• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is any one of those Kraids meta Kraid? Always wanted to see how that guy nom'd
Yes, but since that Meta Kraid is fake, he has cardboard instead of some kind of metal. And laser he shoots is actually coherent low-powered laser beam of visible light from laser pointer. Oh, and he transforms into trukk not monky.

Last edited:

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
Bryan Cranston: People on this Thread.
Sakurai and his team: The guys talking to Bryan.
:surprised: Is Ridley our son? And is our wife Brawl Ridley? And is the Japanese guy sadly looking on and not saying anything Sakurai? :surprised:

And gosh by golly the waiting is starting to hurt. I'm kinda tired of expecting anything from anything and kinda just move forward being oblivious so I can be surprised when it happens...

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I highly doubt this CoroCoro nonsense.
Will we get a trailer on the Twelfth? Maybe *sniff* maybe...

There is no way they're revealing the whole roster a month before release, let alone having Ridley show his ugly LOVELY mug.

What's the fun in that? Sakurai hates spoilers and this is the biggest one I've heard of.

Not to mention Coro Coro corrected themselves.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
CoroCoro stated this yesterday apparently, and those guys don't leak, the ask Nintendo to reveal it, and then if Nintendo says yes, it happens. CoroCoro is the 2nd most reliable source, 2nd only to Nintendo.
And no, it won't be the final roster as this happened with Brawl, and then we got Lucario(was accidentely leaked but still counts), Toon Link, Wolf, and ROB. Yeah, not final at all

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Guys lets think here if we don't get something this month this train is gonna crash but a new trailer we always usually get one male and female...male newcomer can really only be ridley since all the hype but female is hard I wouldn't mind dixie but with the whole star fox and metroid crossover thing I might look at a certain staff wielding badass....

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Guys lets think here if we don't get something this month this train is gonna crash but a new trailer we always usually get one male and female...male newcomer can really only be ridley since all the hype but female is hard I wouldn't mind dixie but with the whole star fox and metroid crossover thing I might look at a certain staff wielding badass....
There's only been one reveal trailer that's had one male, one female. Can't really base a pattern off of that.
If there is another multiple character reveal, I feel a villains trailer may be most likely.

Rrrright. Nintendo giving the full roster on the 12th. Despite the fact that there are still newcomer trailers in the wings.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't make a lick of sense.
Not that I'm believing this rumor just yet but it actually wouldn't contradict what Sakurai said.

They could make a broadcast that shows multiple newcomer trailers throughout the broadcast in between showing veterans with their possible new movesets and other changes as well as showing off the stages.

But it's unlikely that they'll reveal EVERYTHING, it just seems a bit over the top.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Looking back, Gematsu was always just a bunch of easy guesses plus Chorus Men to make it more legit. Of course it totally misses and falls at a slight curve ball in the form of Robin.
The Gematsu leak came in two phases. The first one included the out-of-left-field Wii Fit Trainer, which is where a lot of the leak's "legitimacy" came from.

The second leak contained:
  • Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y
This is where it all falls apart. Aside from Chorus Men, these are also all easy guesses. the "Pokémon from X and Y" is especially easy, since it's so generic, it hardly sounded like it has anything official to it at all.

My guess: If there is any legitimacy to this at all, the first source got his info from an in-house demo build or announcement setup, and leaked it to Sal Romano, which became the Gematsu leak. Nintendo, who is very good at tracking this sort of thing down, found out who leaked it and fired him. The source then compiled a list of "educated guesses" (which were basically pulled completely out of his rear), and "leaked" it again. This became the second leak, which is completely guesswork.

If the source did have knowledge of the full roster, why would we even get multiple leaks? Just release the whole roster all at once. This is where the "oh, it's outdated" bit falls apart. If he knew the whole roster, even a pre-dev roster, it would have all come out at once. He didn't. We already know that Nintendo keeps the information very quiet, even in-house, as the treehouse stated that the devs had to play some of their favorite characters behind closed doors because they weren't common knowledge around the company.

If there was any "legitimacy" to the leak, it was only to the first half, and the source considered leaking it worth his job at Nintendo. I hope he was right about that.

Not that I'm believing this rumor just yet but it actually wouldn't contradict what Sakurai said.

