• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

bobadz

Smash Ace
I know, Nintendo Land version is better, but the thing is, if sakurai would put nintendo land music or not, because Metroid Blast soundtrack is beautiful.
I know. I wish he'd just include the entire Metroid blast soundtrack

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
IIRC Battlefield and Garden of Hope have both been shown consecutively. Even if this stage isn't shown tomorrow, chances are we'll see it again sometime this week.
Alright. I think we'll see more of this stage this week.

Also, PAX Prime is soon, very early september, so a reveal any day is possible there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Nintendo doesn't reveal anything at Gamescon (which I doubt), I wouldn't hold much hope for PAX Prime. They usually don't have anything of note at any of the PAXs.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Try to be best
'Cause you're only a fan
and a fan's gotta learn to take it.
Try to believe
though the going gets rough
that he's got to hang tough to make it.
History repeats itself
Speak and he'll succeed,
never doubt he'll be the one
that grants all of your dreams!

YOU'RE THE BEST! AROUND!
RIDLEY DOESN'T NEED TO BE SIZED DOWN!
HE'S THE BEST! AROUND!
NOTHING'S GONNA KEEP OUR VOICES DOWN!
WE'RE THE BEST! AROUND!
RIDLEY'S GONNA TAKE THE CROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNYEAHEYEAH!

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Nintendo's presence at Gamescom and PAX has never been huge, but if there is a time to show off a newcomer with a big reveal, those would be the places. Also, there is always the Toyko Game Show next month too.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Ya, nintendo don't really do stuff at pax or com. They save all for directs and E3.

(As a sidenote, who here is curious or excited about Pokken Fighters Tournament?)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Man...this thread is STILL busy.

Just reveal Ridley already Sakurai! If he isn't in, I just want it over with. It's like getting a shot. It hurts at first, but it's quick and goes away. Unless the needle was infected and then I suffer from a nasty infection.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nintendo's presence at Gamescom and PAX has never been huge, but if there is a time to show off a newcomer with a big reveal, those would be the places. Also, there is always the Toyko Game Show next month too.

This could possibly mean 3 reveals, however. At the rate Sakurai's going, we'll only have 16 characters revealed! And that's no good!

bobadz

Smash Ace
Except Nintendo is never at TGS.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
If Nintendo doesn't reveal anything at Gamescon (which I doubt), I wouldn't hold much hope for PAX Prime. They usually don't have anything of note at any of the PAXs.
If I remember right, PAX (Or it was TGS or Gamescom) was one of the first times Brawl was playable.

Nintendo has more of a chance of revealing something at PAX, but chances are we won't get anything at either.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai didn't even mention Ridley (although we all knew who he was talking about) while he mentioned Viridi AND Cragalance by name on Miiverse. He also has adknowledged Ridley's large popularity (in Western regions) so him putting Rdiley in as a stage hazard would be the BIGGEST slap in the face. It just doesn't seem like he would snub Ridley again when there is so few "all-stars" left. this being said I think he is teasing something bigger than a stage hazard (Lol, I made a funny.)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Man...this thread is STILL busy.

Just reveal Ridley already Sakurai! If he isn't in, I just want it over with. It's like getting a shot. It hurts at first, but it's quick and goes away. Unless the needle was infected and then I suffer from a nasty infection.
I think Sakurai is having sweet dreams right now than to reveal anything, not being aware of all the ****storm he caused over at the West right now.

Isn't it like about 3 AM over at Japan as we speak?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Honestly Nintendo's been recently striking me as the type to do random reveals/hype things while remaining unorthodox in their own scheduled reveal methods.

Case in point, holding a Nintendo Direct rather than actually having (a main) presentation at E3.

