• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dunno, looks like Toon Link said "all aboard!" and Ridley hopped on the train to the deconfirmation station.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Holy crap. Did a nuke go off?

Everyones hiding in the Ridley thread..

GOOD JOB, SAKURAI AND HIS MEN WILL NEVER THINK TO LOOK HERE. IT'S TOO OBVIOUS.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'll give up on Sakurai making "the right" character choices if that is the case.

Personally I am getting a little bored of Sakurai's direction of the series, actually. Notice he peaked at the second game. About 10 years after his first game's release he began going backwards, much like what happened to him with Kirby. And look at Kirby now: the franchise's newest games are probably its' best, and all of those games have happened since Sakurai left. Perhaps the same thing could be true with Smash.

If Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS aren't a noticeable peak from Brawl with Namco Bandai developing them then I think Smash Bros. could use a new creative director.
Translation: I KNOW ALL, I DESERVE TO MAKE NINTENDO'S CHOICES, I'M ENTITLED TO THE GAMES I WANT, I NEED TO MAKE PEOPLE'S CAREER DECISIONS FOR MY ENJOYMENT!

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
That's your opinion.
I know that but many people here just bash the character designs in other M like there was something horribly wrong with it.

all that happened to ridley was that he got more muscular and a smaller head.

ridley in the old games looked like a big headed anorexic dragon.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I know that but many people here just bash the character designs in other M like there was something horribly wrong with it.

all that happened to ridley was that he got more muscular and a smaller head.

ridley in the old games looked like a big headed anorexic dragon.
Other M Ridley looked nothing like Ridley.

If in the new Zelda game Ganon was suddenly a small man with white anime hair, people might be a little opposed to it. God knows I would.

Just make a new villain. You already made the design, so why slap Ridley's name on this bastardized thing that started out as a Furby?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Translation: I KNOW ALL, I DESERVE TO MAKE NINTENDO'S CHOICES, I'M ENTITLED TO THE GAMES I WANT, I NEED TO MAKE PEOPLE'S CAREER DECISIONS FOR MY ENJOYMENT!
Actual translation: Brawl's gameplay was stupid, the gameplay direction was stupid, and spending most of the development time on the SSE was stupid.

Also, I am not "entitled" to anything financially but to freely earn money, inherit money, and spend it on my own stuff.

Stop putting words into my mouth you 300 post scrub, and stop pulling out your strawman arguments.

@ Opossum
I lost respect for you liking his post. Don't be an idiot, or I'll leak.

D

Deleted member

The thing is: If Other M version of Ridley is confirmed; Would the next complaint will be about his design?
Most likely yes since a lot of people don't like it. Heck, people complained about how Donkey Kong looks in SSB4...

Personally, I don't mind what the design is: I just want to see Ridley in the game in SOME form.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Actual translation: Brawl's gameplay was stupid, the gameplay direction was stupid, and spending most of the development time on the SSE was stupid.

Also, I am not "entitled" to anything financially but to freely earn money, inherit money, and spend it on my own stuff.

Stop putting words into my mouth you 300 post scrub, and stop pulling out your strawman arguments.
k

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Other M Ridley looked nothing like Ridley.

If in the new Zelda game Ganon was suddenly a small man with white anime hair, people might be a little opposed to it. God knows I would.

Just make a new villain. You already made the design, so why slap Ridley's name on this *******ized thing that started out as a Furby?
If you're going against the younger state of Ridley, I personally don't mind those forms, but I dislike the final form he took on in Other M.

And I wouldn't say he looks nothing like Ridley. He's still a big purple dragon with a long thin tail, though I do agree the design was greatly altered, and in a bad way.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If you're going against the younger state of Ridley, I personally don't mind those forms, but I dislike the final form he took on in Other M.

And I wouldn't say he looks nothing like Ridley. He's still a big purple dragon with a long thin tail, though I do agree the design was greatly altered, and in a bad way.
I pretty much despise his whole evolution in that game. He's a lizard. Lizards don't start as fuzzballs, and they tend not to have fur. Especially since his final form doesn't have any. (I think.)

Meh. If you'd shown me a picture of him with no context, I probably wouldn't've known it was s'posed to be Ridley.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fans of Ridley are resilient because they want to play as something awesome and will murder just to get their wish.
You mean you guys haven't already murdered to get your wish=??? :crazy:
Reassuring thought

The "enemy from Samus's past" is rising lava/acid?
That is the enemy all smash bros fans hate.
I very much disagree with every pixel in your post, but this isn't the place for this kind of argument.
Skyward Sword is a line; now follow it. :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

@ Opossum
I lost respect for you liking his post. Don't be an idiot, or I'll leak.
Here's an idea, let's not turn this into a Brawl rant or a Melee vs Brawl thing. This is the Ridley thread, let's try and stay away from all that.

All I'm going to say on this matter is that it's stupid in your opinion. Some people prefer Brawl's gameplay, just saying there.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So I guess now we're at the part where the common sheepSakurai Squad is accusing every Ridley supporter of being an ape**** or butthurt fanboy. Oh boy, here we go.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Did you ever stop and think that's WHY so many people like him?

