• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Technically, bowser hasn't been resized....look at the original bowser In the first mario, he isn't that much bigger than mario....Ridley is a villain in an obscure series.metroid is small and realistically will only need one character
You're seriously using the original Mario game as an argument about Bowser's size....
while ignoring the original Metroid game?

Don't know whether troll or just ignorant.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd just assume anybody who says Bowser's never been resized and Metroid is an obscure series is either trolling very poorly or just not worth correcting. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

You better be implying that he will be moving the goalpost, because I certainly didn't. -_-

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd just assume anybody who says Bowser's never been resized and Metroid is an obscure series is either trolling very poorly or just not worth correcting. :rolleyes:
IDK, all I know about Metroid is that he can't crawl

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Technically, bowser hasn't been resized....look at the original bowser In the first mario, he isn't that much bigger than mario

Ridley is a villain in an obscure series.metroid is small and realistically will only need one character
"(Metroid Prime) was the second best-selling game of November 2002 in North America, behind only Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and hit 250,000 units in just one week. The game has since sold about 1.49 million copies in America, earning more than $50 million in revenue. It is also the eighth best-selling GameCube game in Australia, and sold more than 78,000 copies in Japan and more than 250,000 copies in Europe, thus entering the Player's Choice line in the PAL region."

Source

C'mon dude, your arguments are very weak.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I forgot how bad this guy's arguments were...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You better be implying that he will be moving the goalpost, because I certainly didn't. -_-
Yeah, the former...because whenever the original Metroid comes up, the anti-Ridleys claim it doesn't count, and that proof Ridley can be resized doesn't count unless it's on a medium that's not 'graphically limited.'

On that note, I have a Ridley-related project coming up for you all to enjoy, so keep on your toes. ;)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the former...because whenever the original Metroid comes up, the anti-Ridleys claim it doesn't count, and that proof Ridley can be resized doesn't count unless it's on a medium that's not 'graphically limited.'

On that note, I have a Ridley-related project coming up for you all to enjoy, so keep on your toes. ;)
Ah, ok.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Is it a MYM moveset? :awesome: Not sure if Ridley has one yet.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Lmfaooooo you PeePz acting like Ridley would be the first Original Clone in Smash...LMFAOO is Ridley harder and longer to design then the SSE?

f_ck it put in Neo Ridley from Fusion he could be a mix clone of Samus & Charizard rip him sprite straight outta Fusion to please the Retro Metroid Fans and to stay true + it wont take as much time to add him because hes a clone.
I don't think you understood my post.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Technically, bowser hasn't been resized....look at the original bowser In the first mario, he isn't that much bigger than mario....Ridley is a villain in an obscure series.metroid is small and realistically will only need one character
Metroid is a obscure series?
Dunno if your just being ignorant or a troll....

nessokman

Smash Lord
Metroid is a obscure series?
Dunno if your just being ignorant or a troll....
Metroid, ice climber, kid icarus,Mother and F-Zero are crap stains on the underpants of nintendo :/ nintendo doesn't care about them, not with Zelda and mario being as giant. Metroid isn't a well known series with low(ER) sales.Not to mention metroid hasn't had a REAL game in years.(other m being made by team ninja)

Reznor

work in progress
Metroid, ice climber, kid icarus,Mother and F-Zero are crap stains on the underpants of nintendo :/ nintendo doesn't care about them, not with Zelda and mario being as giant. Metroid isn't a well known series with low(ER) sales.Not to mention metroid hasn't had a REAL game in years.(other m being made by team ninja)
with this logic Donkey Kong country games aren't real DK game :glare:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We need to talk.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
You need to play Kid Icarus: Uprising, Metroid Prime 1-3, and F-Zero GX. Come back and edit that post afterwards. Those games are proud members of those franchises, and still are.

Some of my favorite games of all time, and favorited by so many other folks.

nessokman

Smash Lord
You need to play Kid Icarus: Uprising, Metroid Prime 1-3, and F-Zero GX. Come back and edit that post afterwards. Those games are proud members of those franchises, and still are.

