• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Alright, one last size comparison! Just look how naturally Ridley fits in!
[collapse=Battle Ready!]
[/collapse][collapse=T-Stance]
[/collapse]

This is great! Roughly the same height as Bowser minus Ridley's big ass head.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what kind of projectile would Ridley have? We've seen him use fireballs, missiles, and lasers before in different games. Personally, I'd like it if he shot a slow, but powerful laser. One that would be angled diagonally downward when shot in midair.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So what kind of projectile would Ridley have? We've seen him use fireballs, missiles, and lasers before in different games. Personally, I'd like it if he shot a slow, but powerful laser. One that would be angled diagonally downward when shot in midair.
The lasers and missiles only really make sense if it's Meta Ridley, so a fireball would probably be the best, unless it is Meta Ridley for whatever reason.

I'd imagine a single big, strong fireball like Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere, except it could be aimed up or down. Maybe rather than charging it up by holding B, it could charge over time like R.O.B.'s laser.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The lasers and missiles only really make sense if it's Meta Ridley, so a fireball would probably be the best, unless it is Meta Ridley for whatever reason.

I'd imagine a single big, strong fireball like Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere, except it could be aimed up or down. Maybe rather than charging it up by holding B, it could charge over time like R.O.B.'s laser.

Yeah, I guess that would make more sense. I like your aiming idea too.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I think the stream of fireballs is more iconic. Maybe he could still jump and move while doing it likes a pseudo-curry.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I was thinking maybe if you only press B he will fire one ball but if you charge he can throw up to three fire balls?
.n_n.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'd like to see him shoot a cluster of fire balls, like he always does in most of his boss fights.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just asked my 4-year-old niece what she's going to be for Halloween.

Her parents are doing a Star Wars thing, so she replied "A Space Pirate!"

I don't think my heart can handle this adorableness and weird sense of proudness.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I want his tail to be a projectile.
As in shoots spikes out of his tail that look like the tip of the tail, kinda like how Kraid shoots those boomerang-like nails out of his fingertips? Would actually be a nice ode to Kraid if Ridley had that kind of projectile as a playable, fireballs and stuff aside.

Harpoon-tail Ridley would be pretty badass.
I guess you mean like when he extended his tail as such to choke a hapless Chozo in the manga? Yeah, that would be awesome too.

I don't think my heart can handle this adorableness and weird sense of proudness.
I hear ya, and can kinda relate to that there... As a Metroid fan it sometimes feels weird (though in your niece's case cute) when someone mentions Space Pirates like that, but I guess it's a common term in sci-fi things, much like ____ Federation, ironically.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

D

Deleted member

Angelglory, if you keep winning the internet there's not going to be enough internet for anyone else eventually. :awesome:

EDIT: Come to think of it....this talk of Ridley and Star Wars has given me an idea.
MetroidXStar Wars crossover.

A concept that sounds both stupid and awesome on paper. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Come to think of it....this talk of Ridley and Star Wars has given me an idea.

I'd so watch this, just to see Mother Brain and Darth Vader argue like an old couple.

D

Deleted member

Darth Vader: *attempts Force Choke*
Mother Brain: "What do you think you're trying to do? I'm a giant brain!"

I'd so watch this, just to see Mother Brain and Darth Vader argue like an old couple.
Wait a minute....
Where have I seen a similar concept?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Angelglory, if you keep winning the internet there's not going to be enough internet for anyone else eventually. :awesome:
Was thinking that ironically before I went to sleep last night. lol

EDIT: Come to think of it....this talk of Ridley and Star Wars has given me an idea.

Something I've talked about some before... Would not go down well one way or another, cool as it could be, but it's nice to see how the debunked MetroidXStar Fox rumor has sparked other ideas like this.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Won't have to worry about the neck being like that in the actual game since they're bound to use the Other M model for Ridley (with some tweaks here and there to make it better looking if we're lucky).

Angel winning the internet numerous times with the Ridley models he's been using won't change that, sadly.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Angelglory

Is there anyway you can get an Other M Ridley model to use in there instead of the Brawl model? Either way that is probably the best comparison yet.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Won't have to worry about the neck being like that in the actual game since they're bound to use the Other M model for Ridley (with some tweaks here and there to make it better looking if we're lucky).

Angel winning the internet numerous times with the Ridley models he's been using won't change that, sadly.

Talking about Other M Ridley...wouldn't he be quadropal then? Since he is mostly on all 4 in Other M...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I didn't like Brawl Ridley's neck at all. It's one of the reasons I dislike people always preferring that model. I prefer Melee Ridley.
Just took another look at Melee Ridley since it had been awhile since I'd seen it (aside from people posting pictures of it from the Melee intro during recycled "counterarguments"), and.. it kinda has a weird neck as well. The trophy model anyway.

Overall though I kinda prefer the design of it over Brawl Ridley too, like the kind of shade of purple that was chosen for it, etc.

Talking about Other M Ridley...wouldn't he be quadropal then? Since he is mostly on all 4 in Other M...
Eh, may as well be quadropal I guess, except he'd be standing on his two feet during certain attack animations of course, like when he's lunging forward. Other than that yeah.

*was already working on an Other M Ridley import over Boss Ridley*
Nice... With what you do I'm sure you'll make even the Other M model a lot more likable.

D

Deleted member

I didn't like Brawl Ridley's neck at all. It's one of the reasons I dislike people always preferring that model. I prefer Melee Ridley.
Melee Ridley is literally the same thing but with less detail.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm new here, and I wanted to say that Ridley has always been one of my most anticipated potential newcomers ever since I first saw him flying on the Planet Zebes stage in SSB64. The Metroid series is one of Nintendo's flagship franchises; I believe it deserves at least two representatives.

I've had this idea in the back of my head that whenever Ridley should pick up a barrel or a crate, he should use his talons to hold them while he's flying, and then throw them at other fighters to make up for his otherwise unremarkable ground speed. It's probably too broken of an idea to use, and I just thought about it because Ridley is often associated with carrying the baby Metroid in his talons, as it's one of the most iconic visuals that I can think of in Metroid.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm new here, and I wanted to say that Ridley has always been one of my most anticipated potential newcomers ever since I first saw him flying on the Planet Zebes stage in SSB64. The Metroid series is one of Nintendo's flagship franchises; I believe it deserves at least two representatives.

I've had this idea in the back of my head that whenever Ridley should pick up a barrel or a crate, he should use his talons to hold them while he's flying, and then throw them at other fighters to make up for his otherwise unremarkable ground speed. It's probably too broken of an idea to use, and I just thought about it because Ridley is often associated with carrying the baby Metroid in his talons, as it's one of the most iconic visuals that I can think of in Metroid.
Welcome to the boards!

That's a good idea! I think it's a nice Easter Egg the Metroid/Ridley fans would enjoy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Welcome to smash boards

And for the idea accually that is possible it could go either way with how he grabs stuff his talons or his claws and if changeable move set is true defiantly very likely

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I get the feeling BluePikmin's just trying to be the new :diddy: now thanks to a comment someone made in the prediction thread... :awesome:

Welcome to the boards puppeteer! Enjoy your stay, and yeah. That's how he should hold items while floating/gliding in the air at least. Figured he'd hold an item with just one hand while on the ground though, but if it's something like a barrel, then yeah. Hold it Super Metroid style!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm not against Ridley, it's just something I wanted to say. I don't have that much knowledge of Metroid.
I know you're not.

Was just playin around too. :awesome:

How would Ridley bite.

Like.

I mean????

What does he even have that could accomplish such an action?
I know! His teeth are so tiny, especially for a head that size! Those teeth couldn't bite through paper... Wet paper.

Top Bottom