And that's not all that changed, his facial structure changed, his eyes turned green and pupil less, and spikes now jet out of his limbs.
no because thats just stupid.
while it's entirely possible that people liked him for those traits I've never heard anyone say something LIKE
I really don't know anyone who would prefer a anorexic dragon to a more muscular one.

sorry but the reason most people hate the designs in other M is because of the other "faults" of the game(mainly the characterization of Samus)and they blindly hate on other parts of the game.
they all assumed samus was something that she wasn't.

If Other M was publicly excepted as a good game people would not blindly hate on the designs.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
You mean you guys haven't already murdered to get your wish=??? :crazy:
:troll:
Shh, but between you and me, I've been sacrificing goats and virgins every night in Sakurai's name, asking for Ridley to be a stage hazard.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Here's an idea, let's not turn this into a Brawl rant or a Melee vs Brawl thing. This is the Ridley thread, let's try and stay away from all that.

All I'm going to say on this matter is that it's stupid in your opinion. Some people prefer Brawl's gameplay, just saying there.
Just wait, he'll derail the thread even more by replying to your post :troll:

My personal stance on Ridley is indifferent but I wouldn't mind seeing him in. However, his slot is a tossup, and Sakurai's picture today made the tension rise even more.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I can't wait for Zero Suit Samus to be re-revealed with stage hazard Ridley in the background.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
while it's entirely possible that people liked him for those traits I've never heard anyone say something LIKE
I really don't know anyone who would prefer a anorexic dragon to a more muscular one.

sorry but the reason most people hate the designs in other M is because of the other "faults" of the game(mainly the characterization of Samus)and they blindly hate on other parts of the game.

If Other M was publicly excepted as a good game people would not blindly hate on the designs.
Not entirely true.

And I wouldn't mind him being muscular at all if his head didn't look bizarre compared to his original one, (not to mention it's comparable to a duck bill) and had those ugly spikes jetting out of his limbs.

As for Other M itself, I haven't played it, know very little about it, and I still dislike Ridley's design.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
sorry but the reason most people hate the designs in other M is because of the other "faults" of the game(mainly the characterization of Samus)and they blindly hate on other parts of the game.they all assumed samus was something that she wasn't.

No, most people hate on Ridley's design because it doesn't look like Ridley.

And anyone who enjoyed Other M (the most linear Metroid game that has ever existed with a characterization of Samus that goes against everything that has ever been shown about her) more than the others clearly either didn't play or didn't appreciate others such as Super, Fusion, or Prime.

Also, implying Other M has no faults.

Arteen

Smash Lord

Actually, no. A lot of the designs in Other M are just plain bad. We don't need pretend reasons to not like ugly things.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not; I'm turning this into a "developmental slumping ideas that went wrong in Brawl."

How is it even debatable that spending 60% of the development time was wasted on the SSE, or that Brawl's online was terrible=??? I mean, I get people being mad about my gameplay stuff (although Brawl definitely added a lot less than Smash 64 or Melee IMO), but c'mon, that stuff is not debatable really.

I didn't do Brawl vs. Melee, but rather, a comparison on what happened with the overall "freshness" of the franchise from game to game (to game). Really, it was more about a Kirby to Smash comparison anyways. I'm just saying that after 10 years of making a franchise Sakurai tends to "slump"... or at least that's what happened with Kirby. What also happened with Kirby is since 6 years after Sakurai left the franchise the franchise has been at its' best.

Maybe the fresh development team will help prevent history from repeating itself.
reading stuff on miiverse, it's just sad. 40% are like aww no ridley, 50% are celebrating no ridley and only like 10% stil think he's in.

it's really sad.
That's Nintendo's mostly stupid fanbase for you. :ohwell:

They probably want stupid characters with minimal character uniqueness potential like Waluigi, Toad,

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Still, this isn't the right place to talk about that.
Not yet, but I'm turning this into "slumping ideas that went/could go wrong with Smash Wii U and 3DS," and not having Ridley, probably the most potentially unique character, would definitely be chief among them.

Thus, I turned an off-topic conversation into the topic by making it on-topic! :grin: :psycho: :shades:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Not yet, but I'm turning this into "slumping ideas that went/could go wrong with Smash Wii U and 3DS," and not having Ridley, probably the most potentially unique character, would definitely be chief among them.

Thus, I turned an off-topic conversation into the topic by making it on-topic! :grin: :psycho: :shades:
I don't understand how Ridley would be particularly unique.
Enlighten me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't understand how Ridley would be particularly unique.
Enlighten me.
Ummm... he could change smash forever.

Grab in the air, be a "land launcher" who sends land characters in the air, be really weak on the ground/strong in the air, he could have grab chain combos in the air, etc.

Basically stuff no other top smash character candidate can do.

Pretty much Ridley could be to Smash Wii U and 3DS what Snake and Olimar are to Brawl and the Ice Climbers are to Melee: the most unique characters in the game who add dimensions that no other character does (which is exactly something that Smash Brothers could always use more of).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's Nintendo's mostly stupid fanbase for you. :ohwell:

They probably want stupid characters with minimal character uniqueness potential like Waluigi, Toad,
As I've said in the past, people hate anything that is interesting and want to masturbate to lame ass ideas.

Top Bottom