• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey guys and gals! now don't freak freak out please don't freak out. But I have been watching over you all since the very first maybe 400 pages of this thread. I support Ridley 100% with you and I have always wanted to join in the Ridley support conversation with you guys and finally stopped being lazy and made an account. Maybe you can help me learn the ways of how this website works and all. but I know Ridleys entire situation and I totally agree that shadow we saw was only Bowser/Rosalinas size. hope I fit in with you fellow space pirates in this support thread.
I am freaked out.

Regardless, you will fit in just fine. We do not necessarily have a "type" to speak of. As long as you adore Ridley, we adore you.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
I like the idea of ridley in smash but not exactly in the roster...i mean come on...the thing is to big to feet like a character, his size makes his range insta-broken and it can't be balanced making him weaker because it doesn't makes sense, he's used to hit hard

My idea was to make a new mode only for Wii U (something to make this version special, like in 3ds) and it would be that 4 players fight with one other player, a 4 vs 1 battle being the one with the gamepad the one that manage to controll ridley :D

(sorry about my english, im latin)
have you read the second post in the thread? if not, i would recommend reading it. also i think sakurai said there would be no gimmicks with the gamepad

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Off topic/Spam Warning Received
At least bannanas don't seem to be a returning item (unless you count diddy kong)
The best way to emulate Brawl is not with Dolphin, but setting Final Destination, Diddy Kong only, items on, bananas only.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If Ridley gets his own trailer I can only imagine the big puns that will happen when he appears.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Hey guys and gals! now don't freak freak out please don't freak out. But I have been watching over you all since the very first maybe 400 pages of this thread. I support Ridley 100% with you and I have always wanted to join in the Ridley support conversation with you guys and finally stopped being lazy and made an account. Maybe you can help me learn the ways of how this website works and all. but I know Ridleys entire situation and I totally agree that shadow we saw was only Bowser/Rosalinas size. hope I fit in with you fellow space pirates in this support thread.
Y-you've been...w-watching us? :eek:

Jokes aside, welcome! Glad to have you!

Morbi

Scavenger
have you read the second post in the thread? if not, i would recommend reading it. also i think sakurai said there would be no gimmicks with the gamepad
Not necessarily; unless my information is outdated, I could only find this on the Gamepad. It does not indicate that he will not use it and I suppose the word "gimmick" is up for interpretation in this context. However, he never confirmed that he would not use it for something. I am not sure if a separate mode entails "gimmick" myself.

Kotaku: Okay. People will be very happy to hear that. I also wanted to ask—obviously with the Wii U we have the GamePad screen, and I wanted to ask you: is there anything cool or unique or interesting you can do with that gamepad for a game like Super Smash Bros.?

Sakurai: Actually, I'm not really planning anything that really pushes the GamePad in super-weird directions, just because everyone has their own special preference of what controller they like to use. You would end up in a situation where you have some unbalance in the controls, or in the playing field, so nothing that is super unique and contributes to controls.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
I'm sorry, but I HAD to patch this up.
Also, Dragon in the Trailer? What Trailer? Is Meta Ridley even in Other M?
He was in the Smash Direct. You could see his wing for 2 frames. And Meta Ridley is in Other M as a reoccuring character.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of ridley in smash but not exactly in the roster...i mean come on...the thing is to big to feet like a character, his size makes his range insta-broken and it can't be balanced making him weaker because it doesn't makes sense, he's used to hit hard

My idea was to make a new mode only for Wii U (something to make this version special, like in 3ds) and it would be that 4 players fight with one other player, a 4 vs 1 battle being the one with the gamepad the one that manage to controll ridley :D

(sorry about my english, im latin)
you come in here, say he wouldnt work as a playable character, then say he should be exclusive to the wii u version so not everyone can play as him?

anyone else feel homicidal right now? or is it just me?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
but Sakurai has stated that there might be a Wii U exclusive Boss mode where you control the stage bosses
...Are you OK, Man?
Did you drink the water?
Atleast you spelled Sakurai right this time, but seriously, are you OK?

Morbi

Scavenger
If Ridley gets his own trailer I can only imagine the big puns that will happen when he appears.
I have heard/made enough "Ridley is too big" puns to last me a life-time. I hope that that trailer is just about Ridley and his awesomeness, there is no inherent need to reference his size if he is re-scaled into a workable size.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm just dropping in check up on whether or not we've got anything from CoroCoro yet...apparently we have nothing yet. I will say this though...if Ridley is NOT seen in CoroCoro....I think we can basically deconfirm him to be a stage hazard.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm just dropping in check up on whether or not we've got anything from CoroCoro yet...apparently we have nothing yet. I will say this though...if Ridley is NOT seen in CoroCoro....I think we can basically deconfirm him to be a stage hazard.
Your wording confuses me, sorry. Could you please rephrase that?

Morbi

Scavenger
you come in here, say he wouldnt work as a playable character, then say he should be exclusive to the wii u version so not everyone can play as him?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I am not feeling homicidal.

