• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
...*snrk*

I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing at how people are so sure that Ridley isn't playable, after looking back at the RTC thread on the day Ridley was rated. They get things wrong so often, I'm surprised that it's still standing.

I wouldn't say that he's a shoo-in, but people shouldn't dismiss things willy nilly and assume to follow everything at face value.
To be fair, they usually get things wrong that everyone gets wrong, like Robin and Greninja. But sometimes I can't help but disagree with some of the users, like with majority of people still thinking Gematsu is gospel after Robin's trailer.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'll be the NES Kraid.
No, it will be Fake Kraid, then Real Fake Kraid, then Fake Real Fake Kraid, then Real Fake Real Fake Kraid, then Real not Real Fake Real Fake Kraid and then his little brother.
Kinda funny how Ridley is so BIG, but we haven't physically seen him once besides the August 8th direct. Where does a 20 foot boss hide, detractors?
Which reminds me of something.

Every huge boss we've seen so far. Something I'd like to point out about the bosses in this game; before they attack the stage, they are usually view-able in other locations of the stage. In Yellow Devil's case, he is seen perched on Wily's Castle. The Dark Emperor just kinda lurks in the background. Ridley's a boss, so we'd see th-

No we haven't. If you would like to argue how big Ridley was in Brawl, where is he? Surely something that massive couldn't hide better than smaller bosses? If he really is as BIG as you say, where is he? I hate to reitterate what's been said before, but this thread is running low on the hype. Just a reminder that it's fishy.
Bryan Cranston: People on this Thread.
Sakurai and his team: The guys talking to Bryan.
He could hide in that hole since he were able to fit in to escape Samus in Other M. But the problem is...he was actually spinning like a bullet/drill/whatever you want with everything posed in such way it would allow him to fit in better and to make it harder to shoot him. In other words, he would be unable to fit in that hole without having to break it even more or without flying into it in the same way as he did before. And since that the stage and most likely the hole itself are smaller than they were in Metroid Other M, he won't be able to fit into that hole if he is still that big. Oh, and that hole was made when he ESCAPED this area, not entered it. Everything on this stage is based off Geothermal Power Plant AFTER the battle, not during or before the battle. But NOOO, NOOOO, still no chance.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys...
I recommend you read this thread over thoroughly;

http://smashboards.com/threads/special-smash-bros-broadcast.363855/#post-17262525
AUGUST 12TH MAY VERY WELL BE OUR FINAL DESTINATION ON THIS TRAIN RIDE.
DIS IS SIRIUS.
RIDLEY IS AT HAND.
Nah, that can't be true...*peeks* Noooooooo, this is too big good to be true...*google and CoroCoro*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Story time. <3

One time me and my cousin Cindy were playing Metroid and we had to face Ridley and we drank orange-juice and ate chips.

The end. <3

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Story time. <3

One time me and my cousin Cindy were playing Metroid and we had to face Ridley and we drank orange-juice and ate chips.

The end. <3
Where is the part when Ridley kills something?! That's it?! Oh well...
Guys...
I recommend you read this thread over thoroughly;

http://smashboards.com/threads/special-smash-bros-broadcast.363855/#post-17262525
AUGUST 12TH MAY VERY WELL BE OUR FINAL DESTINATION ON THIS TRAIN RIDE.
DIS IS SIRIUS.
RIDLEY IS AT HAND.
I would like it to be real, but i will try to not believe it since its not official information. Kinda what i did with Gematsu Leak.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
To be fair, they usually get things wrong that everyone gets wrong, like Robin and Greninja. But sometimes I can't help but disagree with some of the users, like with majority of people still thinking Gematsu is gospel after Robin's trailer.
"B-but Chrom was just a placeholder! Sakurai considered Chrom and had him on the roster for the FEA: Awakening rep, see?! It's only outdated!"

My stomach churns every time I see someone say that Robin still makes the Gematsu leak legitimate because Sal knew there would be a FE: Awakening rep. Keep her away from that garbage.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Do you guys think they have an unrestricted camera for this game? I have a hard time picturing how Sakurai would get this pic. Looks like he has been looking into mods and hacks that people made.
Unrestricted camera was discovered not through hacks and mods. It is activated with a cheat code. Of course developers of any game would have something like that. So, yes, they have unrestricted camera option, but only for themselves.
"B-but Chrom was just a placeholder! Sakurai considered Chrom and had him on the roster for the FEA: Awakening rep, see?! It's only outdated!"

My stomach churns every time I see someone say that Robin still makes the Gematsu leak legitimate because Sal knew there would be a FE: Awakening rep. Keep her away from that garbage.
I don't understand those idiots either. If it is outdated, then it is not legit because its THAT outdated. If it is not outdated, then it is fake because it got at least 1 thing wrong. I also hate those who say that Chrom was replaced by Robin/Lucina at the last second. He was considered, but then replaced by Robin/Lucina BEFORE the development of Sm4sh really started. But NOOOOOO, it is still legit.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Do you guys think they have an unrestricted camera for this game? I have a hard time picturing how Sakurai would get this pic. Looks like he has been looking into mods and hacks that people made.
Remember the Mario kart stage in brawl? Sakurai posted a picture of the whole track in an update eventhough we couldn't see it in game.

