• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley is in Smash Bros.
Fact#1 The dragon in the trailer is Meta Ridley from Metriod other M.
Fact#2 Each trophy show cased in the 'whos that Pokemon' segment of the direct linked to a new character.King Kihunter was a trophy and the best new Metroid character would be Ridley.
Fact#3 Sakuri is a complete troll. He was a troll at the begining of Greninja's trailer cause he knows we thought it was Mewtwo and its now a popular meme. He was a troll but cutting Chrom from the cast (Chrom was going to be in the game, but he was cut mid-development and replaced by Lucinia. He trolled me so hard when he deconfirmed ZZS only to be a troll. Sakuria wants us to think Ridley's not in the game when SURPRISE he is. Bet.
I'm the guy who wrote the Ridley analysis section for week in review #29, and I've been following Ridley since 2006. I know the facts :p

Fact 1 is irrelevant for playability, fact 2 is only a theory and unable to be proven without word from Sakurai.

And for fact 3, basing any information solely off the fact that Sakurai is a troll is a dangerous game, regardless the circumstances.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
*Comment about how I really don't think a playable Ridley could work right but IF it was done I'd be okay with it*

Then said comment would still be bombarded with "total proof" of why my thinking it couldn't work is so wrong...

EDIT: Sorry I just feel the need to clarify that this isn't a troll post but an explanation of what has happened to me before :p
But also, I think seeing a playable Ridley beating on a bigger, boss Ridley (Meta or something) would be ridiculous. I like it :shades:

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
*Comment about how I really don't think a playable Ridley could work right but IF it was done I'd be okay with it*

Then said comment would still be bombarded with "total proof" of why my thinking it couldn't work is so wrong...
I'd agree with you if it was classic Ridley. He looks gross shrunk down, anorexic dragon with bendy straw neck doesn't work too well... but I'd have to agree to disagree if they chose Other M Ridley.

Last edited:

EDIT: Sorry I just feel the need to clarify that this isn't a troll post but an explanation of what has happened to me before :p
But also, I think seeing a playable Ridley beating on a bigger, boss Ridley (Meta or something) would be ridiculous. I like it :shades:
Welcome
Yeah this thread can get a little. . . crazy. I blame the waiting. but hopefully things can go well for once

JoseStriker

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of ridley in smash but not exactly in the roster...i mean come on...the thing is to big to feet like a character, his size makes his range insta-broken and it can't be balanced making him weaker because it doesn't makes sense, he's used to hit hard

My idea was to make a new mode only for Wii U (something to make this version special, like in 3ds) and it would be that 4 players fight with one other player, a 4 vs 1 battle being the one with the gamepad the one that manage to controll ridley :D

(sorry about my english, im latin)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Or Concept Artley
I'd see that working, even if it was standing up slightly straight (sorta inbetween the angles of ) and \)

...Also, I think this suits Chickley/Furbley/Whateverley. Squirrel is Chickley, Elephant is everyone's hopes/dreams/souls/ect.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I like the idea of redley in smash but not exactly in the roster...i mean come on...the thing is to big to feet like a character, his size makes his range insta-broken and it can't be balanced making him weaker because it doesn't makes sense, he's used to hit hard

My idea was to make a new mode only for Wii U (something to make this version special, like in 3ds) and it would be that 4 players fight with one other player, a 4 vs 1 battle being the one with the gamepad the one that manage to controll redley :D

It totally makes sense for Mario to Murderize peach by knocking her into the statosphere.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The big question I have is how are they going to mess with his tail? It's fairly long. It wouldn't be fair if it didn't have a hitbox but you could attack players with it. What do you guys think his tail position should be?

I like the idea of redley in smash but not exactly in the roster...i mean come on...the thing is to big to feet like a character, his size makes his range insta-broken and it can't be balanced making him weaker because it doesn't makes sense, he's used to hit hard

My idea was to make a new mode only for Wii U (something to make this version special, like in 3ds) and it would be that 4 players fight with one other player, a 4 vs 1 battle being the one with the gamepad the one that manage to controll redley :D

That idea has been gone over before here. Sakurai has explicitly said he would not have gamepad based "gimmicks" (such as a boss mode) in smash Plus most of this thread can tell you, Ridley's size is not important

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The big question I have is how are they going to mess with his tail? It's fairly long. It wouldn't be fair if it didn't have a hitbox but you could attack players with it. What do you guys think his tail position should be?
Curl it upwards (along his back), sorta like a Sitting-Up Dog.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of ridley in smash but not exactly in the roster...i mean come on...the thing is to big to feet like a character, his size makes his range insta-broken and it can't be balanced making him weaker because it doesn't makes sense, he's used to hit hard

My idea was to make a new mode only for Wii U (something to make this version special, like in 3ds) and it would be that 4 players fight with one other player, a 4 vs 1 battle being the one with the gamepad the one that manage to controll ridley :D

1. sakurai said that there wont be any game pad exclusive gimmick.
2. Please read second post

i think since charizard and diddys tails arnt sticking out and is instead close to them (side or curled up) i think ridley can share the same thing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe Birdie Ridley will be thrown at opponents like Bonsly?

