• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Last edited:
Since I've missed a bit of things, what's the deal with CoroCoro and August 12th?
CoroCoro will apparently talk about Smash in their latest issue which isn't out yet but parts of the magazine have been leaked showing Pokemon OR/AS stuff like new mega evolutions and a new movie based around Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre coming in 2015.

Nothing about Smash has been leaked yet.

The August 12th thing is a prediction about when the new direct will be out. (I think)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
CoroCoro will apparently talk about Smash in their latest issue which isn't out yet but parts of the magazine have been leaked showing Pokemon OR/AS stuff like new mega evolutions and a new movie based around Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre coming in 2015.

The August 12th thing is a prediction about when the new direct will be out. (I think)
Ugh. I wish the info came sooner though. My hype train is running low on hype and I'm starting to feel tired of all this bloody waiting. I think we're ready for some tasty morsels of information now mister Sakurai. Show us a claw or something. Maybe a bit of that ugly beak. Or just another picture with his tail somewhere in it.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ugh. I wish the info came sooner though. My hype train is running low on hype and I'm starting to feel tired of all this bloody waiting. I think we're ready for some tasty morsels of information now mister Sakurai. Show us a claw or something. Maybe a bit of that ugly beak. Or just another picture with his tail somewhere in it.
Now I want a Little Birdy pic of him chewing on an update/PotD.

Someone has to be eating all these "tasty morsels of information", right?

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652

Ah I see. Thanks ;) August 12th sounds like a good time for a direct however don't they get announced a day or two before it airs?

Another shadow on Pyrosphere. I'd actually take that. lol.

Although I think that would make it super obvious that Sakurai is up to something.

Ah I see. Thanks ;) August 12th sounds like a good time for a direct however don't they get announced a day or two before it airs?
Usually. I think it'll be a general direct but I'm praying for a Smash direct.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
August 12th is my birthday coincidentally, Ridley reveal/villain trailer = best birthday gift ever I'll also take Mewtwo, K.Rool, or one of the Mother boys Nintendo...

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
August 12th is my birthday coincidentally, Ridley reveal/villain trailer = best birthday gift ever I'll also take Mewtwo, K.Rool, or one of the Mother boys Nintendo...
That would be awesome. Something is telling me that a villain trailer may happen. Either that or Ridley and Ganondorf may be announced in the same trailer. Or just that a villain trailer would be too hype.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day:

"Is that Isabelle? One of our newest assistants in the assist trophy catalog? Why of course not! It is just our little friend dropping by."

Need moar blood and moar victims of course...i'll save those images so i wouldn't need to search for them...
A little sneak peek:
His hands probably aren't this large but whatever. If only I could stop detailing things and then sketching whole other parts of the body while being confused about facial layouts at the same time, nnghrhr.
It looks a little bit too big, everything else is fine though.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
That would be awesome. Something is telling me that a villain trailer may happen. Either that or Ridley and Ganondorf may be announced in the same trailer. Or just that a villain trailer would be too hype.
The big 3 in one trailer + revamped Ganondorf would be the most hype thing ever, I honestly can't think of anything else that could really service a final announcement, everything else would be a let-down.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
The big 3 in one trailer + revamped Ganondorf would be the most hype thing ever, I honestly can't think of anything else that could really service a final announcement, everything else would be a let-down.

I completely agree. We need this. A villain trailer with Ridley/Samus, Link/Ganondorf etc. would do this justice. And I will also throw money at the screen until it gives me a copy of Smash. Ridley insta-main.

K.Rool would be such a better DK newcomer than Dixie Kong. We need a DK newcomer and we need more villains so he would fill those two requirements.

Same can be applied to Ridley, We DEFINITELY need more Metroid characters and we need more villains. So again he fills the requirements.

The villains I want in this game are as follows.

Ridley, K.Rool, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Wario, Mewtwo, Bowser, King Dedede and Meta Knight. Am I missing anyone?

Ridley, Mewtwo and revamped Ganondorf in one trailer.....

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
K.Rool would be such a better DK newcomer than Dixie Kong. We need a DK newcomer and we need more villains so he would fill those two requirements.

Same can be applied to Ridley, We DEFINITELY need more Metroid characters and we need more villains. So again he fills the requirements.

Ridley, K.Rool, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Wario, Mewtwo, Bowser, King Dedede and Meta Knight. Am I missing anyone?

I agree. It's really disappointing that Metroid and DK have such little representation. The inclusion of Ridley and K.Rool would be perfect.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Wolf O Donnel...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Mewtwo, K.Rool, revamped Ganondorf with Hairdorf as an alt, Shulk, Isaac, Dixie Kong (..?), Ridley plushie, free Super Smash Bros WiiU Super Extra Mumbo Holy Sweet Oliver OMG OVER 9000 YES YES YOSH YOSH Championship edition with OVER 9000 NEW CHARACTERS, EVERYONE DECLONED, OVER 9001 ALT COSTUMES, HAIRDORF WIG, ARMOR AND SWORDS 1:1 SIZE, A FREE PET LITTLE BIRDIE, MASTER SWORD and nice T-shirt! Will that be enough?
I would buy that. Especially because of Ridley plushie and Hairdorf set (mostly because of swords...).

