• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This is how I feel Ridley should be revealed for Sm4sh to achieve maximum hype:

Samus is fighting Mario on the new Boxing Ring stage. As they fight, you keep seeing flashes of purple in the background and foreground. All of the hardcore Ridley fans will be freaking out by this point, as they know what's coming. After a few seconds, Samus defeats Mario, sending him flying off the cliff. Then, there's another big flash of purple and Samus is hit from behind by... WALUIGI. As Waluigi defeats Samus, the trailer flashes to Waluigi's intro screen, which says:

Expecting Ridley? Too bad, WALUIGI TIME!

As all of the Ridley fans start crying, Waluigi starts his victory dance. Suddenly, he is tapped on the shoulder by a big, scaly claw, turns around and sees Charizard Ridley in all his glory. Ridley's intro is titled: Ridley's Big Arrival.
A Poem and a half.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well its likely ridley is getting in due to request and everybody is wrong about size since a ton of characters got resized I mean olimars real size is 1/4 of a gamecube disc

and everyone forgetting something if ssb4 gets the other m design samus wounden't that mean we get this ridley

and not this one/meta

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think it'd be fun if Meta Ridley was a traditional boss fight still and that throughout the fight the metallic pieces would get knocked off until only normal Ridley remains, thus initiating round 2 of the battle.

And then, y'know, unlocking him afterwards.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think it'd be fun if Meta Ridley was a traditional boss fight still and that throughout the fight the metallic pieces would get knocked off until only normal Ridley remains, thus initiating round 2 of the battle.

After a poison mushroom hits him then yes i 100/ agree.

PS: Meta Ridley looks too sick.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
How much will you take to rent out one Useful Too Big Idiot?

Get yer own controversial detractors!

K.Rool should be happy that he doesn't really have any strong case against him. Except that if he doesn't get in this time it's gonna be super surprising and disappointing. I was kind of thinking he'd be one of the first newcomers revealed, but... Y'know. Wii Fit Trainer. :p

Maybe Meta Ridley will be a nefarious creation of Baron von Roolenstein...? I wanna see them team up!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
All of DK's bananas.

Also, no real reason I was thinking of this, but the Game Boy is the only Nintendo console Ridley hasn't made even the most minor appearance on isn't it (and Virtual Boy if you count that but not even Nintendo does so I mean you know).

He's already appeared on the 3DS with that Dead or Alive game, as well as the Wii U in Nintendo Land.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
well its likely ridley is getting in due to request and everybody is wrong about size since a ton of characters got resized I mean olimars real size is 1/4 of a gamecube disc

and everyone forgetting something if ssb4 gets the other m design samus wounden't that mean we get this ridley

and not this one/meta
Geez, I never noticed how horrendous his Other M version looked. I know it's not the original Ridley, but that...alright, just gonna say the only thing I like is the wings. The rest just looks weird.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
All of DK's bananas.

Also, no real reason I was thinking of this, but the Game Boy is the only Nintendo console Ridley hasn't made even the most minor appearance on isn't it (and Virtual Boy if you count that but not even Nintendo does so I mean you know).

He's already appeared on the 3DS with that Dead or Alive game, as well as the Wii U in Nintendo Land.

Wasn't he in Metroid Fusion? With that weird axe beak?

Or do you mean the original Game Boy?

Edit: Reading over it, yeah, of course that's what you meant. I guess the only Metroid game that really came out on the original uncolored GB was Metroid II, which kind of gets ignored on the whole.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

And I guess Meta-Ridley is slower when fighting him because of the heavy armor and stuff, but when he loses it and becomes his normal self he becomes considerably faster, like Zod in Man of Steel or something.

If I could, I would let you have all or most of 'em. When you think about it though, the K. Rool thread getting more views and posts is more enjoyable in the sense that most of it is from people usually supporting him and not because of a few supporters arguing with some detractors like here half the time. I'd rather keep up with a thread that has more of the former. Guess it also helps that K. Rool doesn't have a form that's universally deemed ugly like Other M Ridley, so people are fine with pretty much any version of the Kremling leader.

