• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
Ya that is true but they can not argue with the fact that Ridley is a lot smaller than his Brawl Reincarnation in this game.
Of course not, but they could argue that that is not entirely relevant to his chances as a playable character either as he would, more likely than not, need to be re-scaled for a boss battle during a free-for-all. The obvious counter-argument to that; however, is that Yellow Devil does not seem to care. The main point is that the argument is circular and it does not definitively establish anything.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I have a problem with "Hazardley" just because people will get annoyed by it after a while and choose a different stage.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
All hail the water,
Ridley is too big!
He is a boss!
He is impossible!
Hail Shokio!

I don't think KarrotKarrot is talking 'bout wii u stages.
each one of those comments is a one-way ticket into a grave so deep you'll end up on the other side of the planet.

that last one will get you sent flying off of earth and buried in the core of the sun.

alright, moving on... i dont see why people think ridley's tail needs to be stretched out... it can easily be a bit curled up close to him, and then maybe stretch out during his walking animation like that one image people have posted on here of ridley walking on all fours.

i have faith in sakurai to turn ridley into a perfectly fine character, i mean, if he can turn something like mr game and watch, wii fit trainer, the villager, etc... all into great fighters... i just cant imagine him having a hard time making ridley fit in with the rest of the cast.

i really wish people would stop that stupid playable boss mode exclusive to wii u stuff, too... sakurai never said anything about adding something like that, and it would be unfair to 3DS owners.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
To be fair, Villager puts everything in his pocket like it's nothing. actually, it becomes nothing until he decides it should exist again
That's the point I was getting at. Smash craps all over any concepts previously had about who is or isn't strong and makes up new stuff as needed.

Hence a kick from Ganondorf hurting less than Jigglypuff going to sleep next to you, or say Bowser setting you on fire doing less residual damage than Fox repeatedly sticking his leg up in the air.

Back to Ridley, I think he'd rely more on range and aerial control than pure power. Not to say getting hit by the tip of his tail wouldn't hurt.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
To be fair, Villager puts everything in his pocket like it's nothing. actually, it becomes nothing until he decides it should exist again
That's because Villager is secretly a god.

Or, um, more like an anti-god.

Samus's Super Missiles break walls and destroy every enemy within a few shots, yet in this game Villager can put them in his pockets as if it's nothing.
Do not open if you are at work or unable to cope with semi-adult content.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

You got my hopes up. :glare:

I'd like to say more but that's about all I can muster
OHMYGO-
...SCREW YOU.
SCREW
YOU.
YOUSONOFAB-*shot dead*

Why do you do this.
...****ing SERIOUSLY?!

oh my god, i hope that site burns... and i am going to kill everyone involved. :evil:
My emotions....why u do dat to us? I wanted 80s Rocker Ganondorf playable...it'd make up for the oncoming disappointment that is whatever we'll actually get in Smash 4.
Perfection. I love to dance on your dreams

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Its a good thing I trusted my instincts and scrolled down to see if it was fake. Also, as much as I would LOVE that design of Ganondorkf, I highly doubt will get it.

Anyways, back to Ridley. People who seriously think his proportions would be a problem, :4charizard: would like to have a word with you.

Edit: Why does that spoiler glitch keep happening?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
That's because Villager is secretly a god.

Or, um, more like an anti-god.

I couldn't resist myself...

Do not open if you are at work or unable to cope with semi-adult content.
I am unable to cope with semi-adult content, but I did not get that warning until after I opened it. Perhaps you should put that warning before the spoiler? I am neither at work or a child, but I cannot cope with semi-adult content. Thanks for nothing.

You should have linked an article about Ridley being a Charizard clone if you wanted to watch this thread burn.

Its a good thing I trusted my instincts and scrolled down to see if it was fake. Also, as much as I would LOVE that design of Ganondorkf, I highly doubt will get it.