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Mewtwo, K.Rool, revamped Ganondorf with Hairdorf as an alt, Shulk, Isaac, Dixie Kong (..?), Ridley plushie, free Super Smash Bros WiiU Super Extra Mumbo Holy Sweet Oliver OMG OVER 9000 YES YES YOSH YOSH Championship edition with OVER 9000 NEW CHARACTERS, EVERYONE DECLONED, OVER 9001 ALT COSTUMES, HAIRDORF WIG, ARMOR AND SWORDS 1:1 SIZE, A FREE PET LITTLE BIRDIE, MASTER SWORD and nice T-shirt! Will that be enough?
No Goku? Sakurai get your game together

Weavel

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd say my faith in ridley got a little stronger in his inclusion. That is all. :)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
No Goku? Sakurai get your game together
No 4th party characters rule still applies. So, enjoy getting your face teared off by Little Birdie instead*.
*Note: Food for that little f***er is not included in the package. Made for children older than 0 years.
We hold no responsibility for human casualties because why should we?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Sakurai really knows how to make me wanting more... the last PotD with Pyrosphere was June 20th.
We also got a bunch of Pryosphere pics in that Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon press kit. Of course that was still nearly a month ago and Ridley was nowhere in sight

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
No 4th party characters rule still applies. So, enjoy getting your face teared off by Little Birdie instead*.
*Note: Food for that little f***er is not included in the package. Made for children older than 0 years.
We hold no responsibility for human casualties because why should we?
Goku X Birdley. Pleeeeease?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How about we play the waiting game that end when Ridley's role is confirmed. ............... ........................ ..................................... ..............................................Screw the waiting game, let's play Hungry Hungry Kraids!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
We don't need another dark age, the water isn't safe to send ships on
I actually meant in the sense that romance is...edible? Goes through the stomach? What was that saying again?
Uh, either way, Birdley does what Birdley does. Eating people.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I actually meant in the sense that romance is...edible? Goes through the stomach? What was that saying again?
Uh, either way, Birdley does what Birdley does. Eating people.
What if someone ingested the water, but then Birdley ate them? Would the water carry over? Would Birdley himself become a too-bigot?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sakurai really knows how to make me wanting more... the last PotD with Pyrosphere was June 20th.
Technically, the last time we've seen Pyrosphere was in Lucina's portion of Robin's trailer.

last pyro.png

We also got a bunch of Pryosphere pics in that Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon press kit. Of course that was still nearly a month ago and Ridley was nowhere in sight
Oh, and that too...

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Pic of the Day:

"Is that Isabelle? One of our newest assistants in the assist trophy catalog? Why of course not! It is just our little friend dropping by."

*opens it very slightly, without seeing the image*
*sees the word Isabelle*
NOPENOPE NOT OPENING IT
NOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
...*snrk*

I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing at how people are so sure that Ridley isn't playable, after looking back at the RTC thread on the day Ridley was rated. They get things wrong so often, I'm surprised that it's still standing.

I wouldn't say that he's a shoo-in, but people shouldn't dismiss things willy nilly and assume to follow everything at face value.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Kinda funny how Ridley is so BIG, but we haven't physically seen him once besides the August 8th direct. Where does a 20 foot boss hide, detractors?
Which reminds me of something.

Every huge boss we've seen so far. Something I'd like to point out about the bosses in this game; before they attack the stage, they are usually view-able in other locations of the stage. In Yellow Devil's case, he is seen perched on Wily's Castle. The Dark Emperor just kinda lurks in the background. Ridley's a boss, so we'd see th-

No we haven't. If you would like to argue how big Ridley was in Brawl, where is he? Surely something that massive couldn't hide better than smaller bosses? If he really is as BIG as you say, where is he? I hate to reitterate what's been said before, but this thread is running low on the hype. Just a reminder that it's fishy.
Bryan Cranston: People on this Thread.
Sakurai and his team: The guys talking to Bryan.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
...*snrk*

I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing at how people are so sure that Ridley isn't playable, after looking back at the RTC thread on the day Ridley was rated. They get things wrong so often, I'm surprised that it's still standing.

I wouldn't say that he's a shoo-in, but people shouldn't dismiss things willy nilly and assume to follow everything at face value.
Can you link me to it?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

K Rool does deserve it more than Dixie (Due to being the main villain, not because he's a guy. Dixie has had fewer appearances than Rool), but he may not get in because of relevancy and character genders:

(NOTE: Pikachu is counted as a male due to his tail. All other Pokemon are classified unknown. Robin, WFT, Villager, and all 3 Miis are considered Interchangeable for obvious reasons.)

But the ratio of Villains to Heroes is so much bigger.

(NOTE: All Pokemon are considered Neutral, as there is really no association of a Pokemon in the games.)

But still, Nintendo has been going out of their way to include a mass of female characters in all of their games this year (not that it's a bad thing, I think it's great. It's just a bad thing for K Rool). Ridley shouldn't be affected by this because, come on, what other female are they going to add other than Samus? (I swear I'm not sexist if this sounded like I am.)
Oh, I almost forgot!

...Ghirahim...
Never.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Can you link me to it?
It was the day where they rated Chibo Robo (who was most overrated) and Ridley (who was most underrated).

I can't find a link to it right now, but I participated that day, which means you could either look through my posts or use the search box and look for all my posts that mention Ridley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom