• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Being a big fan of Brawl in the Family I've seen it a bunch of times. Still love it :p

Reznor

work in progress
less ridley related, but probably also less seen,

I said ridley in the post, so I'm still on topic
that comic has every thing to do with ridley what are you talking about

smash4 it will be
no items Ridley only final destination

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Iconic for smash history, or nintendo?
Both. I think it's safe to even people who aren't gamers will know who Mewtwo is, if only from the anime/movies.

lolnintendoland

Dat Duckface. :troll:
believe it or not, I am actually tearing up right now.

I curled an eyelash. euenghh.

the image was good too, btw.

hey, don't cheat on Ismar.

also i'm a dude...
Ship it anyway.
We aint dating yet...dont worry its all good!

I had a pretty good joke but its best i dont.

IsmaR is on some next Dusclops Shadow Sneak mode xD its all good.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
oh is that a Dusclops ? Looks more Bayonet to me. If it's a pokemon at all.

I think that's my new favorite ridley pic though. def facebook profiling it if ridley confimed.

And Yeah, I guess there is more of a chance of a random off the street knowing mewtwo than Ridley.

(but that's just because ridley hasn't starred in any movies yet)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
oh is that a Dusclops ? Looks more Bayonet to me. If it's a pokemon at all.

I think that's my new favorite ridley pic though. def facebook profiling it if ridley confimed.

And Yeah, I guess there is more of a chance of a random off the street knowing mewtwo than Ridley.

(but that's just because ridley hasn't starred in any movies yet)
Yes it is Bayonet not dusclops :p When they make the obligatory gun with a face pokemon they'll go hand in hand
(And seriously guys it's BANETTE no ifs and/or buts about it!)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I know we've discussed how we all hate the idea of Ridley's Other M design being in SSB4, but I gotta ask, would it be too far out of the realm of possibility for a sort of Super Metroid/Other M design hybird? You know, things like Other M's beefy body structure, Super's natural tail instead of a spear on the end, Other M's nail and wing aesthetics with Super's proper toe-amount/wing coloring...

I certainly hope Sakurai won't just pull from Other M's Ridley design exactly just to match with Other M Samus. It just doesn't seem very likely that he'll reuse Brawl's design considering how he loves toying with character appearance between each game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd say at best we would get a hybrid leaning more towards Brawl/Other M Ridley than his original Super Metroid concept (hell I think Zero Mission /Prime are higher on the inspiration list, personally). I'm looking at Fox as far as how he keeps character's mostly in touch, albeit with more details.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'd say at best we would get a hybrid leaning more towards Brawl/Other M Ridley than his original Super Metroid concept (hell I think Zero Mission /Prime are higher on the inspiration list, personally). I'm looking at Fox as far as how he keeps character's mostly in touch, albeit with more details.
To clarify, the Brawl version is based on his appearance from Super Metroid and the entire time I'm referring to Brawl's model rather than the red Ridley artwork.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I consider Brawl Ridley to be the amalgamation of all previous incarnations (Meta Ridley was actually in the same boat, he took elements from Mecha Ridley in Zero Mission as well as having his own unique quirks here and there). When I hear Super Metroid, I think of his in-game model, not concept art.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yes it is Bayonet not dusclops :p When they make the obligatory gun with a face pokemon they'll go hand in hand
(And seriously guys it's BANETTE no ifs and/or buts about it!)
I never said the beautful breathtaking IsmaR's pic is Dusclops...

Translation of Ultra cool Phazon London Slang...what i said/meant is.

IsmaR she always looks back at post very sneaky she watches all expecially me, thats sneaky and quick out the blue like a Dusclops using Shadow Sneak.

But anyway yh i was thinking if Ridley or even Mewtwo get revealed i could go without no more spoilers till Release RealTalk but i still wanna hang on these Boards..but yh thats impossible...sigh......without spoilers.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm going to ninja BluePikmin11 here with this one probably...

wazzat ridley? you look a little green. need some pepto-bismol or something?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I hope Ridley gets in I mean lots of evidence and sakurais might attempt to do it because of request amount

Of coarse the bad news is if we do get Ridley its most likly to be the disgusting other m ridley

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
@Legend - Damn you killed it! That pic looks SICKKKK !!!

