• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The Challenger approaching banner is back for me.
It's so weird,that I'm really concerned about why is it so,could be because Sakurai is working on it,but that's mostly my optimism.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
This is the third time Sakurai has hyped Ridley and I'm certain this is the third time he'll fail to deliver.

It's so weird,that I'm really concerned about why is it so,could be because Sakurai is working on it,but that's mostly my optimism.
It's not there for me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I see it now too. Let's hope it's an indication of good things to come, though I doubt it since when working with web you always test things locally and not on the actual site.

Edit: and now it's gone again...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah same for me actually. Maybe Sakurai is still working on the site as we speak. Maybe Ridley will show up as a newcomer in any second.... Hey, some optimism would be nice, he definitely should be playable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
To be honest, this glitch hasn't been happening earlier, and tell me I'm grasping at straws all you will, but it'd be a sick coincidence if it just happened to **** up right after Sakurai made such a comment.

Btw, it's back again now.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I honestly dont think He will be a stage hazard just because of how fair the stage looks, it looks like a competitive stage,

Or maybe its just me really hoping he is a character and not a stage hazard

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley being de-confirmed will easily kill any hype I had for Smash 4.

Sorry, but Brawl pretty much added every other Nintendo character that was worth it to be added.

I am already looking into hacking Brawl. There are some pretty nifty Brawl hacks for Ridley. I also want to hack in Mewtwo and Roy, and possibly add in one more hacked in character to replace Snake.

I am going to do what Sakurai won't.

The hacking process is pretty daunting though. However, having Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy alongside the rest of the Brawl cast (with the exception of like three Brawl characters) is already a perfect roster in my eyes.

Nintendo has been burning lots of bridges with me lately. Laziness with the 2D Marios, the abomination that was Other M, Skyward Sword being an extremely weak Zelda despite them spending five years on it (five years for a freaking Wii game), and turning FE into animu stuff.

I already had a depreciating interest in games (especially with all of the crap and bad trends going on with modern ones), however, I am glad that Sakurai will be giving us an answer as to what he plans to do with Ridley this time instead of having me wait until the game's release for it to happen.

The one silver lining to me if Ridley is de-confirmed is that I no longer will have to be exposed to the mass idiocy and fanboyism that makes up much of gaming communities. I am pretty much done with gaming, and won't have to spend a single minute of my time debating a brain dead fanbrat, let alone legions of them.

I am sure there will be loads of sychophants who will say making Ridley a NPC again was the right decision, but personally I won't care, because out of sight and out of mind.

One of the lessons I learned in life is that after you have people constantly disappoint you, you pretty much have to take matters into your own hands and do the job you expected of them yourself.

That is pretty much what my last grief about Smash Bros. is going to be, doing the job that I expected and wanted Sakurai to do, but didn't.

I know plenty of you will flame me for being "butthurt" or a "fanboy", but honestly Ridley was the one character I have been looking forward to for so long, and especially considering how few noteworthy Nintendo characters there are left that are even worthy to add in, I am not giving Sakurai the pass that I did with Brawl and Melee.

Sorry Sakurai, but demoting Ridley to a stage hazard as you have progressively given him a bigger role with each Smash Bros. game is a really bad move.

Feel free to PM me about links and tutorial for me to figure out how to hack these handful of characters into my copy of Brawl, and which hacks for Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy are the best (I already found a Roy hack that I particularly like).

I am really tired, and I sound kind disjointed or robotic, but honestly, I am glad that we will be getting closure about Ridley soon.

Hopefully, hacking characters into a copy of Brawl (disc) won't be as daunting as it so far looks to be.

Good riddance idiots and fanboys.

I am happy about those that did appreciate my works and writings, and I am sure there will be a few that will miss me, but honestly, my passion for Smash 4 was with Ridley, and pretty much just Ridley alone. I can't see any reason to look forward to the game with Ridley no longer a character prospect, especially with Brawl having added in pretty much every other character that I possibly could have been hyped about.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ah c'mon. I'd lie if I said I'd still be extremely hyped for SSB4 if Ridley really is a stage hazard, but there's absolutely no reason to throw in the towel before an official statement on his role. I won't give up hope until I read "Ridley will assault you on the Pyrosphere stage as a stage hazard" written by Sakurai. As of now it can still go either way, just giving up now is not right.

#SupportingRidleyToTheEnd!

