• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
>enters thread
>see people talking about remembah muh guy
>leaves

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anthony sorta has to do with Ridley. :216:
Samus uses her OM design, after all. :142:
And Ghirahim is a villain. My point being they're not the subject of this thread, aren't directly affecting each other's chances (unless officially confirmed/stated otherwise), and come up way too often here.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Not sure if AndreaAC will approve of that...
Or grab another GIF of someone jumping from a really high height because of that...
The many mysteries. :216:
Um....why did you say that? I do not even like Ghirahim or Anthony.

I only wait for Ridley.
Eeeeeeahaha! Everyone will fall before before the might of the cunning god of death! His claws and fangs will run red with blood, and their pants will run dark with bladder fluids!

EDIT:
AND BOWSER, RIDLEY WILL HAVE ALL THE PRINCESSES. ALL OF THEM. THATS WHAT DRAGONS DO.

Um....

So....we are going to become the Mercyless Artist of Evil or....?

Ok. too much evil plotting for a day....back to tracing Ridley and his handsome face.....

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
That's cool.
I wasn't. :demon:
Oh, the gore-ious perils I could conjure with a mere swipe of my arm, a flick of my pencil. I can project the death and gloom behind my eyes on paper, give it shape, give it life only to take it all away! It makes me feel so, so deliciously EVIL even though I am just a guy drawing stuff!
BAHAHAHAHA!

I don't think the internet would survive Ridley and Mewtwo together, nevermind K. Rool being in the trailer too.
I don't think they would survive either. I honestly think the whole internet would die and explode in happiness. K.Rool being in would be even bigger icing on the cake and create more explosions. I like it!

Imagine how all the reaction videos on youtube would be like. I bet like the megaman reaction trailers but twice or even triple the excitement. Let alone, how many their would be. I bet a lot.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Though theoretically, if a Direct were announced on the 20th, would we think that means they're finally going to show off Boss Ridley, or reveal a playable Ridley?
I know everyone is going to say playable Ridley, but I don't feel like Sakurai particularly cares about a playable Ridley, so I'll say boss Ridley, and then cry when that happens.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I predict that sometime next week, probably the 12th or later. We will either get a direct or a robin livestream.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I know everyone is going to say playable Ridley, but I don't feel like Sakurai particularly cares about a playable Ridley, so I'll say boss Ridley, and then cry when that happens.
This gets me thinking. I wonder if Sakurai embraces the challenge of making a playable Ridley? It's easy to make a boss Ridley, but a playable one is definitely a bit more challenging and I think Sakurai would like that challenge. Then again, I don't know much about him other than he's a master troll.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Just a few more days guys. Skura is my uncle and he told my dad to tell my grandpa to tell the president to tell me. Emiley is being reveled on 'gust 6x2

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
This gets me thinking. I wonder if Sakurai embraces the challenge of making a playable Ridley? It's easy to make a boss Ridley, but a playable one is definitely a bit more challenging and I think Sakurai would like that challenge. Then again, I don't know much about him other than he's a master troll.
Making Captain Falcon and Fox playable for Smash 64 was probably just as difficult.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
If there really is going to be an announcement / direct on the 12th, it'll have to be either tomorrow or Monday when it'd be announced. So basically just Monday because there isn't a PotD tomorrow, and if there's going to be a smash direct I'm expecting it in a PotD.

He could always pull something like he did with Robin and Lucina, but there was an entire weekend between the announcement and the reveal. Time's getting slimmer.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So the next big (huehuehue) date is Monday. After that it's the 20th right? The Pyrosphere reveal anniversary. Knowing Sakurai that could be the day.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
So the next big (huehuehue) date is Monday. After that it's the 20th right? The Pyrosphere reveal anniversary. Knowing Sakurai that could be the day.
Knowing Sakurai, he's going to pull a completely different Metroid character out of his ***.

That's what scares me the most. We're talking about Sakurai here.

Hell. We could end up getting a Chozo as a playable character. Or a Metroid somehow..

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Knowing Sakurai, he's going to pull a completely different Metroid character out of his ***.

Yea. I have a good feeling though. Kinda crazy it only feels like yesterday when we had the Hyrule Warriors direct. Time is flying by for me. Even with the days flying by the wait is killing me. Sakurai pls. I want my purple pirate space dragon!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

?
The guy who likes to please fans? The guy who teased the guy we want?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
:falco:That's what worries me the most.:falcomelee:
Yup, this is Sakurai.

