• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
NEWS! CoroCoro was apparantly going to reveal a 4th mega
They did, though.
They didn't specifically show it, but they mentioned a Distribution Event where you get a Baltoy with Claydol's Mega Stone. :|

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm just craving some news. Everything that could be gone over has been. Knowing one man has the power to crush all of our hopes and dreams is very intimidating, but he can also be our savior. I expect something to happen next week, but if not? SDSFGADFR

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
To be honest, I am an idiot, so I don't know, the only thing I know is that if I'm rude to anyone, I get in a fight, but being rude to a mod will get me in a grave
Well, IsmaR is pretty much going to close the thread if we stray too far from the topic, so you can probably imagine it's some sort of evil sounding spell in a very reverb-heavy voice.

I'm just craving some news. Everything that could be gone over has been. Knowing one man has the power to crush all of our hopes and dreams is very intimidating, but he can also be our savior. I expect something to happen next week, but if not? SDSFGADFR
I just hate it that on weekends there are no PotD's. I mean, normally I can just say "another PotD, another day with no ridley blah blah", but now I can't even do that.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We're Hungry Fools.
Hungry, hungry Fools... :129:

Check the scans, I remember it showing Baltoy 'round the bottom of one of the pages.
I forget the exact page, however, but I think it's on the Mega Lopunny/Salamence/Altaria Page. :088:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
To be honest, I am an idiot, so I don't know, the only thing I know is that if I'm rude to anyone, I get in a fight, but being rude to a mod will get me in a grave
If that were the case then I would have stayed banned years ago. And I don't say anything, but people mini-modding/speaking on my behalf annoy me.

The point is parodying/making fun of other user's logic/arugments (no matter how bad they may be) never ends well for anyone. I get not having anything to do happens frequently to threads that have covered pretty much everything, but borderline harassing/flaming just to give us something to do is taking it too far. If you guys can do so in a manner that doesn't make an arse out of this thread, then by all means. Being fake detractors makes us no better (in fact, makes us worse, IMO) than real detractors.

tl;dr - If there's nothing to talk about, we prefer that you don't post rather than being bait/target practice for the rest of us. That sounds like something those dumb pirates in the Prime logs would do (don't feed the Metroids, don't drink the water, don't shoot at each other).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If that were the case then I would have stayed banned years ago. And I don't say anything, but people mini-modding/speaking on my behalf annoy me.

The point is parodying/making fun of other user's logic/arugments (no matter how bad they may be) never ends well for anyone. I get not having anything to do happens frequently to threads that have covered pretty much everything, but borderline harassing/flaming just to give us something to do is taking it too far. If you guys can do so in a manner that doesn't make an arse out of this thread, then by all means. Being fake detractors makes us no better (in fact, makes us worse, IMO) than real detractors.

tl;dr - If there's nothing to talk about, we prefer that you don't post rather than being bait/target practice for the rest of us. That sounds like something those dumb pirates in the Prime logs would do (don't feed the Metroids, don't drink the water, don't shoot at each other).
Good point actually. Should have thought of that. Once we get a confirmation, it will be dirty on every side though, no matter if it's playable or not.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, IsmaR is pretty much going to close the thread if we stray too far from the topic, so you can probably imagine it's some sort of evil sounding spell in a very reverb-heavy voice.
Is it Avada Kedavra or something like that? Or is it "I shall ban you and close this thread"? Latter one sounds a lot scarier. Especially since we are close to 1500 pages.
Let's use the stupidest arguments detractors have used! I'll start with TOO BIG!!!!!
He can't show any expressions. I think i won.

EDIT: i noticed IsmaR's post. Am i gonna be Goomba-stomped or promptly shot for that? Still, idiots using something like THAT and then saying we are delusional fools in denial...it is just annoying.
Anyway, it is too late for me, so, i am going to sleep...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Imagine this place if a Direct (general or Smash centric) is announced for the 20th.

Chaos. Glorious chaos.
No matter when the Direct is announced, I feel the need to post this image:

image.jpg

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I have a really good feeling that next week we're getting some kind of especial announcement Smash related. For no reason at all, really, but I just have a hunch.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Though theoretically, if a Direct were announced on the 20th, would we think that means they're finally going to show off Boss Ridley, or reveal a playable Ridley?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If a general direct is announced for the 20'th I will die
Let us die together, like a love that was not meant to be, but without the love and just only the death.

