• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If you're anything like me, you'll stop this video about 11 minutes in, when he starts talking about not wanting Dedede to return. :S
I was at least thinking about watching his video to counter argument it, but upon reading this then **** it, seems like the guy has no grasp of how things are done, who is deserving and who is not.

I wish people would quit making rosters where they remove and add based off of their ego. I personally despise Sonic, but removing him would be a catastrophe and should never be done, even if I don't like him he sure is deserving of making it in. I wish more people thought along those lines.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I was at least thinking about watching his video to counter argument it, but upon reading this then **** it, seems like the guy has no grasp of how things are done, who is deserving and who is not.

I wish people would quit making rosters where they remove and add based off of their ego. I personally despise Sonic, but removing him would be a catastrophe and should never be done, even if I don't like him he sure is deserving of making it in. I wish more people thought along those lines.
In his defense, he does specify that he wants Dedede removed out of his own dislike (a 'personal vendetta', as he calls it) for the character - he's not exactly saying Dedede's removal is logical or likely, so I can't really fault him for that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In his defense, he does specify that he wants Dedede removed out of his own dislike (a 'personal vendetta', as he calls it) for the character - he's not exactly saying Dedede's removal is logical or likely, so I can't really fault him for that.
Yeah, but again, why would you wish the removal of a completely unique character? Just look at Mewtwo, the guy sucked for the most part in Melee, but because he was a unique character some people mained a huge uproar was cause by his removal. If it could be avoided I wouldn't wish that to happen again for any character, even as much as I dislike characters like Ice Climbers I know some people out there love to play them, and thus I don't wish for them to be removed. It's just a matter of controlling your ego.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The fact that the guy made a video about Ridley being too big doesn't really bother me.'

It's all those likes he has...
Well it is the YouTube community, so...

Not only that but if anything size is more of a defining factor of bowser than it is to Ridley...RealTalk.
Ya know, I actually agree. Something I either forgot about or didn't think much of before, but yeah.

Yeah, but again, why would you wish the removal of a completely unique character? Just look at Mewtwo, the guy sucked for the most part in Melee, but because he was a unique character some people mained a huge uproar was cause by his removal. If it could be avoided I wouldn't wish that to happen again for any character, even as much as I dislike characters like Ice Climbers I know some people out there love to play them, and thus I don't wish for them to be removed. It's just a matter of controlling your ego.
And not being selfish.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What is also kinda funny, dumb and all that but pretty much still holds some weight is when someone wants a char in alot of the time its followed by ''Take out Y char he sucks no one likes him and replace him with X char''

I mean the chars added dont contradict the roster as a whole do they?

Like Because we wouldnt series like Mother/Starfox/Kirby wouldnt have more or atleast have the same ammount of reps as D.K & Metroid...i dunno its something i have alwayzzzzz thought about and i still do....

I mean anyone thats popular, unique and brings something to the series will get added right?

Unless its a char Sakurai chooses like Retro chars.

Reguardless of how selection is chosen me personally would perfer if it was fair for each series while still being realistic....

I mean...why hasent Metroid had any other reps....ultimately you could say i want a answer to this question...

''Why hasent Metroid had any reps...''

Why waz ZSS added?

Just for more female representation and a unique moveset?

I mean..uUgh..that it really?

Anyone can unique...the moves/weight/speed is given/made for them...

I mean who is to really say that they can give a accurate speed ranking of

D.K
Bowser
GanonD
DDD
Ike

In General......Ugh...i just dont understand...i really dont....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can that subject be dropped? It's disturbing Ridley, and he's not happy about it.

Aptly put. To change the subject, I propose a question. How exactly does everyone predict Ridley's playstyle will be?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm thinking that Ridley would be better in the air than on the ground, because we kind of lack a heavy aerial character. He has potential to be a character with a lot of range too because of his tail. However, he'd most likely be one of the easiest targets to hammer down, given his size, though he's not as bulky in his appearance as Bowser his positioning usually always takes up a lot of space in the Metroid games, especially on ground.

D

Deleted member

I kind of agree with that statement.
On the ground, I imagine him being slow and brutal.
In the air, I imagine him being fast and assaultive.

In the air is when he is most deadly, despite showing more power while grounded.
In fact, Ridley's prime goal is to stay in the air as long as possible. So he wants you to knock him into the air; that's when he'll essentially **** you.

CalumG

Smash Lord
To expand on the aerial gameplay idea; I think Ridley would benefit from being one of the few characters, alongside R.O.B., Snake, Mr. Game and Watch and a couple others, who do not enter a state of vulnerability in the air after using their recovery.

D

Deleted member

Let's just make Ridley a Samus clone.

(Actually, this is Samus' and Ridley's son, Scott Aran. :troll: And yes, I just made that part up.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I could probably come up with an excuse for this to exist. the space pirates clone ridley (again), but they messed up, infusing some of samus' DNA as well as ridley's. they then figure that this accidental human/chozo/whatever-ridley-is being is too weak, then they give it some cool power armor.

then the thing betrays the space pirates and opens up the game for co-op:troll:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Adam has not authorized the use of pictures or GIFs on this.