Anyways, back to Ridley. People who seriously think his proportions would be a problem, :4charizard: would like to have a word with you.
I am still worried about his proportions, what would Charizard like to tell me?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Charizard is short, though. The only proportions they messed with in Brawl were his wings.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I am unable to cope with semi-adult content, but I did not get that warning until after I opened it. Perhaps you should put that warning before the spoiler? I am neither at work or a child, but I cannot cope with semi-adult content. Thanks for nothing.
Fixed, I was expecting people to look below before opening. Guess not...

Sorry, then.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Interviewer: Mr. Sakurai, there was a rumor in SSB4 that the Ridley thread would join the battle. Is this true?

Sakurai: [laughs] if we put our best efforts into it, it could work. It'd be a lot slower, because of how fast it goes. Would that be alright?

Also Ridley.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
, but Sakurai has stated that there might be a Wii U exclusive Boss mode where you control the stage bosses so that might quench the thirst some people have for Ridley.
That's actually completely false, that's only been 'leaked' so most likely out isn't true at all.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

You should have linked an article about Ridley being a Charizard clone if you wanted to watch this thread burn.

I am still worried about his proportions, what would Charizard like to tell me?
Charizard is short, though. The only proportions they messed with in Brawl were his wings.
I still think that since Charizard is one of the first non-humanoid (other than :4bowser:) that's dragon shaped, its a step in the right direction for Sakurai to examine to come up with a workable Ridley.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
That's actually completely false, that's only been 'leaked' so most likely out isn't true at all.
Unless the leak is true, of course. In that event, it is most likely be completely and utterly true.

Interviewer: Mr. Sakurai, there was a rumor in SSB4 that the Ridley thread would join the battle. Is this true?

Sakurai: [laughs] if we put our best efforts into it, it could work. It'd be a lot slower, because of how fast it goes. Would that be alright?

Also Ridley.
As long as he does not re-scale us, I would be content with that.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
well, before long, we'll all be dancing on your grave.

you wont even see it coming.

atleast now we know to never trust that site ever again... or you.

ridley will feast on your soul... then turn it into poo.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Aren't his wings larger now?

So didn't they just screw up even more?

Edit: Why does that spoiler glitch keep happening?
Whoever you're replying to forgot to put [/spoiler] at the end of their post. If you want to prevent it, add [/spoiler] before [./quote]. Hope this helps.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well here is to hoping to get some form of news soon (trailer pleasssse) otherwise play nice everyone
I am actually hoping for the opposite. I do not really want news on Ridley (just to avoid any... negative news), I have decided that it is for the best if we do not get a confirmation on his fate until after that Japanese release date. :shades:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Wonky hitboxes...? I dunno, alot of people treat the Wii U era as if we're still in the Gamecube era.
They could still make his wings folded or not give them a hitbox. Anything works for me really.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'd say I'm afraid to browse this thread on the day of destiny, but I don't expect this site to be functional during that time! Let's just hope it's the good news that crashes this site and not the bad news.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I'd say I'm afraid to browse this thread on the day of destiny, but I don't expect this site to be functional during that time! Let's just hope it's the good news that crashes this site and not the bad news.
we can only hope... if i tried visiting only to see the site down, then refreshed later in the day to see "RIDLEY CONFIRMED!" ...i would probably have a very happy heart attack.

then i'd come back from the dead to play as ridley.

...also, i cant help but feel... awkward... when i look at your avatar.

its like its... trying to sully me.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
This is what I expect to see on my computer if Ridley is announced.

Error: due to massive popularity of the character, Ridley being playable in smash bros 4. the Internet will be shutting down for a few days please check back with us when the fangasms and high pitched screams of hype stop. Thank you for your cooperation.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
DarkFalcon's avatar picture
we can only hope... if i tried visiting only to see the site down, then refreshed later in the day to see "RIDLEY CONFIRMED!" ...i would probably have a very happy heart attack.

DarkFalcon's avatar confimed as Ridley skin.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

Same and notice what gender dark is (no offense dark)

Last edited:
Top Bottom