It means nothing my sweet child.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I hate to ask but... is this 200% legit confirmed? Sorry for off topic Mods, but this could very well relate to Riddles.
Every website n' their Gramma's are writing home about it, apparently.
So I'd say it's around 110%.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Gematsu leak was 100%. It was not officialy confirmed to be legit. It was revealed to be ether fake or...you know...So, 110% is too high. 39% is enough. It can be 100% only if Nintendo confirms it.
Also, remember Tails and Sonic in Melee rumor? Yeah, it was fake, but peoples believed that until someone had a proof it was fake. It wasn't just posted in the internet.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
My Dad Works at Nintendo and he said it's not legit because he told me that this is the final roster and to get other characters you have to pay $2648829290,- for DLC.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Rrrright. Nintendo giving the full roster on the 12th. Despite the fact that there are still newcomer trailers in the wings.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't make a lick of sense.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I doubt it's anything, probably just a recap like the corocoro magazine which also claimed to show everything, but we know that it won't. Unless we hear it from Masahiro Unpredictable or Iwata or whoever, then don't expect anything.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo or Sakurai will say something on Monday if it is such a HUGE release of information.

If nothing comes from them on Monday, then this rumor will essentially be dead.

I'm not putting any stock in it as of right now anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Either we're getting a direct tuesday being announced monday or Sakurai announcing a robin on Monday. IF THIS CORO thing is true and it is showing the final roster instead of having an empty claim like every other time.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also, if Corocoro will say something that wasn't proven to be real by Nintendo - don't 100% believe it. Just wait until it will be confirmed to be legit.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
So, getting back to Ridley, and not potential salty-splatoony leaky stuff, I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but how do you think his uh... "gravity/floatiness" will work. Falco in Melee could fly up high then drop down at a good speed. Ridley has wings, yet is pretty heavy, so how floaty do you think he will be?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Gematsu leak was 100%. It was not officialy confirmed to be legit. It was revealed to be ether fake or...you know...So, 110% is too high. 39% is enough. It can be 100% only if Nintendo confirms it.
Also, remember Tails and Sonic in Melee rumor? Yeah, it was fake, but peoples believed that until someone had a proof it was fake. It wasn't just posted in the internet.
But this time corocoro.tv is apparently talking about it.
And I'm pretty sure that says something. ._.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nintendo or Sakurai will say something on Monday if it is such a HUGE release of information.

If nothing comes from them on Monday, then this rumor will essentially be dead.

I'm not putting any stock in it as of right now anyways.
I'm pretty sure we were told about the Smash Direct the Friday before it happened, which was on a Tuesday.

I would have thought that if they were really revealing everything, they wouldn't announce it just the day before.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm pretty sure we were told about the Smash Direct the Friday before it happened, which was on a Tuesday.

I would have thought that if they were really revealing everything, they wouldn't announce it just the day before.
They do that for general directs.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Despite the fact that there are still newcomer trailers in the wings.
That's exactly it.
THE LAST TRAILER.
A SOOPA-DOOPA-KOOPA-AWESOME-GIGANTIC-BIG-MEGA REVEAL TRAILER FOR A BUNCH O' CHARACTERS.
*head explodes of over-hype*

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Looking back, Gematsu was always just a bunch of easy guesses plus Chorus Men to make it more legit. Of course it totally misses and falls at a slight curve ball in the form of Robin.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
No, it will be Fake Kraid, then Real Fake Kraid, then Fake Real Fake Kraid, then Real Fake Real Fake Kraid, then Real not Real Fake Real Fake Kraid and then his little brother.

He could hide in that hole since he were able to fit in to escape Samus in Other M. But the problem is...he was actually spinning like a bullet/drill/whatever you want with everything posed in such way it would allow him to fit in better and to make it harder to shoot him. In other words, he would be unable to fit in that hole without having to break it even more or without flying into it in the same way as he did before. And since that the stage and most likely the hole itself are smaller than they were in Metroid Other M, he won't be able to fit into that hole if he is still that big. Oh, and that hole was made when he ESCAPED this area, not entered it. Everything on this stage is based off Geothermal Power Plant AFTER the battle, not during or before the battle. But NOOO, NOOOO, still no chance.
Is any one of those Kraids meta Kraid? Always wanted to see how that guy nom'd

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That's exactly it.
THE LAST TRAILER.
A SOOPA-DOOPA-KOOPA-AWESOME-GIGANTIC-BIG-MEGA REVEAL TRAILER FOR A BUNCH O' CHARACTERS.
*head explodes of over-hype*
I'm pretty sure that huge, purple word wasn't accidental, was it?

I'd love a 10-minute trailer revealing like 7 characters (5 vets and 2 newcomers) or something.

Top Bottom