Btw, the banner keeps disappearing and coming back up, but it's still in the site's source code when it's gone, so there's probably not too much to be found in it.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I honestly dont think He will be a stage hazard just because of how fair the stage looks, it looks like a competitive stage,

Or maybe its just me really hoping he is a character and not a stage hazard
I had a thought similar to this. I would be weird to see an otherwise competitively viable stage screwed up by a hazard as wild as Ridley.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ah c'mon. I'd lie if I said I'd still be extremely hyped for SSB4 if Ridley really is a stage hazard, but there's absolutely no reason to throw in the towel before an official statement on his role. I won't give up hope until I read "Ridley will assault you on the Pyrosphere stage as a stage hazard" written by Sakurai. As of now it can still go either way, just giving up now is not right.

#SupportingRidleyToTheEnd!
We will likely know before the end of this week. Sakurai likely knows the ****storm he caused, so he will likely be giving us a straight answer soon, for better or for worse. This is a man that has found the fountain of youth through fanboy tears. Why do you think this man is in his mid 40s yet still looks like a young man?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

Sorry, but Brawl pretty much added every other Nintendo character that was worth it to be added.

I am already looking into hacking Brawl. There are some pretty nifty Brawl hacks for Ridley. I also want to hack in Mewtwo and Roy, and possibly add in one more hacked in character to replace Snake.

The hacking process is pretty daunting though. However, having Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy alongside the rest of the Brawl cast (with the exception of like three Brawl characters) is already a perfect roster in my eyes.

Nintendo has been burning lots of bridges with me lately. Laziness with the 2D Marios, the abomination that was Other M, Skyward Sword being an extremely weak Zelda despite them spending five years on it (five years for a freaking Wii game), and turning FE into animu stuff.

I already had a depreciating interest in games (especially with all of the crap and bad trends going on with modern ones), however, I am glad that Sakurai will be giving us an answer as to what he plans to do with Ridley this time instead of having me wait until the game's release for it to happen.

The one silver lining to me if Ridley is de-confirmed is that I no longer will have to be exposed to the mass idiocy and fanboyism that makes up much of gaming communities. I am pretty much done with gaming, and won't have to spend a single minute of my time debating a brain dead fanbrat, let alone legions of them.

I am sure there will be loads of sychophants who will say making Ridley a NPC again was the right decision, but personally I won't care, because out of sight and out of mind.

One of the lessons I learned in life is that after you have people constantly disappoint you, you pretty much have to take matters into your own hands and do the job you expected of them yourself.

That is pretty much what my last grief about Smash Bros. is going to be, doing the job that I expected and wanted Sakurai to do, but didn't.

I know plenty of you will flame me for being "butthurt" or a "fanboy", but honestly Ridley was the one character I have been looking forward to for so long, and especially considering how few noteworthy Nintendo characters there are left that are even worthy to add in, I am not giving Sakurai the pass that I did with Brawl and Melee.

Sorry Sakurai, but demoting Ridley to a stage hazard as you have progressively given him a bigger role with each Smash Bros. game is a really bad move.

Feel free to PM me about links and tutorial for me to figure out how to hack these handful of characters into my copy of Brawl, and which hacks for Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy are the best (I already found a Roy hack that I particularly like).

I am really tired, and I sound kind disjointed or robotic, but honestly, I am glad that we will be getting closure about Ridley soon.

Hopefully, hacking characters into a copy of Brawl (disc) won't be as daunting as it so far looks to be.

I am happy about those that did appreciate my works and writings, and I am sure there will be a few that will miss me, but honestly, my passion for Smash 4 was with Ridley, and pretty much just Ridley alone. I can't see any reason to look forward to the game with Ridley no longer a character prospect, especially with Brawl having added in pretty much every other character that I possibly could have been hyped about.

Where did Sakurai say "Ridley will not be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS."? I'm sorry but if you won't buy a game just because one character MAY not be in it and leaving an entire site because of it too that is kind of childish, I apologize if that isn't what you mean but it certainly sounds like it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Where did Sakurai say "Ridley will not be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS."? I'm sorry but if you won't buy a game just because one character MAY not be in it and leaving an entire site because of it too that is kind of childish, I apologize if that isn't what you mean but it certainly sounds like it.
I don't care if its childish. Ridley's not just a game seller to me, he is a SYSTEM SELLER.

Every other character I wanted in Smash Bros. has already gotten in at this point.

Ridley is one of my favorite video game characters ever. I have an incredibly long history with him, and probably the closest attachment than any other video game antagonist.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I don't care if its childish. Ridley's not just a game seller to me, he is a SYSTEM SELLER.

Every other character I wanted in Smash Bros. has already gotten in at this point.

