd hate for him to be one of those super hard characters to unlock, because I'm not patient enough for that.
Or you could play X amount of vs. matches to unlock him. To my knowledge, even SSBB retained that as an alternative to unlocking fighters. Does make me wonder how many matches it would take to get him...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Or you could play X amount of vs. matches to unlock him. To my knowledge, even SSBB retained that as an alternative to unlocking fighters. Does make me wonder how many matches it would take to get him...
X number of versus matches will probably never go away. Even if it gets easier with every game. (Highest number of 1,000 in Melee and 450 in Brawl)

Ridley won't be playable

Banned via Warnings
You exist solely to hate Ridley? Strange times...
I'm not sure what you're talking about

As a stage hazard on that level?
No, as a playable character. Why else would I come to this thread?

It's like you guys have negative thoughts as to Ridley's inclusion or something, I don't understand.

If Ridley doesn't make into this smash, I'm not sure what I'd do with my life...

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you're talking about

No, as a playable character. Why else would I come to this thread?

It's like you guys have negative thoughts as to Ridley's inclusion or something, I don't understand.

If Ridley doesn't make into this smash, I'm not sure what I'd do with my life...
What the hell is this account made just to hate Ridley?

I mean, really.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
What the hell is this account made just to hate Ridley?

I mean, really.
I think its a living being created from all the negativity thats flown through the forums towards ridley. Think basically the river of slime from ghostbusters 2, it feeds on bad vibes and came into existence from that. What have we done..

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I just noticed something very odd with Ridley's appearance in Melee...

Where's his tail?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, buuuut...
daily.jpg

Do you guys see what I'm getting at here? Lubba is big AND purple! If even Lubba is too big and purple to be playable, what does that mean for Ridley, who is bigger and even more purple?! Clearly Sakuria has something against purple. Waluigi not being playable suddenly makes sense as well!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
View attachment 4414
Do you guys see what I'm getting at here? Lubba is big AND purple! If even Lubba is too big and purple to be playable, what does that mean for Ridley, who is bigger and even more purple?! Clearly Sakuria has something against purple. Waluigi not being playable suddenly makes sense as well!
I never read the caption for the stage, what's the gimmick?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
View attachment 4414
Or, perhaps, Lubba wasn't big or purple enough to tickle Sakurai's fancy?

Top Bottom