• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They could also reveal Little Mac if they don't reveal Ridley as a character soon or he's a stage hazard. Always seen Little Mac as one of those early and obvious reveals.

Btw, we reached 10 pages of discussion today guys, good job!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
LAST MINUTE SUPPORT! If we believe hard enough, maybe our brainwaves will perform a headshot on Sakurai telling him to reveal him already! BELIEVE Y'ALL!

Oh, and there's literally 5 tabs each tilted "Victory Dance GIF" just waiting there... hopefully...​

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
reading stuff on miiverse, it's just sad. 40% are like aww no ridley, 50% are celebrating no ridley and only like 10% stil think he's in.

it's really sad.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I see a possible announcement timeline...

Ridley teased today
Small screenshots for a week
Then late August or Early September Ridley is revealed.

That would create a lot of speculation and hype, which would be beneficial to Nintendo.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There's no reason for this thread to exist if he gets disconfirmed, so yeah, it'd only be logical to burn it down. Though I'm definitely gonna miss this thread for sure if it turns out that way, it's my main hub at Smashboards, without this thread I might aswell just leave.
RealTalk.
Personally, I really liked Ridley's appearances in Brawl. He made for some awesome boss battles. He even came back as Meta Ridley, which was nice surprise for Prime fans.

Genuine question: For the "playable Ridley no matter what" crowd, would you be fine with this?

Or even this?
Those aint Ridley though....nice try.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post, but this is the daily picture:

Looks familiar, eh?
That would have been beatiful Embarrass

While i liked Norfair Stage, Sakurai will troll us revealing Ridley with another lava/acid level (Sector 3 of Other M) i would like a Elysia Stage along with Ridley, but i dont know, Ridley appears to love lava.
Sakuraiii!!!! youre a good :troll: But looks amazing, lets hope the stage isnt another rising lava one....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Was Olimar's confirmation mentioned in a Nintendo Direct? If not, then maybe its possible he could do a Ridley confirmation without one. I know the Wii Fit Trainer was unveiled outside a Direct.

Keep in mind though that if Ridley is confirmed, we also get a new trailer.

I would also like it if Ridley is confirmed that there is a jab at the "too big" meme, such as Ridley's confirmation tagline being (ie. Wii Fit Trainer weighs in) being "Ridley sizes up down the competition".

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Meh I don't believe in the one character per month theory, it would means that even if SSB4 was to come out in December 2014 we would have only 16 more characters announced for SSB4, including veterans no announced yet giving us a roster of 30 characters at the end.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Was Olimar's confirmation mentioned in a Nintendo Direct? If not, then maybe its possible he could do a Ridley confirmation without one. I know the Wii Fit Trainer was unveiled outside a Direct.

Keep in mind though that if Ridley is confirmed, we also get a new trailer.

I would also like it if Ridley is confirmed that there is a jab at the "too big" meme, such as Ridley's confirmation tagline being (ie. Wii Fit Trainer weighs in) being "Ridley sizes up down the competition".
I'm personally fond of "Ridley makes his big debut!" :awesome:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
His newcomer tagline should be

"Ridley's BIG Arrival"

Also seeing how epic the first three trailers were, I can't wait to see a possible Ridley one.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Meh I don't believe in the one character per month theory, it would means that even if SSB4 was to come out in December 2014 we would have only 16 more characters announced for SSB4, including veterans no announced yet giving us a roster of 30 characters at the end.
30 characters on the starting roster is plausible though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Ridley is only a stage hazard, it's a good thing that it was announced early on and not near the end.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
reading stuff on miiverse, it's just sad. 40% are like aww no ridley, 50% are celebrating no ridley and only like 10% stil think he's in.

it's really sad.
Hey, at least that means half of them want Ridley, even if they don't think he's in.

I think I should really get some sleep now. I'll look forward to insane amount of reading I'll be doing later.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Does anybody else eagerly await Gamescom news while listening to Mega Man 3's Snake Man Genesis Remix? It fits Ridley quite nicely.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've noticed non-native speakers are pretty often better with it than those who've been raised with it. I don't get how that keeps happening.
It's just this country. I was a prodigy when I was learning/was young and just came here. Then I got accustomed to being here/considering myself more from here then where I original hailed from, and I **** you not I failed every English course I ever took.

Seriously we're losing our jobs to machines in India.

Since we seem to finally be back to talking about Ridley himself, and his wings in particular, I guess I'll finally ask what I was planning seven-ish hours ago. Why do so many people want small wings?
It's a combination of nostalgia/love for the 2D games (you have to admit giant creature tiny wings is hilarious no matter how you slice it) and because it would be easier to work with as far as the wings getting in the way of his Smash model/self. I personally like his huge wings in Prime/Other M/Smash equally as much as his adorable chibi wings.

On another note, I can't be the only one thinking how sweet it's going to be if/when Ridley is confirmed to just rub it in all these naysayers faces. Seriously the hate is only making the thought even sweeter.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
F_ck me....took me 2 hours to catch and swim through that s_it pages....RealTalk...legs all numb and s_it...going shop grab some pringles, have a *** & play some gears....RealTalk

Peace.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

it's really sad.
Those are the same people whose most wanted newcomers are Waluigi, Ashley, Owain, and Tharja. Just putting that out there.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Those are the same people whose most wanted newcomers are Waluigi, Ashley, Owain, and Tharja. Just putting that out there.

Well, I do want Waluigi and Ashley... just not as much as Ridley, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Geno.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Miiverse character requests...

1. Geno
2. Insert Sonic Chracter
3. Insert Anime Character
4. Reggie
5. Obscure and undeserving character #1-25

I have a stroke everytime I go on there. My friends and I will check it everytime just for the lulz.

and painful stroke

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I actually really think the internet will explode and Smashboards will crash if Ridley is revealed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
...The plot thickens.

And September is an open month.

Have characters been revealed at the beginning of Months?

if Ridley was confirmed as playable I guess 2 characters in august the time will tell if ridley is playable or not 70% sure Ridley shown tomarrow as hazard are playable 30% this on Thursday or Friday I mean a stage got revealed then the day after a character that's what happen to olimar and luigi (olimar and the stage on the same day but its still the same)

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I have a feeling the who Ridley fiasco will be like the wuhu pilot island wing stage. At first we are teased, but then we get better info a week or two later. In the mean time, just keep calm and play other project M.

Top Bottom