• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I REALLY don't want to scroll through 150 pages to see if this has been addressed, but I'm under the impression that Ridley is the most iconic Nintendo Villain yet to be playable in Smash. Am I wrong?
Well, that position is either K.Rool or Ridley depending on who you ask. Bowser Jr. is in the running as well, but not quite as close as those two.

All three should be added though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Damn....deep....deep...

Sorry Last Q:

How long after brawl released in Japan to UK/USA?
Brawl released 2 months later in US, and half a year later in Europe. The long wait from January to June was... unpleasant to say the least.

And no reason to apologize, I'm always up for answering questions.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel like I could argue that Ridley is more iconic than K. Rool, but really what is the point.
There's little point when it's been done already. It comes down to one being a more important and recurring villain within a smaller, lesser-selling series and the other being a less important and recurring villain within a larger, greater-selling series.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There's little point when it's been done already. It comes down to one being a more important and recurring villain within a smaller, lesser-selling series and the other being a less important and recurring villain within a larger, greater-selling series.
That or what Sakurai had for breakfast. Eggs? Ridley. Tost? K. Rool. Pancakes? Both. Cereal? Neither.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, it's a tough thing to tackle, but hey, Ridley and K. Rool supporters usually have each others' backs, so no point in even trying to argue it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

They said that Ridley is too big. How now brown cow!?
While I absolutely agree that Ridley isn't too big, it could easily be argued that Bowser isn't continuously that size in Smash. This does show, however, that even freakishly huge characters can still be reasonably functional even on small stages so Ridley would have to be absolutely ginormous to be wholly impractical.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Bringing up that "too scary" excuse we've heard about a month back now, I'm pretty sure next to Giga Bowser, Ridley looks about as scary as Randall Boggs.
Not to mention that he would most likely have his Other M design, which looks far more ridiculous than scary (even without being compared to Giga Bowser).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'd argue that Mewtwo is an antagonist going off of his "role" in Melee alone. If which is the case, he's definitely a bit more iconic over K. Ridley.
Iconic for smash history, or nintendo?

For Nintendo history as a whole, Ridley is older than mewtwo. I would think Mewtwo was more popular than Ridley during his era, but Mewtwo wasn't in the spotlight for at least 10 years, while Ridley continued to torment the metroid series.

Just because Mewtwo is being given love again now doesn't make me see him as more important to Nintendo than Ridley. I mean, which was in nintendo land?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After thinking about it.

I think Ridley should borrow the body build and the wings from Other M: while the face is more original or Super inspired. Know what I mean?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, I don't see why he has to be more muscular to be viable

D

Deleted member

He looks like he originated in the DKC cartoon or something, just without the singing...unless Gilbert Gottfried does that too.
......I swear, if I find clips of Gilbert Gottfried singing, I have to make a new Gilbert Gottfridley video using the Other M cutscene just because of this.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
......I swear, if I find clips of Gilbert Gottfried singing, I have to make a new Gilbert Gottfridley video using the Other M cutscene just because of this.

Here you go.

Get to it!

(And yes, that is Gilbert singing. I made sure of that)

Because that's what the other M build is
Yeah, but I never said he NEEDED it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You said he SHOULD, which implies he needs it to be viable

D

Deleted member

*Facepalm*

How did I forget Iago's song from Return of Jafar?

Only problem is that I would need clips of him singing without any other background noise for it to work.

I find your lack of logic....disturbing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Should
used as an auxiliary verb to indicate that an action is considered by the speaker to be obligatory

obligatory
required to be done

It's not logic. It's what he said

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*Facepalm*

How did I forget Iago's song from Return of Jafar?

Only problem is that I would need clips of him singing without any other background noise for it to work.
You could make a music video style video with clips from Other M. That could funny.

Okay. I guess I think it would be cool....

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yhyhyhyhyh...congrats everyone one 150 pages. What else is there to say?
Nothing? Other than Psycho can be a real buzzkill/party pooper at times (referring to the comment about the helmet mainly).

D

Deleted member

Should
used as an auxiliary verb to indicate that an action is considered by the speaker to be obligatory

obligatory
required to be done

It's not logic. It's what he said
Not only is it NOT logic, it's not what he said.

Saying something should happen =/= something is required to be viable. Not even your dictionary spree shows a degree of comparison to what was being said.

Swamp was saying that Ridley should have the muscular build within context of his personal desire.

Desire:
Used as a noun to express a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen

Wish:
Used as a conjugate verb to express a want for something that cannot or probably will not happen

I know English is not your first language, but it is unwise to argue what someone is saying without understanding the concept of proper context against someone who was born and raised with the language.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WHY THE HELL IS NO ONE TRYING TO SUCK ANGELGLORY'S **** FOR THE BEAUTIFUL IMAGE.

It makes me want to cry.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
WHY THE HELL IS NO ONE TRYING TO SUCK ANGELGLORY'S **** FOR THE BEAUTIFUL IMAGE.

It makes me want to cry.
believe it or not, I am actually tearing up right now.

I curled an eyelash. euenghh.

the image was good too, btw.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still think Golden should make the music video...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After thinking about it.

I think Ridley should borrow the body build and the wings from Other M: while the face is more original or Super inspired. Know what I mean?

I agree, after looking at the DoA picture I can see Sakurai using that design and cleaning it up like Samus' to look more appealing, especially when it comes to the face.

Top Bottom