They could make a broadcast that shows multiple newcomer trailers throughout the broadcast in between showing veterans with their possible new movesets and other changes as well as showing off the stages.

But it's unlikely that they'll reveal EVERYTHING, it just seems a bit over the top.
Especially for that EARLY. That's more than a MONTH from release. I'm expecting a character reveal to be around a week until release. You want a big "drop the bomb" right before release, to build hype and drive people to stores. Releasing it all this much earlier doesn't make sense.

Ridley might be that bomb, but since it's the Japanese release, and Ridley's an almost-solely Western fan release, I'd actually expect him during the 12th or so. It makes me wonder who the final announced character will be.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Wait is this legit or not? Because if not why are posting this nonsense?

Furthermore, for the guy calling me sexist for talking about a "chick bonus". No. Just No. There is no need to insult me about facts. Furthermore I love my sister and implying that I only see her as a woman is an insult to me. Thank you for that...

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
HOW DOES THIS THREAD HAVE SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:p

Seriously... I am so over speculation. Let the roster be known already!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well there's some Ridley talk going on in the social topic right now if anyone's interested.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Furthermore, for the guy calling me sexist for talking about a "chick bonus". No. Just No. There is no need to insult me about facts. Furthermore I love my sister and implying that I only see her as a woman is an insult to me. Thank you for that...
I don't believe you were the one being called that. Rather, it was directed at those who give out those "bonuses", because that kind of thing really needs to stop.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The shadow is bowser sized. Oh my gosh, a jump. Jerky movements, teasing. Quick disconfirmations etc
You forgot "oh my god I see Ridley in the tree branch in Greninja's trailer!"

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley disconfirmed, playable characers can't appear in a match.
...Everyone disconfirmed. Including Mario. Except for Ridley because he is an exception :troll:
Enjoy new roster, which includes...no one except for Ridley because he is an exception.
You forgot "oh my god I see Ridley in the tree branch in Greninja's trailer!"
You forgot about NES Ridley rock.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be honest, for the few hints we have, Ridley is the most teased non revealed character yet, as Sakurai refuses to acknowledge Ridley exists after that interview, so if you complain about not having much to talk about, then non of the threads are worth having

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley talk is fun.
Unless it is about Ridley because he is an exception :troll::troll:
I hate that kind of logic toobigots use, but it can be fun when used in everything while applying arguments against Ridley to other characters. So, if too big characters can't be included, then everyone is disconfirmed (except for Ridley of course) because they have more than 20mb used on the disc and they are bigger than Olimar, so, they are too big while Olimar is too small.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I hate that kind of logic toobigots use, but it can be fun when used in everything while applying arguments against Ridley to other characters. So, if too big characters can't be included, then everyone is disconfirmed (except for Ridley of course) because they have more than 20mb used on the disc and they are bigger than Olimar, so, they are too big while Olimar is too small.
So who is too perfect?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I hate when people don't give a good argument on their stance of Ridley being a boss. There's so much "Well this is different" or "It's not the same" stuff always comes up. Since when has Ridley become a special exception? I can respect if a person can give a good logical argument, but when it's the same stuff I always hear it's really bothersome.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I hate when people don't give a good argument on their stance of Ridley being a boss. There's so much "Well this is different" or "It's not the same" stuff always comes up. Since when has Ridley become a special exception? I can respect if a person can give a good logical argument, but when it's the same stuff I always hear it's really bothersome.
Oh, but he is hinted at being a boss he must be a boss, but Toon Link appearing on Spirit train is different. Palutena is different, it's obvious he's reffering to the statue.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that huge, purple word wasn't accidental, was it?

I'd love a 10-minute trailer revealing like 7 characters (5 vets and 2 newcomers) or something.
Stop it man stop. You are making my mouth water....

Ah. That explains why we tend to venture into the dark depths of off-topic so often.

Apparently he has been the exception since I don't know. It's "Too big"s little meme brother.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I doubt pyrosphere has a boss, what are those purple tubes for? They we're never present in the game and they must serve some purpose as they are on the playing field of the fighters.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Oh, but he is hinted at being a boss he must be a boss, but Toon Link appearing on Spirit train is different. Palutena is different, it's obvious he's reffering to the statue.
It's not like that PoTD was before her reveal or anything..Oh wait.

Top Bottom