• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Would be something if we got a first trailer of dat new Metroid Miyamoto wanted Retro to make whilst they're multitasking on other game projects (would still be in the beta phase or something of course, but it'd at least be something else to look forward to).

Not that I'd hold my breath for even that far as expectations.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is it on Miiverse? I tried looking on the main site.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL gotta love Sakurai. Showing a Ridley-shaped purple thing in the Pyrosphere. :laugh: :troll:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Come on? Ridley?
I think is something to big to be in a little NDirect like this...

Maybe sometime later with other newcomers in the next trailer (I dunno if we got another newcomer this year at this point).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Come on? Ridley?
I think is something to big to be in a little NDirect like this...

Maybe sometime later with other newcomers in the next trailer (I dunno if we got another newcomer this year at this point).
A Nintendo Direct is actually a perfect "place" to release a newcomer trailer. In this way it immediately reaches many more people than if they revealed it at some convention (unless it's E3.)

YESSSSS RIDLEYYY OPMGFGHHHH YESSSSS FINALLY WHAT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR !!!

MY HOPES ARE SKY HIGH with RayQ.
Might want to tone those expectations down. We're not guaranteed a newcomer, or even a character announcement for that matter, and even if there is a character announcement it's certainly not guaranteed to be Ridley given how many things happen this October, a Pokémon, Sonic, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mii and R.O.B all have a bigger chance than Ridley to appear. Again, that is if there's even a character announcement at all, let alone a newcomer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's for games that are releases THIS YEAR. Smash bros is late next year at best.

BTW what has Sakurai got to say about today's picture?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Every time Pyrosphere is used, people always have to bring up Ridley, regardless of the screenshot's primary subject. Can they at least save their frustration until after we truly know Ridley's fate?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's for games that are releases THIS YEAR. Smash bros is late next year at best.

BTW what has Sakurai got to say about today's picture?
Again, the same was said about the Direct where Luigi was revealed. Not expecting a newcomer, since that'd be too major and throw the Direct out of focus, and I'm kind of iffy about a potential veteran too since TL was just revealed.

Sakurai's quote says: "The two heroes swing it out with a double Spin Attack! Wouldn't wanna be to the one to get hit." So yeah, nothing to be found there.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
A Nintendo Direct is actually a perfect "place" to release a newcomer trailer. In this way it immediately reaches many more people than if they revealed it at some convention (unless it's E3.)

Might want to tone those expectations down. We're not guaranteed a newcomer, or even a character announcement for that matter, and even if there is a character announcement it's certainly not guaranteed to be Ridley given how many things happen this October, a Pokémon, Sonic, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mii and R.O.B all have a bigger chance than Ridley to appear. Again, that is if there's even a character announcement at all, let alone a newcomer.
You believed it? Come on maynn....dont you know me at all?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You believed it? Come on maynn....dont you know me at all?
It's not a matter of whether I know you or not, it's a matter of me being ****ty at sensing sarcasm online. I always end up answering seriously to sarcastic comments, which never ends well.

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
dear Sakurai,

every time you post a Pyrosphere pic without confirming playable Ridley first, a kitten dies of cancer.

stop.

sincerely,

Lite the Iron Man

Dear Saw-queue-roy,

I don't care if your delaying either Ridley's playable confirmation or Ridley's lolface stage hazard confirmation but please do not give your fans a heart attack. It's bad and it will cost ya. You probably do not hear this because we're sort of like nothing in your point of view (Because Smash bros. has a huge ass fanbase) so um... YEAH. If this game is claimed by fans to be a failure despite the great gameplay, then it's all on you but personally, I would be neutral on that.

But really, quit duh mind geymz or your cat will wake up with no skin.

- ....... Oasis_S :troll:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Hmmm i would like to see Ridley swinging his tail with sword-like properties, like a tail attack he did in his Prime battle. (Please, dont do "swordsman Ridley confirmed" jokes)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Tell that to Marth's sword's hitbox.
At least Marth's attacks stay true to their appearance, unlike Snake's.

With Ridley beeing disjointed I meant that he has a disjointed Body Structure.
Already big + disjointed bodyparts spells huge.
It gives off a false big-factor.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At least Marth's attacks stay true to their appearance, unlike Snake's.

With Ridley beeing disjointed I meant that he has a disjointed Body Structure.
Already big + disjointed bodyparts spells huge.
It gives off a false big-factor.
Indeed, it's very much different from a big chunky guy like Bowser. It could potentially end up being a design problem hitbox-wise, depends on the pose really.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Stupid Toon Link reveal probably messed up a newcomer reveal during the direct tomorrow.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Stupid Toon Link reveal probably messed up a newcomer reveal during the direct tomorrow.

Pretty sure it didn't mess up anything, considering he probably has these reveals planned in advance. Just sayin'

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Pretty sure it didn't mess up anything, considering he probably has these reveals planned in advance. Just sayin'
I retain the the right to be pessimistic and complain without any sort of thought to what I'm actually saying.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just because Toon Link was revealed a few days ago doesn't mean we can't potentially see another new character in this direct, Sakurai is an unpredictable man after all (it is unlikely though). Then again, they might want to go into more details on the previously revealed characters (Olimar, Luigi, Peach and Toon Link) and the new stages (Reset Bomb Forest, Pilotwings and the infamous Phyrosphere etc) they revealed during the daily screenshots and show them in action like I said before in a different thread.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
We got Luigi in the last one.
...and? We get one veteran in one ND months ago and the next ND has to have a character too?

Besides, we got Weegee as a tie-in to Dream Team. Wouldn't the Pokémon X and Y Direct have been a good time to reveal a Pokémon character?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember, if there's no Smash stuff in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow you only have yourself to blame if you're disappointed.

Well you could blame everyone else saying there is gonna be stuff but...

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
Remember, if there's no Smash stuff in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow you only have yourself to blame if you're disappointed.

Well you could blame everyone else saying there is gonna be stuff but...
I accept that...

...but I want Ridley.

Top Bottom