Hehehe and i thought the other m Ridley looked like a Hunter From Resi 1 that pic does more than anything

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm going to ninja BluePikmin11 here with this one probably...

-snip-

wazzat ridley? you look a little green. need some pepto-bismol or something?
Man, I wish they could use the Zero Mission design, it's challenging Super Metroid as my favorite Ridley design. Alas, there's absolutely no reason to use it other than it looks cool. Other than that the pose is a bit weird in that picture, I don't really dig how up-right his legs are.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The size argument is so tired and annoying. Bowser is much bigger than Mario in the main Super Mario games and yet that didn't stop the Smash team from putting him into the game.

Ridley is one of the three Nintendo characters that I feel are iconic to the company and are simply missing in a game like Smash. He needs to be in this one as Metroid deserves SOME love.

Reznor

work in progress
Guys, pack your bags. This guy just rendered all our support moot with his inarguable rant.

he just compared wanting Ridley to wanting goku or nartuo :glare:

what is he talking about you don't feel like Olimar is small I just googled gameplay of Pikimin hes smaller than a damn flower heck in Pikmin 2 there is a duracell battery that's bigger than him

I do agree with as lot of his other videos though

grizby2

Smash Lord
i always assumed that since olimar was on a different planet, all the plant life and some animals there were just bigger than he was....

Reznor

work in progress
i always assumed that since olimar was on a different planet, all the plant life and some animals there were just bigger than he was....
ya I think it is also but then I wonder why a Duracell battery on an alien planet

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Guys, pack your bags. This guy just rendered all our support moot with his inarguable rant.

*sigh* This wouldn't bother me if he wasn't inconsistent with his facts and tried to push his video as the end-all-be-all when it just reiterates points we've heard a thousands times with nothing new done with it. As an counterargument meant to prove Ridley can't be in the game it's pretty poorly done and wouldn't change anyone's mind.

CalumG

Smash Lord

This is the closest I've ever come to believing the "Ridley is too big" argument, if only because of this guys hilarious deliverance of it. I still don't buy it, but the guy gave me a good chuckle.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Not even playing that, because why would I want to give that guy's vid more views? lol @ a pic posted here being used in the still image though.

he just compared wanting Ridley to wanting goku or nartuo :glare:
So Ridley originated in an anime? Huh, news to me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The fact that the guy made a video about Ridley being too big doesn't really bother me.'

It's all those likes he has...

CalumG

Smash Lord
The fact that the guy made a video about Ridley being too big doesn't really bother me.'

It's all those likes he has...
Well, the guys funny, at least. I find his videos entertaining even though I disagree with almost every opinion he has on who should and shouldn't be playable in Smash :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, the guys funny, at least. I find his videos entertaining even though I disagree with almost every opinion he has on who should and shouldn't be playable in Smash :p
Out of curiosity, who does he think should be playable?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The size argument is so tired and annoying. Bowser is much bigger than Mario in the main Super Mario games and yet that didn't stop the Smash team from putting him into the game.

Ridley is one of the three Nintendo characters that I feel are iconic to the company and are simply missing in a game like Smash. He needs to be in this one as Metroid deserves SOME love.
Not only that but if anything size is more of a defining factor of bowser than it is to Ridley...RealTalk.

Lol he said ridley in metroid prime 2 as an example? Might want to double check that one guy
Lmfaooo epic fail....

CalumG

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, who does he think should be playable?
I can't remember the exact list of who he wanted playable - it's the characters he didn't want playable that stood out to me. He obviously has distaste for Ridley (yet wanted Dark Samus playable I believe?), thinks Pac-Man wouldn't work as a character and wants to see Sonic removed. Those are the three things that rustled my jimmies personally, although I think he stated he wanted to see Krystal and Ghirahim playable too and that Pokemon Trainer should have 2nd Gen starters instead of 1st Gen starters - all legitimate and popular opinions but not ones I can personally get on board with. :p

Top Bottom