• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
And before I vanish into the shadows completely, here's a T-stance comparison with added DK​
As you can see, Ridley is almost twice as tall as Samus, making him the biggest character. But his lowered battle stance makes him fit in just fine as you guys can see from the previous comparisons.​

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
And before I vanish into the shadows completely, here's a T-stance comparison with added DK​
As you can see, Ridley is almost twice as tall as Samus, making him the biggest character. But his lowered battle stance makes him fit in just fine as you guys can see from the previous comparisons.​
Can we see another comparison later with some smaller characters, too?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think, you stretch out his wings and tail just a tad and that's the perfect Ridley model. Glad to hear he'll be at least strongly considered for Project M.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think, you stretch out his wings and tail just a tad and that's the perfect Ridley model. Glad to hear he'll be at least strongly considered for Project M.
I personally think that the tail is the perfect size as is, even if the wings should be a little more prevalent.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wait, has the Project M team really given word of that? If so, I hope they're going to take it quite seriously, else we're going to end up with something detractors will constantly throw in our faces. I know the team is awesome and all, but Ridley isn't an easy character to make, not to mention he'd be the first completely new and unique character they'd make.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wait, has the Project M team really given word of that? If so, I hope they're going to take it quite seriously, else we're going to end up with something detractors will constantly throw in our faces. I know the team is awesome and all, but Ridley isn't an easy character to make, not to mention he'd be the first completely new and unique character they'd make.
From what I'm skimmed over in the Project M thread, Ridley's boss model is detailed enough to where he could become a workable character (to put it in perspective, Assist Trophy models are not detailed enough - citation needed?). Regardless of whether or not he's in SSB4, people are going to request him for Project M by the truckload, whether to play as a beloved character after he's been repeatedly snubbed by a delusional developer or so they can play as Super Metroid Ridley, not Other M Ridley.

The way I envision Ridley, his wings would be outstretched like Charizard's and his tail would be on the ground like Mewtwo's, but that model is still visually mouthwatering. Two thumbs way up.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Does this adjustment look better?​

start at 1:39 end at 2:17

1:47 the moment you got this picture ready
1:49 you clicked the post button
1:51 this is what just happen to 90% of all ridley is too big agruers
1:58 everyone agree with this being the best comparison picture
2:06 the ridley is too big guys being mad because this proves they are wrong about ridley being too big and looks weird shrunken
2:13 the ridely haters are retreating

Groose

Smash Champion

While we're on size comparisons... this one I found doesn't look half bad. He looks completely badass.

Not as good as the one earlier on this page, though. That one is a masterstroke.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Oh god, imagine if Mewtwo was downgraded to Poké Ball status. That'd be the biggest slap in the face ever.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I may not have been on the boards during the time, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't remember the period of "Ridley, Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf are in the clouds!"....:laugh:
The best thing is, it very well could have been Ridley, Bowser, Master Hand (not Mewtwo), and Ganondorf in the clouds, seeing as how they all played sizable roles in the SSE. We may never know for sure. It's just the sheer ridiculousness of the 'Ridley in the clouds' possibility that makes that time period so notorious.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Alright, one last size comparison! Just look how naturally Ridley fits in!
[collapse=Battle Ready!]
[/collapse][collapse=T-Stance]
[/collapse]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just had a dream that Ridley was revealed as an Assist Trophy, where he starts out really really tiny, like the size of Kirby, then after a number of seconds he grows to a giant size. Like Sakurai was specifically poking fun at the too big thing. There was also a Pokeball update saying Kirby could suck up any Pokemon and gain their ability.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I just had a dream that Ridley was revealed as an Assist Trophy, where he starts out really really tiny, like the size of Kirby, then after a number of seconds he grows to a giant size. Like Sakurai was specifically poking fun at the too big thing. There was also a Pokeball update saying Kirby could suck up any Pokemon and gain their ability.
To be clear, it was a dream or a nightmare?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, one last size comparison! Just look how naturally Ridley fits in!
[collapse=Battle Ready!]
[/collapse][collapse=T-Stance]
[/collapse]

Not gonna lie, that does seem rather plausible. Though I wouldn't be shocked that, if included He'd be a bit shorter than the model you just made. Also, I feel that Charizard should be taller in Smash.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Guess what guys, this is the third week in a row without a Pyrosphere picture.

Sakurai is also done trolling Pokemon fans it seems.

However, Sakurai may strike back next week....

with a Mii confirmation. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Tbh, I kind of miss the Pyrosphere updates, mostly just because it's a cool stage, but also the overspeculation part :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ones things for sure i hope ridley does get announced for a special case because of being the most wanted character and if theres a new metroid game for the wii u ridley could be golden

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Tbh, I kind of miss the Pyrosphere updates, mostly just because it's a cool stage, but also the overspeculation part :p
I don't miss the overspeculation personally, but even if we did still have that along with more Pyrosphere pictures, I'd be playing Pokemon too much to care, as much.

Top Bottom