• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

nessokman

Smash Lord
ya I knows Wally West is the Kid Flash in the original Teen Titans comics so I just assume its him
speaking of Flash did you see the new Flash movie?
View attachment 1585
how did i not? Hmm...I got bored and watched the whole Teen Titans T.V series..god that series was fun. Lightspeed being my favorite

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Professor Zoom is awesome in it and I think i'm going off subject

if Ridley gets in I wonder if he would be a Fast or Slow character
Something i have been thinking too.

it could work either way without looking/feeling awkward.

Sakurai said slow...so...i would perfer slow and strong tbh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm now convinced that being a Ridley supporter is dangerous to your health, the amount of bad counter-arguments and illogical thinking you encounter on your way is likely to make you lose many brain cells.

As for the above subject, Sakurai already said he'd be on the slow side if he'd be in, and I don't really mind.

D

Deleted member

Technically, bowser hasn't been resized....look at the original bowser In the first mario, he isn't that much bigger than mario....Ridley is a villain in an obscure series.metroid is small and realistically will only need one character

Reznor

work in progress
I'm now convinced that being a Ridley supporter is dangerous to your health, the amount of bad counter-arguments and illogical thinking you encounter on your way is likely to make you lose many brain cells.

As for the above subject, Sakurai already said he'd be on the slow side if he'd be in, and I don't really mind.
but he might change his mind

D

Deleted member

Yay, more sarcasm to deal with.

64 was the beginning of 3D gameplay. Until then, Ridley was a 2D model, to large in the 3D world to make him a full fledged character.

Then we have melee's intro, which shows how big Ridley is is in the 3D world, much to large for a character in Melee.
In both games Ridley has been in prior to Smash 64, he wasn't "too big" by any stretch. If he was, then Bowser was way too big for Smash because of his most recent appearance in a main Mario game, Super Mario 64. He was very much bigger than Ridley was in Super Metroid.
Aside from that, there was literally no reason to include Ridley in 64 anyway, especially since ****ing Bowser and Ganondorf were not present.

In Melee's into, Ridley isn't that big.
He's definitely much smaller than Bowser's appearance in Super Mario 64.
Which by the way, was this:

That somehow got turned to this:

ALSO, there was no reason to include Ridley then either.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
but he might change his mind
Of course. However, I still think he'd be a character more so on the slow side, at least on the ground. Ridley has never really been very fast on ground, usually when he does a fast attack like his charge in Metroid Prime it takes some charging up to do. In the air he's usally very agile, and has quite some speed to him, the air has always felt like it's his domain, so I feel that he'd probably be fast and strong in the air, where as he'd be slow but devastating on the ground, like in the games.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's so dumb how people bring up that Ridley wasn't in 64 or Melee, instead of just Brawl. He had absolutely no business being in either game, lol. Brawl was his first real chance to get in Smash, and it's understandable why he wasn't playable considering who he was contending with. NOW though, few characters compare with Ridley as a top contender.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Even if Ridley gets confirmed these TOO BiG arguments wont stop.

I say if he gets confirmed we all fade into the mist. ''Vanish''
No way, we're gonna party so loud that they won't be able to fall asleep because of us!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nessokman is a terrible troll.

Just ignore him. He'll stop.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Been a Ridley supporter since the Brawl days, so put me down as one now. LOL at whoever said Metroid was an obscure series and the reaction to it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, I have to come clean. I give up.

nessokman is right. Vaztor is right. Mr. Lange is right. Those countless "idiots" I dismissed unfairly in the past were all right, and I bear every ounce of humility at this admission with a stiff upper lip.

Fact of the matter is, Ridley is too big. I don't know why I never saw it to begin with, but I came to a horrid realization not long ago.

Playable Ridley activists have taken the issue far beyond playable Ridley. They want to bring the issue into my life.

A storm is gathering, the clouds are dark, the wind is strong, and I am afraid.

But it's not too late to set things straight. Enlighten yourselves with this latest advertisement from the National Organization of Smash Bros. Canon to understand exactly why it is that playable Ridley cannot be allowed to devalue the sanctity of Smash canon.

I hope you'll join me in taking back our Smash Bros. Spread this video everywhere possible so that the playable Ridley issue will vanish back into the storm clouds from whence it came.

D

Deleted member

*Begins video*
*Hears Lion King OST music*

Already liking.

EDIT: My God, that is awesome satire.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768

nessokman is right. Vaztor is right. Mr. Lange is right. Those countless "idiots" I dismissed unfairly in the past were all right, and I bear every ounce of humility at this admission with a stiff upper lip.

Fact of the matter is, Ridley is too big. I don't know why I never saw it to begin with, but I came to a horrid realization not long ago.

Playable Ridley activists have taken the issue far beyond playable Ridley. They want to bring the issue into my life.

But it's not too late to set things straight. Enlighten yourselves with this latest advertisement from the National Organization of Smash Bros. Canon to understand exactly why it is that playable Ridley cannot be allowed to devalue the sanctity of Smash canon.

I hope you'll join me in taking back our Smash Bros. Spread this video everywhere possible so that the playable Ridley issue will vanish back into the storm clouds from whence it came.

*Shoots video in head*

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Took me a moment there to notice the Lion King bit, but that was... I'm speechless.

Gave it a 'like' on YouTube.
Since it was my first time seeing your profile there, I also liked your DKCR rant, particularly the part about Miyamoto near the end, having been reminded about it now...

Oh yeah, you should do a K. Rool version of that Gathering Storm vid sometime (you know, talk about the "K. Rool and Kremlings are still owned by Rare" thing the way you did with the too big meme).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

As YOUR UNDISPUTED RIDLEY SMASH WORLD CHAMPION, I proclaim this video...

*drum roll*

THE TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

GET OUT !! GET OUT !!
GET THE F_CK OUT !!

KILL HIM !!!

Z.jpeg

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Too bigotry is a thing now. There should be a notice about it in the op.

Also, if we end up with a slow Ridley, I think his attacks should start up slow, but then come out fast. So not Ike. Maybe his movements too?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
idk i liked the one where he claimed that games made by team ninja don't count in reality better.
So he's right about one thing then. Though it wasn't Team Ninja's efforts that made Other M horrendous, that rested solely on Sakamoto's below-3rd-grader writing and his bad directing.

Other M's still a decent game though.
If you could skip cutscenes then yes, it'd be a decent game, but still subpar by Metroid standards.

D

Deleted member

I was being sarcastic :/

you can't just say a game doesn't exits, let alone the DCK stuff.
I forgot how anti other M this place was lol

(not that i''ve even played it)
Oops, sorry for my misunderstanding. Embarrass

Top Bottom