Ridley still seems a poor choice, there are so many other villains from the giant (and small) series that would be easier to implement.

I want Tetris piece playable!

Also Paula Deen! Her taunts would be racial slurs and her final smash would coat the stage in butter

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Adam has not authorized the use of pictures or GIFs on this.

Ridley still seems a poor choice, there are so many other villains from the giant (and small) series that would be easier to implement.

I want Tetris piece playable!

Also Paula Deen! Her taunts would be racial slurs and her final smash would coat the stage in butter
You're trolling the Ridley thread because...?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Adam gave him authorization to troll this thread

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I never said the beautful breathtaking IsmaR's pic is Dusclops...

Translation of Ultra cool Phazon London Slang...what i said/meant is.

IsmaR she always looks back at post very sneaky she watches all expecially me, thats sneaky and quick out the blue like a Dusclops using Shadow Sneak.
While that's a fair analysis, I like to think I'm slightly cuter than a Dusclops.

The fact that the guy made a video about Ridley being too big doesn't really bother me.'

It's all those likes he has...
I've liked plenty of terrible videos before. They make for good laughs.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Only time will tell if we get Ridley as playable since bowser was Ridley sized in Mario sunshine that's right you thought Mario 64 was the only game that big

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Only time will tell if we get Ridley as playable since bowser was Ridley sized in Mario sunshine that's right you thought Mario 64 was the only game that big
"Okay, okay, okay, BOWSER got resized. OLIMAR got resized.

Is Ridley BOWSER?

Is Ridley OLIMAR?

Ridley is big as s***."

--Shokio (who may or may not lurk this thread given that he stole Angelglory's size comparison from that thread)

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Aptly put. To change the subject, I propose a question. How exactly does everyone predict Ridley's playstyle will be?
I do. He'll be large, but not as large as his boss counterpart was in Brawl. He will be a bit quicker than Charizard and a bit heavier than DK. His power will be a bit higher than Bowser, and has good projectiles.

I'm making a moveset that I'll post later.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Before anyone says that those stats are unbalanced, keep in mind that they're basically the same buffs people want Mewtwo to have to make him viable. I'm all for Ridley having them from the start since he'll no doubt share Mewtwo's weakness of having a massive hurtbox.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How is ANY character hard to implement in ANY way?
Ridley haters see this as if we had to sacrifice souls.
It just a bunch of polygones and programming.
Hahaha lmfaooo RealTalk....
PeePz acting like were tryna bring a new law in & s_it loool.

Is Ridley BOWSER?

Is Ridley OLIMAR?

Ridley is big as s***."

--Shokio (who may or may not lurk this thread given that he stole Angelglory's size comparison from that thread)
That guy is ******** i saw that Vid....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Is Ridley BOWSER?

Is Ridley OLIMAR?

Ridley is big as s***."

amen to that I even know 2 links to how manys times has bowser ben resized and how many times ridley has ben resized

nessokman

Smash Lord
How is ANY character hard to implement in ANY way?
Ridley haters see this as if we had to sacrifice souls.
It just a bunch of polygones and programming.
1-Properly sizing him :-I

2.Finding a movesets not useless/broken that doesn't dissapoint his fans

It would take more time to implement. Time being something they DON'T have

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'd accept them using Charizard's model as a template (but slighty bigger) with a few hitbox, stat and animations changes for Ridley just to see him in the game.

D

Deleted member

a. "properly sizing him" doesn't take time at all.
b. "finding a moveset that is not useless/broken that doesn't disappoint fans" applies to all characters, not just Ridley. And even then, not everything ends up as intended.

Try again.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Sakurai & pretty much nintendo in general work to perfection there not gonna have a ******** wrong proportion looking glitchy char in there game when releasing it.

And anything reguarding movesets is not even worth discussing RealTalk...

Im sure the LoZ & PKMN fans are slitting there wrists because Mewtwo & GanonD sucked major **** in Melee & Brawl...

Sakurai said he could make it work...depends on how important he thinks Ridley is to be playable thats if he does at all despite him being mad popular also if he has the patience/time.

Thats what it ultimately boils down to imo.

No Bull* TOO BiG S_it....

I'd accept them using Charizard's model as a template (but slighty bigger) with a few hitbox, stat and animations changes for Ridley just to see him in the game.
Lmfaooooo you PeePz acting like Ridley would be the first Original Clone in Smash...LMFAOO is Ridley harder and longer to design then the SSE?

f_ck it put in Neo Ridley from Fusion he could be a mix clone of Samus & Charizard rip him sprite straight outta Fusion to please the Retro Metroid Fans and to stay true + it wont take as much time to add him because hes a clone.

nessokman

Smash Lord
a. "properly sizing him" doesn't take time at all.
b. "finding a moveset that is not useless/broken that doesn't disappoint fans" applies to all characters, not just Ridley. And even then, not everything ends up as intended.

Try again.
Technically, bowser hasn't been resized....look at the original bowser In the first mario, he isn't that much bigger than mario....Ridley is a villain in an obscure series.metroid is small and realistically will only need one character

Top Bottom