Though theoretically, if a Direct were announced on the 20th, would we think that means they're finally going to show off Boss Ridley, or reveal a playable Ridley?
Well, it depends on what Ridley really is. But if there is a Direct on the 20th, I'd place my bets on Ridley.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
No matter when the Direct is announced, I feel the need to post this image:

• Sees Waluigi
  • Didn't even enlarge the photo
  • Has this page at 67% Zoom (-43%, for those technical people)
Sometimes I wonder what happened with my life. :137:

It'd be a real kick to the face if Anthony was announced that day. :044:
"You got no style!" :108:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well considering Sakurai said he's NEAR the bottom of his newcomer videos. It's pretty logical to think we'd get another trailer soon. Next week I'm pretty confident we get SOMETHING. Hoping it's Ridley. If not? My sad face will be on. I think he has 2 more reveal trailers left. One for this month, and one before the release date in Japan.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well considering Sakurai said he's NEAR the bottom of his newcomer videos. It's pretty logical to think we'd get another trailer soon. Next week I'm pretty confident we get SOMETHING. Hoping it's Ridley. If not? My sad face will be on. I think he has 2 more reveal trailers left. One for this month, and one before the release date in Japan.
My God thinking that he may have kept the big guns for the last month... I'm so ready

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just had the craziest Idea.
What if the General Direct's Reveal Trailer WASN'T Ridley, but it ended with the new character on the Pyrosphere stage.
And at the end of the General Direct, it slowly fades in showing the Newcomer taking a breather, still in Pyrosphere.
Then the [WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!] sirens.
Then Ridley joins the battle.
That'd be a plot twist if I'd seen it. :132:

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Yea it does make a lot of sense. Whether it's Ridley, or some other highly requested character. Mewtwo and Ridley trailer make it happen!
Oh god yes, I would love for this to happen. I'm glad I'm not the only one who would love by some miracle that we get this kind of trailer! It would be the greatest thing to happen since sliced bread. Shokio and his Ridley detractors would be defeated and the whole "Original 12 Stopping Mewtwo" argument would get killed just like the Gematsu leak did. Make it happen Sakurai!

We would be victorious Ridley thread! You deserve a piece of that pie and glorious victory from the detractors you've fought off for to long.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Don't do dis to me :119:
I was just making a joke :142:
That's cool.
I wasn't. :demon:
Oh, the gore-ious perils I could conjure with a mere swipe of my arm, a flick of my pencil. I can project the death and gloom behind my eyes on paper, give it shape, give it life only to take it all away! It makes me feel so, so deliciously EVIL even though I am just a guy drawing stuff!
BAHAHAHAHA!

Oh god yes, I would love for this to happen. I'm glad I'm not the only one who would love by some miracle that we get this kind of trailer! It would be the greatest thing to happen since sliced bread. Shokio and his Ridley detractors would be defeated and the whole "Original 12 Stopping Mewtwo" argument would get killed just like the Gematsu leak did. Make it happen Sakurai!

We would be victorious Ridley thread! You deserve a piece of that pie and glorious victory from the detractors you've fought off for to long.
I don't think the internet would survive Ridley and Mewtwo together, nevermind K. Rool being in the trailer too.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Relax. Anthony's chances are on par with Ghirahim's.
Not sure if AndreaAC will approve of that...
Or grab another GIF of someone jumping from a really high height because of that...
The many mysteries. :216:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That's cool.
I wasn't. :demon:
Oh, the gore-ious perils I could conjure with a mere swipe of my arm, a flick of my pencil. I can project the death and gloom behind my eyes on paper, give it shape, give it life only to take it all away! It makes me feel so, so deliciously EVIL even though I am just a guy drawing stuff!
BAHAHAHAHA!
OuO oh my! I can't wait to start drawing using the damned graphic tablet! specially for Ridley!

Hehe....I can't wait for the time to show no mercy!

um......I'm still tracing the drawing for the Ridley coaster....hopefully I can show some progress later...

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
OuO oh my! I can't to start drawing using the damned graphic tablet! specially for Ridley!

Hehe....I can't wait for the time to show no mercy!

um......I'm still tracing the drawing for the Ridley coaster....hopefully I can show some progress later...
Eeeeeeahaha! Everyone will fall before before the might of the cunning god of death! His claws and fangs will run red with blood, and their pants will run dark with bladder fluids!

EDIT:
AND BOWSER, RIDLEY WILL HAVE ALL THE PRINCESSES. ALL OF THEM. THATS WHAT DRAGONS DO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom