• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, Ridley ain't too big. It's just a coincidence that Lubba is also big. Ridley and Lubba are just too purple.

Being too purple is a MAAAAAAAAAAJOR issue. Hence why Meta Knight was so powerful in Brawl.

It all makes sense now......... purple is the color of Luigi's rival, Waluigi, and it's the year of Luigi, so because of recency regarding the year of Luigi we can't have anyone purple, and that's why there are seven characters on the Smash 4 site with a green backround on their page.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it's a bad what-if because it's very likely ridley will get in. I honestly wouldn't care at this point if he wasn't included, but seriously, he has one of the biggest chances of any character getting in, and you have to respect it, even if you might not like it. i'm almost neutral, leaning a bit more in ridley's favor, always have always will be.

majora_787

Smash Hero
it's a bad what-if because it's very likely ridley will get in. I honestly wouldn't care at this point if he wasn't included, but seriously, he has one of the biggest chances of any character getting in, and you have to respect it, even if you might not like it. i'm almost neutral, leaning a bit more in ridley's favor, always have always will be.
Don't you mean you always will BEE?

But yeah no. Ridley is one of the biggest names not actually in smash anymore. People can use whatever easily counterable logic they want as to why he shouldn't or why he "can't", but. Yeah.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Welshy91

Smash Ace
All this talking of colors and nationality made me envision an American Meta-Ridley (don't ask why). He'd be red, white, and blue and have the image of Old Glory in his pixelated hologram wings. Also, his fire breath would cook bacon to the perfect amount of flimsiness. You're all welcome for that image.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
All this talking of colors and nationality made me envision an American Meta-Ridley (don't ask why). He'd be red, white, and blue and have the image of Old Glory in his pixelated hologram wings. Also, his fire breath would cook bacon to the perfect amount of flimsiness. You're all welcome for that image.
Ron Swanson approved.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well in all seriousness, Ridley and Samus are the only major Metroid characters who appear in more than half the series.

If we're generous and count MB, Mother Brain only appeared in four, Kraid in three, all of the hunters in one. and Dark Samus in two. And they're mostly just arc villains more than anything.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Very likely based on assumptions, we don't know how sakurai thinks. For all you and I both know, new characters and Ridley in general could be at the bottom of his priority list. Why is Ridley from a series with decent representation in smash already more likely than a rep from a series with no representation. We can't say anything; because its up to sakurai and his decisions.
image.jpg

*tips hat*
Good day, sir

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Since Meta-Ridley's made by Retro too, the one non-Japanese studio that's done Metroid titles, it fits even more.

Funny that I see this posted pretty much right after I finally got around to watching Nostalgia Critic poking fun at some more old commercials, including a patriotic one about pancakes, which was kinda described in a similar fashion as your Meta-Ridley idea. "Tastes like... America"

Patriotic Ridley 4 Sm4sh.

Oh, as for Ridley's tail in the Melee intro, yeah, it's there. You just can't expect it to appear at every frame/second.

If Ridley isn't in, Im gonna have do much fun with gullible people.
Having fun being an ad hominem to people who didn't get something they wanted that you were against, you mean.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Since Meta-Ridley's made by Retro too, the one non-Japanese studio that's done Metroid titles, it fits even more.

Funny that I see this posted pretty much right after I finally got around to watching Nostalgia Critic poking fun at some more old commercials, including a patriotic one about pancakes, which was kinda described in a similar fashion as your Meta-Ridley idea. "Tastes like... America"

Patriotic Ridley 4 Sm4sh.
At least it was better than the totally downer Canadian commercial with the **** whistle :p

On another note, Nostalgia Critic is also a Metroid fan, which is pretty damn cool.

D

Deleted member

Yo momma's so big, Ridley said DAYUM!

....pretty sure that's been done before.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm guessing that's like a battle-weary Ridley as far as the wings go, since in Other M a lot of the pieces of his wings were just gone like that or blown off after his boss fight. One of those little extra attention to detail kind of things.

Regardless though I like the model in that pic.

Top Bottom