Ridley is one of my favorite video game characters ever. I have an incredibly long history with him, and probably the closest attachment than any other video game antagonist.
I love Ridley too, I've wanted him since Melee, but I certainly won't not buy Smash 4 over his de-confirmation.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hehehe, watch tomorrow be a picture of Bowser in a purple skin or an obscure shot of a photo with someone's foot sticking out of the picture.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I feel you. What did in Nintendo for me was when they attempted to not only charge my favorite LP'ers for their great videos (introducing me to games I would've never known existed if it weren't for them), but also attempting to stop the decade-old SSBM from being allowed at Evo altogether.

In your case, though... let's wait and see until official confirmation for Ridley's non-playability, yeah? Then you can make all the going-away speeches you want. :d Can't say I wouldn't do the same if Mewtwo was deconfirmed.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I love Ridley too, I've wanted him since Melee, but I certainly won't not buy Smash 4 over his de-confirmation.
Honestly, if Sakurai is too close-minded to put Ridley in, he will also exclude the likes of K. Rool/Dixie Kong for not being "relevant".

I think most of the popularly requested characters (aside from Mewtwo, Little Mac, and Chrom) won't be getting in. Chrom will also be a bitter pill amongst his fans since he will probably end up being to Ike as Toon Link was to Young Link.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm... The Challenges Approaching banner is popping up on my mobile as well.

I find myself to be in a very odd position. While I've always been supportive of Ridley, I was never invested in him.

I'll be disappointed, sure, but it won't be a deal breaker for me.

And Chrono, sorry to hear that....

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Honestly, if Sakurai is too close-minded to put Ridley in, he will also exclude the likes of K. Rool/Dixie Kong for not being "relevant".

I think most of the popularly requested characters (aside from Mewtwo, Little Mac, and Chrom) won't be getting in. Chrom will also be a bitter pill amongst his fans since he will probably end up being to Ike as Toon Link was to Young Link.
To be fair Dixie Kong will be appearing as a playable character in the new DKC game that releases later this year, even then I don't think relevancy matters to Sakurai, just look at Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers and even Captain Falcon and the Mother and Star Fox characters to a certain extent, it's always been about whether or not a character is "unique" enough to be in Smash.

I have to say that I think Little Mac and Mewtwo are really likely characters, and Chrom's appearance matters whether or not they choose Lucina as the Awakening rep.

Okay, now the banner is back. Sakurai, watchudoin'.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Calm down, my friend, calm down. Just because he does this to one character doesn't mean he would do it for every other character. (-_-)

And please, stop being so demoralising. :(

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace

if sakurai has "put in almost all of your wanted nintendo characters" than he is not very close minded now is he?

Arteen

Smash Lord

He's "close-minded" because he didn't put in the character you want? Surely you mean, "has a different opinion than I do" instead. Sakurai put in Wii Fit Trainer, a character no one expected, so I hardly call him close-minded.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In your case, though... let's wait and see until official confirmation for Ridley's non-playability, yeah? Then you can make all the going-away speeches you want. :d Can't say I wouldn't do the same if Mewtwo was deconfirmed.
I already said my peace. If Sakurai outright confirms Ridley as a stage hazard within the next few days, I won't have anything more to say, I will just leave.

I was also right that the Sakurai Defense Force would be flaming me for me being irked about Ridley not being playable. Predictable. Another plus for no longer having to deal with this fanbase are the synchophants.

D

Deleted member

I really hope that Ridley isn't a stage hazard instead of a fighter... I would be so disappointed. I mean, Ridley isn't THE most wanted newcomer for me, but he is incredibly deserving for SSB4.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I already said my peace. If Sakurai outright confirms Ridley as a stage hazard within the next few days, I won't have anything more to say, I will just leave.

I was also right that the Sakurai Defense Force would be flaming me for me being irked about Ridley not being playable. Predictable. Another plus for no longer having to deal with this fanbase are the synchophants.
stop complaining about everything and being a jerk to everyone for no reason...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Site. I don't actually think it's a hint to Ridley though, hasn't Sakurai kept the banner up since Olimar's reveal?
He removed it for a week I believe, then he revealed Luigi. People see it as a sign that once the banner is removed that we could be seeing a new character revealed sometime soon. I'm not sure how likely that is but it's possible I guess.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Hey Chrono, I doubt Sakarai's going to leave Ridley out this time due to his huge fan demand(being the most wanted newcomer) and still is reoccuring and important to Metroid. I highly doubt size will bother Sakarai at all when making him also. Sakarai knows that the Wii U is in trouble and SSB4 is one of the few games that will directly sell the system and what better way is there but to have Ridley in? Heck, I think Sakarai showed us today that Ridley is probably going to be playable and he will reveil him soon.

Arteen

Smash Lord

So everyone who disagrees with you or thinks you're being melodramatic is either an apologist or a sycophant?

Top Bottom