Why is this thread so popular?

Did Gematsu get deconfirmed again?
As Ridley's popularity grows, this thread's popularity grows.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I have heard/made enough "Ridley is too big" puns to last me a life-time. I hope that that trailer is just about Ridley and his awesomeness, there is no inherent need to reference his size if he is re-scaled into a workable size.
This is Sakurai we're talking about. I would not be the least bit surprised if he did that.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
"Too Big To Fail"

This will forever be our motto. Until he's deconfirmed....

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

I'm in.

Sakurai has gone on record to say that both games will have the same playable characters, so basically no playable boss mode.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He was in the Smash Direct. You could see his wing for 2 frames. And Meta Ridley is in Other M as a reoccuring character.
Meta Ridley isn't in Other M, only Flesh Ridley is.
And even Flesh Ridley isn't that much of a reoccuring character.
He would be a Charizard clone.
*GASP*:140:
HE DRANK THE WATER! :130:
SEND HIM INTO THE BOTTOMLESS PIT! :245:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
All hail the water,
Ridley is too big!
He is a boss!
He is impossible!
Hail Shokio!

If CoroCoro does not allude to Ridley as a stage-boss, we can essentially confirm that he is not a stage-boss.
I don't think KarrotKarrot is talking 'bout wii u stages.

Last edited:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Thanks I look forward to talking Ridley. I shall avoid the SPlounge water at all costs. I post a lot on Miiverse and try to show the haters/detractors that photo of megamans shadow on Pyrosphere compared to Ridleys and no one has yet to counter that argument. How CAN one argue with that photo? Ridley is so tiny in this game I am so confused as to why they shrunk him... oh wait, no I am not!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Your wording confuses me, sorry. Could you please rephrase that?
Well it's like this...by the time we get the huge batch of reviews on characters and stages in CoroCoro, it'll be about a month or so until Smash 4's release in Japan. It was stated that it was going to go over the ins and outs of each stage along with the current playable characters that we know about...which means that if Ridley's truly a stage hazard, we will definitely see him when the issue comes out. If Ridley is not seen at all...he's basically confirmed to be anything but a boss hazard, especially when Ridley is accordingly such a crucial part of the Pyrosphere stage if he truly is in said position.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Well it's like this...by the time we get the huge batch of reviews on characters and stages in CoroCoro, it'll be about a month or so until Smash 4's release in Japan. It was stated that it was going to go over the ins and outs of each stage along with the current playable characters that we know about...which means that if Ridley's truly a stage hazard, we will definitely see him when the issue comes out. If Ridley is not seen at all...he's basically confirmed to be anything but a boss hazard, especially when Ridley is accordingly such a crucial part of the Pyrosphere stage if he truly is in said position.
I think that it is only talking about the 3ds version.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thanks I look forward to talking Ridley. I shall avoid the SPlounge water at all costs. I post a lot on Miiverse and try to show the haters/detractors that photo of megamans shadow on Pyrosphere compared to Ridleys and no one has yet to counter that argument. How CAN one argue with that photo? Ridley is so tiny in this game I am so confused as to why they shrunk him... oh wait, no I am not!
One could easily counter it by asserting that the photograph of shadow analysis is predominately conjecture and therefore it does not objectively prove anything one way or the other, it only serves to discern the general size of Ridley.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Samus's Super Missiles break walls and destroy every enemy within a few shots, yet in this game Villager can put them in his pockets as if it's nothing.
To be fair, Villager puts everything in his pocket like it's nothing. actually, it becomes nothing until he decides it should exist again

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
To be fair, Villager puts everything in his pocket like it's nothing. actually, it becomes nothing until he decides it should exist again
It's like Link.

animal crossing/zelda crossover anyone?

Maybe it could be hinted at similar to dark pit int he pale tuna trailer

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Not necessarily; unless my information is outdated, I could only find this on the Gamepad. It does not indicate that he will not use it and I suppose the word "gimmick" is up for interpretation in this context. However, he never confirmed that he would not use it for something. I am not sure if a separate mode entails "gimmick" myself.
Backup is here!

Okay, so basically the GamePad is a regular controller for the game. The same way the Wiimote, Classic Controller, Gamecube Controller, and WiiU Pro Controller are regular controllers.

This can be seen right about

here.

So this almost deconfirms any use of the gamepad other than a regular controller with a personal screen. even though I really wanted to control assist trophies with it a few months back...

As seen in the definition above, using the gamepad for bosses would be a gimmick, because it would attract different reviews and customers. But using it as a controller would not be a gimmick, because it is just a regular controller.

In the end, I doubt the possibility of a boss mode, but anything can still happen I guess...

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
One could easily counter it by asserting that the photograph of shadow analysis is predominately conjecture and therefore it does not objectively prove anything one way or the other, it only serves to discern the general size of Ridley.
Ya that is true but they can not argue with the fact that Ridley is a lot smaller than his Brawl Reincarnation in this game.

Top Bottom