I don't see how making him weaker is a problem. And he could be scaled, as far as size goes.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Yea that's sort of what I was thinking. Ridley HAS to have a tail attack. Well...It's not really a question of if he has one. It's more of a question of how many he'll have.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Well. Mewtwo in Project M has a similar situation. He's fairly balanced. Although.. I don't know the exact hitboxes.

Last edited:

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
I'm the guy who wrote the Ridley analysis section for week in review 29, and I've been following Ridley since 2006. I know the facts :p

Fact 1 is irrelevant for playability, fact 2 is only a theory and unable to be proven without word from Sakurai.

And for fact 3, basing any information solely off the fact that Sakurai is a troll is a dangerous game, regardless the circumstances.
You got me there, but its the best information we have so far. There are some hacked Brawl Models out there that have Ridley looking pretty good scaled down, but Sakurai has stated that there might be a Wii U exclusive Boss mode where you control the stage bosses so that might quench the thirst some people have for Ridley.

because its ridley
He'll have folded wings

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Hey guys and gals! now don't freak freak out please don't freak out. But I have been watching over you all since the very first maybe 400 pages of this thread. I support Ridley 100% with you and I have always wanted to join in the Ridley support conversation with you guys and finally stopped being lazy and made an account. Maybe you can help me learn the ways of how this website works and all. but I know Ridleys entire situation and I totally agree that shadow we saw was only Bowser/Rosalinas size. hope I fit in with you fellow space pirates in this support thread.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You got me there, but its the best information we have so far. There are some hacked Brawl Models out there that have Ridley looking pretty good scaled down, but Sakurai has stated that there might be a Wii U exclusive Boss mode where you control the stage bosses so that might quench the thirst some people have for Ridley.
Source?
Hey guys and gals! now don't freak freak out please don't freak out. But I have been watching over you all since the very first maybe 400 pages of this thread. I support Ridley 100% with you and I have always wanted to join in the Ridley support conversation with you guys and finally stopped being lazy and made an account. Maybe you can help me learn the ways of how this website works and all. but I know Ridleys entire situation and I totally agree that shadow we saw was only Bowser/Rosalinas size. hope I fit in with you fellow space pirates in this support thread.
Don't drinkt he water.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Sakurai has stated that there might be a Wii U exclusive Boss mode where you control the stage bosses so that might quench the thirst some people have for Ridley.
What? Pretty sure he never said anything like that.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think his tail will function like Diddy Kong's, rolled back behind him, only adding a hitbox when being used for an attack.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok...something happened....uh....back to breaking my head with Ridley's tracing.....and I will try to draw something later with him...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
:4falcon: Not anymore.
:evil:

Anybody that bombards you as such has to answer to me. This thread's for Ridley discussion in general, not just as playable.
(though obviously most of us would prefer that)

Anything from corocoro scans?
Negatory.

Many people think Palutena will/would have also been broken for her insane range. I don't think any of us can really question balance, considering we've seen time and time again that the people making the game can do things most of us couldn't even imagine.

As for making things "weaker," I'd argue they do that all the time with other characters. Samus's Super Missiles break walls and destroy every enemy within a few shots, yet in this game Villager can put them in his pockets as if it's nothing.

As many have said, the idea has come up before. Not ruling it out, but it's definitely not what most of us would prefer.

As are many of us in this thread. AndreaAC and I are Mexican, SchAlt is from Peru, etc.. Nothing really to be ashamed of.

He'll have folded wings
Please stop double posting.

If it's not curled/folded up or kept close to his body, I imagine he'd hold it up kinda like a scorpion.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That's along the lines of what I was thinking.

I was also thinking about if he was hunched over. My first idea for this was that he could have his tail above him, or at times curled in front of him.

Yes, I just compared Ridley to Scorpion from Spiderman.

I think this could make for an interesting footstool jump, because they'd be bouncing off of his tail rather than his head. I don't think there's a character who does that yet.

Top Bottom