Some of my favorite games of all time, and favorited by so many other folks.
I have many hours on Uprising, tied with fire emblem and animal crossing for my favorite games on 3DS. Metroid prime was released years ago...which is what i said -.-...F-Zero's last game was on the Gamecube. That's why there hasn't been a F-zero since GC, Why kid icarus was abandoned until sakurai got his hands on it? Otherwise we would have NEVER seen another KI game.

We need to talk.
*Insert Smart comment here*

with this logic Donkey Kong country games aren't real DK game :glare:
Team ninja isn''t nnintendo owned :I I don't know-or care for that matter-about donkey kong. Returns was horrible IMO.

D

Deleted member

And this is a prime example of why idiots should not have keyboards.

nessokman

Smash Lord
If sakurai didn't include ridley in 64 or melee, why smash 4 and 5? (he considers them 4 and 5) Melee was when metroid was in it's "Prime" (pun intended) That is a few years after super metroid, near the release of metroid prime and fusion. If he didn't give us ridley then, why now? Maybe when metroid is revived in 2018 MAYBE...(longest gap between metroids is 8 years FYI)

Reznor

work in progress
If sakurai didn't include ridley in 64 or melee, why smash 4 and 5? (he considers them 4 and 5) Melee was when metroid was in it's "Prime" (pun intended) That is a few years after super metroid, near the release of metroid prime and fusion. If he didn't give us ridley then, why now? Maybe when metroid is revived in 2018 MAYBE...(longest gap between metroids is 8 years FYI)
Metroid prime came out after Melee

diddy kong wasn't in 64 or Melee so why should we expect him to be in Brawl

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Well, Ridley was to large for Melee and 64's limitations. Wii's capabilities allowed Nintendo to at least make him a boss, but 3DS and Wii U could make him a character using today's thing called "Technology".

D

Deleted member

Well, Ridley was to large for Melee and 64's limitations. Wii's capabilities allowed Nintendo to at least make him a boss, but 3DS and Wii U could make him a character using today's thing called "Technology".
....are you ****ing serious?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well your right when you say they dont care about em....its a damn shame...
Imo Metroid>Zelda>Mario
But you are ******** if you think they are bad games...

Lmfao Sales=Good game are the worse PeePz of all....RealTalk....

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
....are you ****ing serious?
Yay, more sarcasm to deal with.

64 was the beginning of 3D gameplay. Until then, Ridley was a 2D model, to large in the 3D world to make him a full fledged character.

Then we have melee's intro, which shows how big Ridley is is in the 3D world, much to large for a character in Melee.

D

Deleted member

I think the biggest joke is that Star Fox is not listed among those series, yet Star Fox is farther behind the likes of Metroid and has three characters.

So yeah, either really bad troll, or just really big dumbass.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I think the biggest joke is that Star Fox is not listed among those series, yet Star Fox is farther behind the likes of Metroid and has three characters.

So yeah, either really bad troll, or just really big *******.
RealTalk.

nessokman

Smash Lord

Forgot it, I only played assault/64.....tried command but it made me want to kill myself it was so poorly done. Never bothered with adventures.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Now I like Star Fox but I definitely agree with you about that. If SF can have three characters, so can Metroid. In fact, I think three is a reasonable number for the Star Fox, Kirby, DK and Metroid franchises and they should look at making it that way.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I find these arguments amusing XD
I still don't want him playable, but this keeps me entertained :p

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yay, more sarcasm to deal with.

64 was the beginning of 3D gameplay. Until then, Ridley was a 2D model, to large in the 3D world to make him a full fledged character.

Then we have melee's intro, which shows how big Ridley is is in the 3D world, much to large for a character in Melee.
Owww man.....
Wasent Smash64 the first time chars like Ness & DK made it into 3D?

Owww man....this s_it is unreal...

Well thank god we got better technology i think a 25GB Disk is finally big enough to fit Ridley on in 3D.

Top Bottom