• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Our best hope is hoping someone leaks the roster.
Well... I dunno how likely it is to leak this early... previously it leaked in the months before release, not the year. And even if it did leak... we probably wouldn't believe it (or at least not above any other "leaked" roster).

Think about it, if pre-E3 someone had leaked a roster with Villager and WFT, and without Ridley, would you have believed them?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Well... I dunno how likely it is to leak this early... previously it leaked in the months before release, not the year. And even if it did leak... we probably wouldn't believe it (or at least not above any other "leaked" roster).

Think about it, if pre-E3 someone had leaked a roster with Villager and WFT, and without Ridley, would you have believed them?
I'd take it with a grain of salt but I wouldn't dismiss it.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'm going to say something here.

Ridley was in the original Super Smash Bros. as a stage cameo.

Ridley was in Melee's opening and was also a trophy.

Ridley was in Brawl in several ways (a boss 4 TIMES, trophy, sticker)

His roles get bigger every time. He's not going to be reverted to a mere stage hazard.
^ That it would be really lame, to show Ridley from being a big boss in Brawl to a stage hazard, for me it would be like downplay the character and his history. So someone was saying that maybe in this week or in Pax we could get a character reveal, for me is in the possibilities for a simple reason if Ridley is most wanted character in the west why not reveal him in one of the big stages of video games that happens in the west to excite more the fans than instead reveal him in Japan.

.n_n.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
^ That it would be really lame, to show Ridley from being a big boss in Brawl to a stage hazard, for me it would be like downplay the character and his history. So someone was saying that maybe in this week or in Pax we could get a character reveal, for me is in the possibilities for a simple reason if Ridley is most wanted character in the west why not reveal him in one of the big stages of video games that happens in the west to excite more the fans than instead reveal him in Japan.

.n_n.

That's how I am for Ridley and Porky Minch. I honestly couldn't care about Rayquaza or Petey Piranha, because they have minor roles in their own universe. BUT those two are the big baddies of their respective universe... it would be injustice to do such a thing.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meh.... Just stop posting until Ridley is confirmed/disconfirmed.

All this whining and pessimism is seriously unneeded. You don't see Oasis or JohnKnight or anyone else for that matter posting like that, although they are almost as much invested in Ridley.
I got the RIDLEY SMASH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT, and I'm not whining, I am confident this is the first sign of victory.

I said I'd shave my head the day Ridley is confirmed, and I shaved my head before that update!

Guys, that omen all but confirms Ridley according to the rules of man head shaving. It's just a scientific hokey-pokey (turn yourself around) FACT!!!

Those are the reasons I don't think this is a character reveal. Three times has Ridley been 'teased' and three times has he been unplayable. I don't believe in 'patterns' in SSB, but the difference is that no other characters get these hints and teases. Ridley is unique in that and it seperates him from the characters that do make playable.
Yes, the fact all the other characters would all inevitably add less to the game than Ridley makes them more worthy.

Clearly, your GameFAQs logic doesn't fail you.

#DoublePostDonExits

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Annnnnnnnnd I was right.

The thread is flooding.

That's how I am for Ridley and Porky Minch. I honestly couldn't care about Rayquaza or Petey Piranha, because they have minor roles in their own universe. BUT those two are the big baddies of their respective universe... it would be injustice to do such a thing.
This.

They didn't make Bowser or Ganondorf a boss or mere hazard, why would they do that to Ridley?

Porky, I don't mind personally, at least as a boss. It'd be a massive shame to make the main villain from a series a hazard.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It really is sad seeing so many people everywhere literally saying that Ridley is confirmed as a stage hazard. I honestly still think it can go either way, my opinion hasn't changed on that since I first saw the caption.

Just use John's shaved head as a counter-argument to all people who believe that Ridley is a stage hazard.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It really is sad seeing so many people everywhere literally saying that Ridley is confirmed as a stage hazard. I honestly still think it can go either way, my opinion hasn't changed on that since I first saw the caption.

Just use John's shaved head as a counter-argument to all people who believe that Ridley is a stage hazard.

Not EVERYONE thinks it. I'm checking the thread constantly to talk with people while my also-eager brother plays Minecraft whistling VS. Ridley. We're dedicated.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm going to say something here.

Ridley was in the original Super Smash Bros. as a stage cameo.

Ridley was in Melee's opening and was also a trophy.

Ridley was in Brawl in several ways (a boss 4 TIMES, trophy, sticker)

His roles get bigger every time. He's not going to be reverted to a mere stage hazard.
Agree that's one reason that the sakurai quote about the stage about Ridley makes it likly for playable than stage hazard. And its sad how people jump to conclusions about that quote and picture everyone thinks its going to deconfirmed Ridley or be a stage hazard. And not even thinking about it being playable all because of that Ridley is too big agreement

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Scary Thought 2.0

Announcing a beloved character from the Metroid series
Zero Suit Samus!
:troll:
:mad:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
YES!!! BELIEVE IN THE SHAVED HEAD!!!

I'll post pics once my allergic reaction to my shaver caused swelling and stuff goes away!!! :chuckle:

My head is even more sensitive to that than my face!!! :rotfl: :urg: :ohwell:
John, are you responding to these posts as you read them?
The champ responds to them however the champ feels fit to respond to them.
I'll be honest. I'll be extremely disappointed if Ridley doesn't make it. Really, I will be. But hopefully there will be reveals that offset my disappointment. I'm sure the game will be great anyway.
I'll be disappointed Ridley won't be in, but honestly, if either game is crap like Brawl again, it will be no-a-buy for me.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Scary Thought 2.0

Announcing a beloved character from the Metroid series
Zero Suit Samus!
:troll:
:mad:

WRONG! Obviously we'll see Kraid be the character!

wait a minute... "an enemy from Samus' past"... WHY HAVEN'T WE THOUGHT OF THIS? KRAID IS THE STAGE HAZARD ON PYROSPHERE!

Sakurai's playing us for fanatic flaming fools.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
remember, no tripping in smash 4!

wait, wasn't there some lava worm on this level? maybe that's the stage hazard

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
WRONG! Obviously we'll see Kraid be the character!

wait a minute... "an enemy from Samus' past"... WHY HAVEN'T WE THOUGHT OF THIS? KRAID IS THE STAGE HAZARD ON PYROSPHERE!

Sakurai's playing us for fanatic flaming fools.
Kraid hasn't appeared in a Metroid game since Super, I'm pretty sure, I know he was cut from Prime.

remember, no tripping in smash 4!

wait, wasn't there some lava worm on this level? maybe that's the stage hazard

That would be Vorash, but it's not in the Pyrosphere.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Kraid hasn't appeared in a Metroid game since Super, I'm pretty sure, I know he was cut from Prime.
Yes, that was indeed the point. From Samus' past. And also, wasn't Kraid a stage hazard in Melee?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

oh.

well maybe the stage WON'T have a hazard. maybe it'l be a fun stage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Obviously that's the PAST part.

I mean, Ridley's been in almost every game even in the present. He's not much of a "character from samus' past" now is he>

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wow, I actually made a post which made people think intelligently about Sakurai's wording... how will I follow it up?

I CAN TYPING!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I mean, Ridley's been in almost every game even in the present. He's not much of a "character from samus' past" now is he>
Technically he still is.

He would have never been an enemy of Samus at all if he and the space pirates didn't invade her home and murder her parents.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

Yes....yes he is. Just because he's a foe she has faced on several occasions does not mean he isn't from her past, considering everything he has done to her and the countless fights they've had. Kraid isn't even present in Other M anyhow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it's a different Ridley. Doesn't even know who Samus is

Top Bottom