• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey guys suporting ridley looks like we are yelling at some of the people in another dorum in a forum about who do you think is going to be unplayable but in the game

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I don't even care if he's playable or a stage hazard as long as all this fighting over Ridley will finally be over x_x

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I don't even care if he's playable or a stage hazard as long as all this fighting over Ridley will finally be over x_x
If Ridley isn't playable then be ready to see that fight for several more years, but probably even worst since the people who don't want a playable Ridley will have a new argument.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
If Ridley isn't playable then be ready to see that fight for several more years, but probably even worst since the people who don't want a playable Ridley will have a new argument.
Oh dear,.......Well If there's fighting I'm ignoring it then.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The dreams of men never die!!!!

Ridley arguments will continue for years and years to come. Ridley has a fan base that will hang on until they're dead.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The dreams of men never die!!!!

Ridley arguments will continue for years and years to come. Ridley has a fan base that will hang on until they're dead.
And then we become Meta-Supporters.

Incidentally I'm sure there's a joke between Meta-Ridley and Mega Man...

HMMM. What would Mega Man get from defeating Ridley?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
"Because of Ridley, Mega Man is no longer in the game. Sorry."
"Also, we had to cut half of Villager, so he only has half a moveset now. We take it you're not going to miss having an Up-B?"

EDIT: Ninja'd. By ****ing 19 minutes. Really should check the most recent page.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know im a ridely support but forgive me but I found out something about ridleys size in other m (I swear I know ridley can be resized like the one on dark phazons picture of ridley and bowser on the battle field and I do know ridley still has a 50/50 from that pryosphere photo)

this is ridleys size in prime 3 right?

and I feeling guilty about what im about to show next

its mean other m ridley is very close to the size of meta ridley in prime 3

forgive me :crying:

To equal it out ridley and king k rool are almost the same size if you compare all of there sizes

Kamiko

Smash Ace
And then we become Meta-Supporters.

Incidentally I'm sure there's a joke between Meta-Ridley and Mega Man...

HMMM. What would Mega Man get from defeating Ridley?
The ability to grow huge.
Probably just some generic but super awesome fire shots.

EDIT:
this is ridleys size in prime 3 right?
Cosidering he's smaller in the actual fight later on, I'd say that's just more help for us. Also those two are still pretty different in size.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is Omega Ridley from Metroid Prime 3 when he's fully extended:

Even if he's some distance away from Samus in the picture, it's clear that he's a lot smaller than his previous appearance in the game. Contrary to popular belief Ridley does get sized down in his own games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Even if he's some distance away from Samus in the picture, it's clear that he's a lot smaller than his previous appearance in the game. Contrary to popular belief Ridley does get sized down in his own games.
If you pause the boss battle at one precise frame, you can tell that this is just dramatic lighting. It's a common film technique of which I have expert knowledge. Ridley is still too big.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If you pause the boss battle at one precise frame, you can tell that this is just dramatic lighting. It's a common film technique of which I have expert knowledge. Ridley is still too big.
Yes yes, I know, he still needs to be scaled down. I just needed an image to prove that Samus can't fit in his mouth in the Omega Ridley fight.

?????????????

Smash Master
If Ridley isn't playable in SSB4, then honestly...I'm not sure if I'll still support him in the future.

For me, it depends on the size of the roster in SSB4. Not having him playable in Brawl is justifiable, but at this point, I think Ridley is one of the glaringly obvious Nintendo characters to be added. If SSB4 really does have around 45ish characters...well, it'd be strange to have that many additions from Brawl, and yet none of them are Ridley. At that point, I would assume that Sakurai just has no interest in having more Metroid characters, and I guess that's understandable.

Of course, this isn't accounting for future Metroid installments. If the series continues to grow, and if Ridley continues to be important, there's still the possibility that something new comes about because of that.

The only point where I would be upset is if a new Metroid character OTHER than Ridley is chosen to be playable.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yes yes, I know, he still needs to be scaled down. I just needed an image to prove that Samus can't fit in his mouth in the Omega Ridley fight.
But...but...it's all about his size in relation to Samus! Or, um, it's in his character to be huge?

