• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai should play along with the "Ridley's too big"-thingy and make it Ridley's Scene Entrance:
In a cutscene, Masterhand tells Ridley's that he's too big to enter the fray as a normal character and that he's better off as a boss.
(Ridley would wreck Masterhand if he said something like that to his face, yes, but this is SSB)
So, Ridley, who is partly known for changing his appearance and size, simply Shape Shifts into a smaller version of himself, aslo with some minor texcture-changes, right infront of Masterhand, smiles, and lifts off.
I think it'd be better if Sakurai broke the fourth wall and posted a video that starts out with him at his desk, with Ridley's model open. He proceeds to shrink him down with like a push of a button (or mouse scroll, dunno what program he uses WHATEVER), and goes "Huh. That was easy." Cue a heavy remix of Ridley's theme as the Ridley on screen does stuff and the "RIDLEY JOINS THE BATTLE" thing pops up. In-game battle footage follows.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If Ridley is in, I hope they will bring back Brinstar Dephts and add Mother Brain as a boss so we can have all the bosses from the original Metroid in HD (can't wait to see Kraid if that happen, last time we saw him was so long ago).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I really like this palette:

The last one is way to bright, and the magenta (?) in the neo skin is too saturated too, but otherwise I really dig the Zero Mission, Super Metroid artwork and Meta Ridley colors.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
okay... MAYBE I was overreacting a little. but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do this to us.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really like this palette:

The last one is way to bright, and the magenta (?) in the neo skin is too saturated too, but otherwise I really dig the Zero Mission, Super Metroid artwork and Meta Ridley colors.

Yeah, the Zero Mission skin is freaking sick. So is the Dark Blue one.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
Everyone else - SONIC'S BACK!! HYYYYYPE!!!!
Us - SCENE OF PYROSPHERE, NO RIDLEY!! HYPE....?
so on one hand Ridley hasn't been confirmed as a hazard

but hasn't been showcased as a newcomer either

I'm slightly angry

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'm more than okay with this, every Ridley hater were on the "Nintendo wait to show the Pyrosphere in a trailer to confirm us Ridley as a stage hazard" train.Well too bad.

A trailer and a pic later, still no hazard Ridley, even when fans would have swallowed this more easily with the Sonic reveal =D

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
so on one hand Ridley hasn't been confirmed as a hazard

but hasn't been showcased as a newcomer either

I'm slightly angry

Eh honestly I'm mostly unchanged by the reveal.

Ultimately this was Sonic's trailer. Having Ridley appear in any form would have easily stolen some of the thunder. But now I'm very sure of it; We're not going to learn anything about Ridley until the due time. Now I can confidently declare the three possible ways Ridley will be revealed:

• E3 2014 Trailer: Ridley is unceremoniously shown on the Pyrosphere stage as a stage hazard OR shown as an Assist Trophy character
  • Ridley has his own personal trailer and officially joins the roster as a newcomer
  • Ridley appears on the Pyrosphere as a stage hazard during a different Metroid character's official reveal, belonging to Zero Suit Samus or... a different Metroid character altogether...
Obviously we hope for the second scenario. First scenario would suck, but we all knew that might have been the case. Third scenario is a slap in the face no matter how you look at it. e_e

...Actually there are two other scenarios, but these are longshots...

- Ridley is never revealed through the DOJO or trailer, and is discovered playable after the game gets in the hands of the public
- Ridley is never revealed...!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
- Ridley is never revealed...!

Remember how Smash Melee never had a Diddy Kong trophy? And the rumor that it was due to him being playable and cut? Like that?

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
if Ridley is demo'd as an Assist Trophy or hazard, it'll be in a screenshot. trailers seem to be pretty tightly kept for newcomers or, in this case, veteran reveals (Sonic is a pretty specific and important third party veteran, so I'm assuming that's why he got a teaser spot)

basically... we're going to keep watching Pyrosphere pics like a hawk, and we're also going to be jumping on any opportunity for a Ridley trailer.

edit: also, I got into an argument with one of my friends who's a Zelda fanboy about how "relevant" or "iconic" Ridley is and his deserving to get into Smash... we realized that Ganondorf, who is largely hated by the Smash community for retaining his captain's license, actually only appears in five Zelda titles (excluding linking the Oracle games) and yet Ridley has appeared in seven Metroid titles, and been fought multiple times in some of them, and even featured on the BOXART of some of the games... and still isn't in Smash, and still isn't considered important by anti-Ridley players.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
Sonic got a teaser spot because his game comes out this month and the Nintendo Direct was today. That's really all there is to it.

RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY. THERE??? GEEEZ!!!!!:mad:

yeah, I... I don't know what I was expecting. but, in my defense, I was expecting a little bit of Pokemon news since that comes out in a few weeks... people were expecting Jigglypuff or a newcomer around then because Jigglypuff is a perfect attendee who hasn't been revealed yet, and, well, XY might have a representative in Smash

the fact that Lost World is coming out this month went over my head.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im glad sonics back but the mock goes to the limit now because in the sonic trailer the pyrosphere stage was being played for a few second and still no ridley

Ps look carefully in one of the sonic pictures thats another stage confirmed a sonic stage

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sonic's cool and all, but he doesn't really affect Ridley at all, and neither did Pyrosphere appearing in the trailer. Even if Ridley is a stage hazard, they wouldn't let him take the spotlight from Sonic in his own trailer. It means pretty much nothing, and it wasn't really a tease towards us either considering the plane stage was also shown, which means they were just showing off new stuff.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember it took them a while to start showing newcomers past the original 5 of Wario, Meta Knight, Pit, Zamus and Snake. And we've got a LOAD of veterans to get through.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sonic confirmed as the stage hazard for Pyrosphere? :troll:

In all seriousness though I don't think we'll see a Ridley reveal until the next Metroid is announced (Which might still be a ways away with the delay to Tropical Freeze).
Link is looking at Ridley!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hmmm. I never thought about it before, but how does Ridley sleep? Does he hang upside down like a bat? Does he curl up in a ball like a cat?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hmmm. I never thought about it before, but how does Ridley sleep? Does he hang upside down like a bat? Does he curl up in a ball like a cat?
He probably sleeps like what birds would do. This is probably a good question to ask about, since we do need an idea on how Ridley would be affected by elements like Bellossom's Sleep Powder.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
He probably sleeps like what birds would do. This is probably a good question to ask about, since we do need an idea on how Ridley would be affected by elements like Bellossom's Sleep Powder.
...yes! That is precisely what I had in mind when I asked the question!

I just got an image of Jigglypuff singing with Toon Link, Villager, and Ridley sleeping next to her. I definitely see Ridley curling up like a cat or a dragon. His wings aren't big enough to tuck that massive head under.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In all seriousness though I don't think we'll see a Ridley reveal until the next Metroid is announced (Which might still be a ways away with the delay to Tropical Freeze).
The delay definitely supports the hint from Miyamoto that Retro can/is multitasking.

Off the record Pyrosphere in action looks awesome. Dat lava flow.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I imagine him letting his weird neck snap back as an Anime Character while sleeping. And he actually stands while sleeping, and from time to time he unintentionally pulls off a fire-hiccup.

Groose

Smash Champion
Anthony Higgs is up on Rate Their Chances, Just thought you all sh----

Oops. Wrong support thread. :diddy:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.. we saw some footage of Pyrosphere.

No Ridley.

I'm calling it. It's a neutral stage. No stage hazard.

Top Bottom