• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
was on miiverse again, to look at the quote, but had to leave because someone said

'how can people want ridley? have they not seen how big he is?!?'

again, I left, now i'm back.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ridley IS from Samus' past, as is Kraid. He's just as likely to be a hazard as Kraid. BUT, Ridley should and could be his own unique character.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Technically he still is.

He would have never been an enemy of Samus at all if he and the space pirates didn't invade her home and murder her parents.
He would just be a nice space dragon who loves to fish and play the piano, building this city on rock and roll with Zelda, Wolf, and Daroach.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ridley IS from Samus' past, as is Kraid. He's just as likely to be a hazard as Kraid. BUT, Ridley should and could be his own unique character.

Big emphasis on SHOULD...the monster should be either Mother Brain, Kraid, Phantoon, that ugly-ass Lava Monster...but Ridley needs to be a character, Sakurai! A CHARACTER!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
FurRidley would be a huge slap in the face to fans, it's not iconic and it's not the character we're asking for. Other M was an abomination.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
FurRidley would be a huge slap in the face to fans, it's not iconic and it's not the character we're asking for. Other M was an abomination.
It wouldn't even make SENSE. A lot of people want Ridley in one of the facts of him being able to float as well and glide.
Man, I really should get to watching Regular Show again.
Same.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Reassuring thought

The "enemy from Samus's past" is rising lava/acid?

D

Deleted member

Can someone think of a notable villain from Samus's past aside from Ridley?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Seriously...now that I'm thinking about it, Mother Brain as a goddamn stage hazard would rock so much!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can someone think of a notable villain from Samus's past aside from Ridley?
There really are no other notable ones, not one that goes as long back at least. Ridley is without a doubt the one he's referring to.

In either case, no matter what Ridley's role turns out to be it'll be a first from Sakurai's side. Sakurai has never hinted so strongly at a newcomer before, but neither has he outright confirmed something like a stage hazard without showing it in action at the same time. It's really all so confusing, it'll be good to get a night's sleep on top of all this.

Ryuma

Smash Rookie
There really are no other notable ones, not one that goes as long back at least. Ridley is without a doubt the one he's referring to.

In either case, no matter what Ridley's role turns out to be it'll be a first from Sakurai's side. Sakurai has never hinted so strongly at a newcomer before, but neither has he outright confirmed something like a stage hazard without showing it in action at the same time. It's really all so confusing, it'll be good to get a night's sleep on top of all this.
Well he kinda hinted at the yellow devil being a stage hazard, right ?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Kraid is hardly notable, he's appeared in three Metroid games with one being a remake and has little history with Samus herself. You're honestly fooling yourself if you think this enemy from Samus's past is not Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well he kinda hinted at the yellow devil being a stage hazard, right ?
But that went the other way around. If Ridley is a stage hazard then he literally confirms it without showing, which is a first. With Yellow Devil we know that he is in the game, but we're not totally sure on his role, even if he's most likely a stage hazard.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seriously...now that I'm thinking about it, Mother Brain as a goddamn stage hazard would rock so much!
It would be awesome, and I want a stage based on Mother Brain's room from Metroid and Super Metroid.

I'd rather have ANYTHING as a hazard on this new Other M stage than Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Dang, it really does look like Sakurai is referencing to Ridley. I wanted to believe it was Mother Brain, but turns out it isn't considering that Mother Brain only got cameos in Metroid: Other M.

The wait is going to be painful for Metroid fans.

Arteen

Smash Lord
The true enemy from Samus's past is not Ridley at all. Rather, it's the galactic federation's poor mental healthcare program that left Samus unable to manage her sudden bouts of PTSD.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If the enemy from Samus' past turns out to be rising acid, I will cry while laughing hard for so long.

Kind of like how Luigi does at the end of Luigi's Mansion.

Top Bottom