Luigi's reveal hit me as something right the **** outta nowhere, even if it was obvious.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Sakurai is having sweet dreams right now than to reveal anything, not being aware off all the ****storm he caused over at the west right now. Isn't it like about 3 AM over at Japan? Don't quote me on this I'm probably waaaaay off the mark...
Yeah, we're definitely not getting anything more today. He probably just watched the Smash sites explode after posting that caption and laughed himself to sleep. :troll:

bobadz

Smash Ace
If I remember right, PAX (Or it was TGS or Gamescom) was one of the first times Brawl was playable.

Nintendo has more of a chance of revealing something at PAX, but chances are we won't get anything at either.
None of those it was the ill fated e 4 all.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Sakurai didn't even mention Ridley (although we all knew who he was talking about) while he mentioned Viridi AND Cragalance by name on Miiverse. He also has adknowledged Ridley's large popularity (in Western regions) so him putting Rdiley in as a stage hazard would be the BIGGEST slap in the face. It just doesn't seem like he would snub Ridley again when there is so few "all-stars" left. this being said I think he is teasing something bigger than a stage hazard (Lol, I made a funny.)
You know who else he acknowledged the popularity of?

#NeverForget

Also, Sakurai made Uprising. Of course he'd mention characters from that game by name.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really don't think we're going to see any characters revealed at any convention this year. Maybe next year, when they kick the promoting up a notch, but for now I think the promotional tie-ins and Nintendo Directs are our best bet.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
You know who else he acknowledged the popularity of?

#NeverForget
That's true but it just seems like Deoxys literally had the worst timing to be playable (Gen IV was right around the corner) and was outsted by Lucario. With Brawl, there was quite a few all-stars that people had been clamoring over for SO LONG (Diddy, Wario, MK, King Dedede, Wolf, etc.) With Samsh 4, the pool has significantly lessened for "all-stars" (I can only see Dixie, King K. Rool, Ridley and Toad as the few all-stars left). It just feels so wrong to out one of the most significant characters in Metroid history considering there are so few left. Hope for the best.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I really don't think we're going to see any characters revealed at any convention this year. Maybe next year, when they kick the promoting up a notch, but for now I think the promotional tie-ins and Nintendo Directs are our best bet.
This.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, so when Sakurai trolls other people, it's all fun and games... but when Sakurai trolls your people, it's mean-spirited?
Also, Sakurai really hasn't trolled any other popular character this hard. ROB was never thought very much of as a playable character prospect in Brawl, and in Brawl, most everyone here liked Ness. So pretty much I have no clue where your stupid statement is coming from.

But really Arc, you gotta stop waving your **** around at everyone else and pissing on everyone elses' parade.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
PAX Prime has more of a chance than Gamescom now, and TGS more than both, but probably just directs, tie-ins, and other random crap.

Our best hope is hoping someone leaks the roster.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm going to say something here.

Ridley was in the original Super Smash Bros. as a stage cameo.

Ridley was in Melee's opening and was also a trophy.

Ridley was in Brawl in several ways (a boss 4 TIMES, trophy, sticker)

His roles get bigger every time. He's not going to be reverted to a mere stage hazard.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It would be pretty weird if ZSS didn't return (not that I ever even entertained the thought) primarily because Samus still has the Zero Laser as her FS.

Still if she doesn't (and Ridley, for that matter), my avi about sums up my reaction.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
PAX Prime has more of a chance than Gamescom now, and TGS more than both, but probably just directs, tie-ins, and other random crap.

Our best hope is hoping someone leaks the roster.
We could see something like Brawl where the roster was leaked about a week before the game launched, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Im just waiting for CGI Samus to appear in the ridley trailer...
You might be waiting a long time then... :ohwell:

LOL I remember people actually thinking Deoxys was gonna be playable.
I don't think it was that unreasonable of an expectation to have. Deoxys was probably the most popular 3rd Gen Pokemon at that time who would be a feasible fighter. We'd gotten two new Pokemon reps in Melee, each gen had gotten a playable character so far, and we had two new gens since then (and nobody expected the Trainer) so at that time Deoxys's support was pretty grounded imo.

Though this is probably a discussion for another thread. Embarrass

Top Bottom