Hey, Shokio! Help me out! Give me something else to parrot!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well im 100% sure on one thing

I think sakurai is atleast trying to make ridley playable i mean in the blog about the work he does he trys to give what the fans want not by demand though

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Ridley isn't playable in SSB4, then honestly...I'm not sure if I'll still support him in the future.

For me, it depends on the size of the roster in SSB4. Not having him playable in Brawl is justifiable, but at this point, I think Ridley is one of the glaringly obvious Nintendo characters to be added. If SSB4 really does have around 45ish characters...well, it'd be strange to have that many additions from Brawl, and yet none of them are Ridley. At that point, I would assume that Sakurai just has no interest in having more Metroid characters, and I guess that's understandable.

Of course, this isn't accounting for future Metroid installments. If the series continues to grow, and if Ridley continues to be important, there's still the possibility that something new comes about because of that.

The only point where I would be upset is if a new Metroid character OTHER than Ridley is chosen to be playable.
I'm inclined to agree. I mean, I'll always support Ridley, but if he doesn't get in this time, I don't think he ever will. The pool of potential newcomers is shallow, and Ridley really is a big (haha) fish in a small pond. That being said, I still think he'll make it into SSB4, but on the off-chance he doesn't, I don't see it happening in future Smash games either. Especially since Sakurai's been said to look at Brawl popularity here, in addition to newer requests. If that doesn't get Ridley in, I fear the worst...

That being said, though, while I do feel it's a now or never scenario, I'm still hopeful of the "now" aspect. He'd be a really glaring omission.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I understood your post.

Regardless, this is not the Bayonetta thread.
I didn't even think there was one; Ima go support her. Fans who were mad at 2 for being Wii u exclusive would probably rage even better at her in smash. *disappears*

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm inclined to agree. I mean, I'll always support Ridley, but if he doesn't get in this time, I don't think he ever will. The pool of potential newcomers is shallow, and Ridley really is a big (haha) fish in a small pond. That being said, I still think he'll make it into SSB4, but on the off-chance he doesn't, I don't see it happening in future Smash games either. Especially since Sakurai's been said to look at Brawl popularity here, in addition to newer requests. If that doesn't get Ridley in, I fear the worst...

That being said, though, while I do feel it's a now or never scenario, I'm still hopeful of the "now" aspect. He'd be a really glaring omission.
Even if ridley fails again never give up ridley for ssb4 or ssb5
If ridley does not get in ssb5 im waving the white flag unless of coarse he made smash bros 4 as playable and kicked in 5 but oh please like that will happen if Ridley is playable

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As opposed to my investment in K. Rool, my investment in Ridley is not due to attachment to the character, but excitement that he'd be a great character to play as.

That said, I urge Ridley fans to not give up hope for him if he isn't playable this time. It's 100% Sakurai's fault if Ridley is absent, rather than any fault of the character himself, and once Sakurai leaves, Ridley's chances are returned to a blank slate with whatever new guy takes over. The wait will be excruciating, of course, but perseverance does pay off.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As opposed to my investment in K. Rool, my investment in Ridley is not due to attachment to the character, but excitement that he'd be a great character to play as.

That said, I urge Ridley fans to not give up hope for him if he isn't playable this time. It's 100% Sakurai's fault if Ridley is absent, rather than any fault of the character himself, and once Sakurai leaves, Ridley's chances are returned to a blank slate with whatever new guy takes over. The wait will be excruciating, of course, but perseverance does pay off.
Well reminder im sure sakurai is atleast trying to make ridley playable in my opion

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm the complete opposite there. I support K. Rool out from sheer potential, where as my Ridley passion comes from him being my favorite video game character of all-time.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
The ability to grow huge.
Probably just some generic but super awesome fire shots.

EDIT:

Cosidering he's smaller in the actual fight later on, I'd say that's just more help for us. Also those two are still pretty different in size.

I agree, Metroid needs other characters but Ridley is too big

Top Bottom