• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I kind of want to make a similar video now, just with the posts of every dipshit who claimed Mega Man was never going to happen, particularly from GameFAQs.

D

Deleted member

Place is finally back from the DDoS attack huh? Ridley was probably the cause of it, but whatever. During some of the time off from this place, I lurked some elsewhere for Ridley discussion because of the Pyrosphere update and all, and boy did I regret it. The worst kind of toobigotry I had seen since pre-Brawl days (yes, any current detractors there are here are quite subtle in comparison). Even found another community judging us, as in this thread which a user in it made a youtube vid about us for the lulz. To be fair though, it's not hard to poke fun at this thread, especially under the current circumstances.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1302773&p=42001492#post42001492

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYrrp8C6_eM

Question is though whether or not to be flattered that someone would go out of their way to give us this much attention...
Too much negative attention is a bad thing. There's nothing to be flattered about with the behavior of this community lately in regards to Ridley, so something like this should be taken as a sign to stop going bananas over a character. Can't really blame fangzwolf for what he did; this really has been the lowest point I've seen in the community.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Apparently "the Ridley thread" means "John."

Little jealous nobody got to see how Strong and maidly I am. *kicks dust*

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Was kinda being sarcastic on the flattering comment :p, but yeah. Part of me doesn't blame fangzwolf for doing that either.

edit: I noticed that too about Johnknight... Damn him, lol.

Groose

Smash Champion
Interesting. I predict we'll see Pyrrosphere tomorrow; it's been a while since it's been teased.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Well, we have another pic of the stage, and still no Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's odd, with the other stages we saw both of their gimmicks in the second screenshot of theirs, but here we see nothing new. Could hint that there's not much more to the stage than what we've already seen, which I really hope, not only for Ridley's sake, but because it'd be the best looking competitive stage ever.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
DAUGH! I think Sakurai is yanking our chains! What if HE was behind the take downs? DUN-DUN-DAAAAHHHHH!!!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Place is finally back from the DDoS attack huh? Ridley was probably the cause of it, but whatever. During some of the time off from this place, I lurked some elsewhere for Ridley discussion because of the Pyrosphere update and all, and boy did I regret it. The worst kind of toobigotry I had seen since pre-Brawl days (yes, any current detractors there are here are quite subtle in comparison). Even found another community judging us, as in this thread which a user in it made a youtube vid about us for the lulz. To be fair though, it's not hard to poke fun at this thread, especially under the current circumstances.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1302773&p=42001492#post42001492

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYrrp8C6_eM

Question is though whether or not to be flattered that someone would go out of their way to give us this much attention...
Other sites can say what they want about us, but during the little hiatus we've had my brain has likely taken permanent damage from visiting GameFAQs and Reddit. This place is god-like compared to those forums.

D

Deleted member

Seeing today's picture was a relief. I was worried that the next picture would have Ridley as a stage hazard. Obviously he's not out of the woods, but this is encouraging. If we get a third picture without stage hazard-Ridley, that's even better.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Site's been down for eons and still no sign of Ridley one way or the other. The best is still to come.

D

Deleted member

It's a good thing that it's been about a month or so and no sight of Ridley-hazard. Not saying this confirms him as playable, but this should be seen as encouraging.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It's a good thing that it's been about a month or so and no sight of Ridley-hazard. Not saying this confirms him as playable, but this should be seen as encouraging.
I still think we could be hit with "stage hazard" Ridley any day now. I wonder if Sakurai even knows that there is an incredibly strong demand for Ridley?

Still vigorously crossing my fingers for playable Ridley though. Its not over until Sakurai shows what his role is on the Dojo.

?????????????

Smash Master
I still think we could be hit with "stage hazard" Ridley any day now. I wonder if Sakurai even knows that there is an incredibly strong demand for Ridley?

Still vigorously crossing my fingers for playable Ridley though. Its not over until Sakurai shows what his role is on the Dojo.
I'm sure he knows. He's already remarked that he gets "lots of character requests around the world."

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, that's a possibility.
I just wish Sakurai would tell us why he passed on Ridley if Ridley is confirmed as a stage hazard. However, the simply two sentence descriptions we get with Miiverse photos, does not inspire much hope for that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wouldn't it be something if Sakurai wanted to make Ridley playable, but Sakamoto told him it would be too "awkward".

If so, is that guy trying to make the American Metroid Fanbase hate him? After Other M's story it's seems more and more that way.

D

Deleted member

I think he's aware as Sakurai has stated he receives requests from all over the world. Japan has also commented that they are aware that the West really wants Ridley, so I think there's a good chance Sakurai knows. Plus from what we know, he is going to include Little Mac, so it's not like he's against adding characters who's mainly popular in the West. It's going to come down to whenever or not Sakurai sees Ridley as viable (and he better).

And I'm very aware that Ridley could be revealed as a stage hazard any day now. But like you, I'm still going to stick by Ridley until his role is revealed.

?????????????

Smash Master
If so, is that guy trying to make the American Metroid Fanbase hate him? After Other M's story it's seems more and more that way.
It's also the guy that made the claim that Other M did poorly because the main protagonist is a female, and that Prime was only successful because it masked Samus' gender and that maybe the next Metroid game should star Adam Malkovich.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's also the guy that made the claim that Other M did poorly because the main protagonist is a female, and that Prime was only successful because it masked Samus' gender and that maybe the next Metroid game should star Adam Malkovich.

Sauce?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just wish Sakurai would tell us why he passed on Ridley if Ridley is confirmed as a stage hazard. However, the simply two sentence descriptions we get with Miiverse photos, does not inspire much hope for that.
There's no guarantee he'd give us the actual answer anyway. Developers are known for bending the truth and being less than forthcoming. If it's because of Sakamoto, I doubt we'd ever find out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is this "Death of the Author" in action?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Yeah, for all we know Sakurai still hasn't shown Ridley yet because he's "hyping" him as a stage hazard, thinking it's what most would want out of the character, going by some of the Japanese toobiggers or something.

If worse comes to worse though, it should take more than another deconformation to dishearten us all, no matter how the detractors may try to demoralize us should he be deconfirmed again. If anything Ridley should come off as even more likely for the next Smash game (SSB5/6/whatever) than he does now, should something new still happen with him and Metroid by that time. Unless of course Sakurai comes out and explicitly gives a reason on why Ridley will never be a playable character. *shrug*

Wouldn't it be something if Sakurai wanted to make Ridley playable, but Sakamoto told him it would be too "awkward".
I've seen you or someone say that before, and honesty, y'all presume too much about him, just because of one game he did that most didn't like.

And they said Other M was sexist.

Top Bottom