The man who made R.O.B. relevant and made Mr. Game & Watch come into existence for no good reason. And I love it.
(Seriously, there wasn't even a specific :gawmelee: until Melee, and by then the G&W Series was dead and now we just call the other Playable People on the Game & Watch platforms "Flat-Zoners".)
For all we know, SA-X could be playable (even though they technically ARE, since Samus and ZSSamus exist in the same place) or even That-One-Lava-Guy-with-Suns-for-Hands-from-Prime-I-Forget-The-Number-I-think-it's-Prime-3 could be playable.

But all eyes are on Ridley, and I don't even think Sakurai would pull a troll on this one.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Hell. We could end up getting a Chozo as a playable character.
Eh, I wouldn't worry. Sakurai isn't going to include/exclude a character no one expects because "lolrandom". Even Villager and Wii Fit Trainer had some games under their belts and could be considered a major part of Nintendo history.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
?
The guy who likes to please fans? The guy who teased the guy we want?
The guy who added Robin instead of Chrom. (Which I don't mind, but I'm sure a lot of Chrom fans did.) The guy who added R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and Wii Fit Trainer.

Sort of :4greninja:'d.....

Either way, my point has been made.

I don't dislike Sakurai for any decisions he's made. I'm just saying, he's unpredictable.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
CommaderRidley.PNG

Lady, I don't care what you use, Just. Wreck. Havoc~

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
The guy who added Robin instead of Chrom. (Which I don't mind.) But I'm sure a lot of Chrom fans did. The guy who added R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and Wii Fit Trainer.

Sort of :4greninja:'d.....

Either way, my point has been made.
Pssssssst, tell them all this

Robin is more important than Chrom in fire emblem awakening

Sssssssh don't tell.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Pssssssst, tell them all this

Robin is more important than Chrom in fire emblem awakening

Sssssssh don't tell.
There are better places to take a nap on the ground, Chrom. :094:
But this isn't the thread to discuss Chrom's ground-nap. Back to our Purple, Menacing Pterodactyl. :142:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
How would y'all react if this trailer had a veteran (Metaknight) fighting newcomer clone Rundas and newcomer original Ridley?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
How would y'all react if this trailer had a veteran (Metaknight) fighting newcomer clone Rundas and newcomer original Ridley?
I think I mentioned Meta Knight vs Ridley before, but Rundas, even as a clone, would be amazing.:4falcon: I don't know though. His body is kinda weird.

Last edited:

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
It would, but then if the direct ended up announcing Ridley I think that'd make it better again. If I were gonna rise from the grave for something, this would be one of those things.
Ridley is in Smash Bros.
Fact#1 The dragon in the trailer is Meta Ridley from Metriod other M.
Fact#2 Each trophy show cased in the 'whos that Pokemon' segment of the direct linked to a new character.King Kihunter was a trophy and the best new Metroid character would be Ridley.
Fact#3 Sakuri is a complete troll. He was a troll at the begining of Greninja's trailer cause he knows we thought it was Mewtwo and its now a popular meme. He was a troll but cutting Chrom from the cast (Chrom was going to be in the game, but he was cut mid-development and replaced by Lucinia. He trolled me so hard when he deconfirmed ZZS only to be a troll. Sakuria wants us to think Ridley's not in the game when SURPRISE he is. Bet.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
The troll is real. He loves making the fans pay for what they've done to him

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
He did acknowledged that before.

Whether or not he would like that for the result, I say yes due to how much people wanting that. Tough, I don't think it could be known unless he talks a lot after we know (I mean even if deconfirmed which so far, doesn't make sense).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ridley is in Smash Bros.
Fact #1; The dragon in the trailer is Meta Ridley from Metroid Other M.

Fact #2; Each Trophy showcased in the 'Trophy Quiz' segment of the direct linked to a new character. King Kihunter was a trophy and the best new Metroid character would be Ridley.

Fact #3; Sakurai is a complete troll. He was a troll at the begining of Greninja's trailer cause he knows we thought it was Mewtwo and its now a popular meme. He was a troll but cutting Chrom from the cast (Chrom was planned to be in the game, but the idea was scrapped and Sakurai chose Robin instead).

He trolled me so hard when he deconfirmed ZSSamus only to be a troll. Sakurai wants us to think Ridley's not in the game when, SURPRISE, he is. Bet.
I'm sorry, but I HAD to patch this up.
Also, Dragon in the Trailer? What Trailer? Is Meta Ridley even in Other M?

Top Bottom