@ qdMbp: I think he means the original Game Boy because you know, Metroid II.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
And I guess Meta-Ridley is slower when fighting him because of the heavy armor and stuff, but when he loses it and becomes his normal self he becomes considerably faster, like Zod in Man of Steel or something.

If I could, I would let you have all or most of 'em. When you think about it though, the K. Rool thread getting more views and posts is more enjoyable in the sense that most of it is from people usually supporting him and not because of a few supporters arguing with some detractors like here half the time. I'd rather keep up with a thread that has more of the former. Guess it also helps that K. Rool doesn't have a form that's universally deemed ugly like Other M Ridley, so people are fine with pretty much any version of the Kremling leader.

@ qdMbp: I think he means the original Game Boy because you know, Metroid II.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking-- Very traditional slow-boss form that transforms into the more playable form. And he doesn't have to be huge as meta-Ridley or anything, it's not like Master Hand is a gigantic beast.

I don't really know why, but I find visiting the K.Rool thread really boring. Nothing really happens there... I really support the guy though, of course. It's just that seeing musical clips from the cartoon can only entertain me so many times before I move on. :p

Metroid II is actually pretty important to the series since it's where the baby metroid is introduced, but it's never seen a remake. I think it's because it somehow comes off as the least Metroid-y Metroid, since it's more about completing enough sidequests until you can move on instead of pure exploration.

D

Deleted member

Didn't say he was dramatically smaller, but yes, Ridley is still smaller.

He may not "seem" smaller to you, but he is. Compare the image earlier in the thread where Ridley prepares to charge a fireball to hit Samus point-blank in Other M to an image where he is doing so in DoA:D, and you'll notice a fair difference.

EDIT: The above comparison of yours is not a good one.
The image from Other M's side makes Ridley look smaller than he actually is in that game.

EDIT2: Or here, let me put it in perspective;
Ryu Hayabusa is shorter than Power Suit Samus by around a foot, yet he is larger in comparison to Samus in Ridley's grasp between the two games.
Even if it's not that drastic of a difference to where someone like you could say he's the same size at first glance, Ridley is smaller in DoA:D.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No, I agree, I've often looked at the DoA Ridley and hoped we got a version that looked more like that than the one from the actual game. He's also not as blindingly purple?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Maybe it's just me, but Ridley looks better in this picture then he did in Other M. The beak still looks bad but something about the way they made his model here looks less disjointed and awkward then the original in game model.
Ugh...thats really ugly...
@qd More likr Pink...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The sparkly effects make me think of My Little Ridley: Metroids Are Magic! or something along those lines.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If I could use any phrase to describe the awesomeness of those pictures, it would be 'larger than life'

but that's an overdone joke so I wouldn't really.

Igneous42

Smash Ace

and not this one/meta
Urgh looking at those pictures makes me sad. Chances are if Ridely does finally make it he'll use the awful Other M look. It's even worse looking than I remember like holy **** that's bad. Ridely is my most wanted character but I hope to all that is holy he has alt costumes or doesn't use the Other M skin. I'd Prefer Meta-Ridley over normal Ridley personally but anything other than the Other M skin would be great. To bad that is probably what they'll use.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Classic Ridley, red color palette swap is what I would want to play as.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, once Ridley is confirmed I sure will miss all this hilariously funny posts and meme's people make about Ridley.

But it would be great if he was finally confirmed, just kinda gonna miss all these funny stuff people came up with during the course of his support. :p

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
You know, once Ridley is confirmed I sure will miss all this hilariously funny posts and meme's people make about Ridley.

But it would be great if he was finally confirmed, just kinda gonna miss all these funny stuff people came up with during the course of his support. :p

We'll just be able to make memes from actual screen shots of him in gameplay! :awesome:

CalumG

Smash Lord
There definitely needs to be an event match in the game titled "Too Big!" in which you fight against a Ridley with a permanent Super Mushroom.

Also am I the only one who likes the Other M design? All I see is hate.

Top Bottom