• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Stop...with the chest pains...and the tears...I just...

BTW, have you considered making a Beauty and the Beast parody with Ridley in there?
Prince Ridley - fabulous he - Ali Ababwaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Not yet, im just getting it started, playing off the Ali - Ridley similarity. Ill consider it tho~ :059:

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
My sister goes to Gamescom btw. And as I experienced that myself going with 2 women, there is something called "chick bonus". We get more gifts and everything, got to play back than Mario Kart 8 twice...and lots of more. Maybe someone here knows what I mean.

So should I command my sister to go to the Nintendo Section :>

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I saw some chatter about movesets. Obligatory re-posting of my moveset

Neutral B: Plasma Scatter:
Ridley shoots a fireball from his mouth that moves over a randomly selected trajectory with low damage. Holding down the button makes him charge the attack. A half-charged Plasma Scatter causes him to spit out five fireballs, all shooting out in different trajectories. A fully charged Plasma Scatter causes him to launch a large ball of plasma in front of him (diagonally downward in the air). Any fireball that hits the ground or a platform will cause a small fire to burn for about 2 seconds or until an enemy touches it.

Side B: Killer Claw:
Ridley reels back and lunges forward. If he makes contact with a foe within a certain distance, he will grab them. If used in the air, he will grab diagonally out below himself. From here, he can use a Direction and the B button to do a few different things including bite the enemy and throw them in four directions. However, each throw behaves differently.
--Forward throw - Ridley claws the foe with his free hand.
--Back throw - Throws the foe away behind himself.
--Up throw - Ridley blasts the foe with plasma, sending them off at an upward angle.
--Down throw- On the ground, Ridley drags the foe across the ground before tossing the forward. In the air, Ridley flies up and then comes crashing down, slamming the foe into the ground. It's very possible to SD while dragging the foe down with him.
If he grabs an enemy in the air, Ridley can still jump while holding them.

Up B: Flight:
Obvious enough, Ridley crouches and then pushes himself up into the air. Not meant to be an actual damaging move, the only hitbox is when Ridley leaps up, knocking enemies up with him. When used in the air, this move acts differently, he flaps his wings and ascends into the air. As he goes up, he creates a gust of wind beneath him, which is capable of pushing opponents downwards in the air. He can use normal and special attacks while in flight. This special move does not put him into a helpless state.

Down B: Terrify:
Ridley will inhale sharply then let out a terrifying roar, briefly surrounding himself with a shock-wave. If it hits an enemy while they're on the ground, it will paralyze them. The time stunned is relevant to the amount of damage they have. If it hits an airborne enemy, it will force them into a tumbling state. Foes can still recover after this attack though.

Final Smash: Adaptation:
Ridley roars and his skin darkens. In this state, he gains super armor and reflects projectiles off his body for a short time. As the FS comes to an end, Ridley expels his hardened skin in a shock wave surrounding himself. (Only Samus' Super Missile can break this FS, but unfortunately Adam hasn't authorized that to happen.)

Jab: Downward claw swipe, mirrored for second jab.
Dash: Ridley lunges and swings his claws in a downward arc.
F-tilt: Ridley does a one-handed claw swipe in front of himself.
U-Tilt: Ridley snaps his jaws upward.
D-tilt: Ridley jabs his tail forward, stabbing the ground in front of him. Long reach.

F-smash: Ridley swings his arm in an upward motion, juggling enemies up into the air in front of him.
--F-smash 2: Ridley lunges diagonally up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
U-smash: Ridley turns sideways and swings both hands above his head in a downward arc.
--U-smash 2: Ridley lunges straight up, tackling juggled foes and putting himself airborne.*
D-smash: Ridley spins in place, swinging his tail around him. This attack hits multiple times, dragging the foe along with the motion of the tail before tossing them up and away from Ridley.
--D-smash 2: Ridley lunges up after tossed foes, putting himself airborne.*
(*The second part each Smash attack can only be used if the attack hits something.)

N-Air: A general claw swipe
F-air: Ridley does a double-handed swipe in a downward motion. Meteor smash.
B-air: Ridley kicks back with his leg, turning himself to face behind him. Changes Ridley's facing.
U-air: Ridley does a front-flip, swiping his tail upwards followed by his talons.
D-air: Ridley stabs downward with his tail.

Grab/Pummel: Ridley grabs the enemy/Ridley bites the enemy
F-throw: Throws the foe up and forward into the air
B-throw: Basic backhanded throw up into the air
U-throw: Lifts foe above his head them skewers them with his tail
D-throw: Slam the foe onto the ground then hit them with a blast of fire
If I recall correctly, Adaption should also increase the speed of his attacks or something. I'm not all that fluent in Smash Jargon, but you know what I mean.

See! there BFF's! no one is getting hurt here, expect for samus and luigi.

Can only find a Ridley model for Gmod, but as soon as I get one for SMF these will be a lot better.
Ah, so THIS is why people hate Roidley's face.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guys, as much as people detest the Youtube comments, I suggest you take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYe-_tdLY8w

There's a surprising amount of yes and maybes in that comment section. Also I like how the non Ridley-ers approach their thoughts about Ridley being in compared to the ones that thinks he's in.

Anyways, it's late, I'm off to bed. See ya, fellow Space Pirates.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Asking nicely and showing interest can't exactly hurt, though. There's always DLC, and it could help Sakurai feel better about his awesome decision to include Ridley.
no... NO!

do NOT bring that back to this topic... it started a war last time it was mentioned... NEVER bring up DLC again!

sakurai is creating a complete game, he i not going to leave parts out to sell later, damn it.

My sister goes to Gamescom btw. And as I experienced that myself going with 2 women, there is something called "chick bonus". We get more gifts and everything, got to play back than Mario Kart 8 twice...and lots of more. Maybe someone here knows what I mean.

So should I command my sister to go to the Nintendo Section :>
..."chick bonus"?

in other words, sexism. :/

speaking of gamescom, i doubt anything about ridley will pop up there, either... every day that goes by in this month is damaging my hope that ridley will ever be revealed as playable.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
sakurai is creating a complete game, he i not going to leave parts out to sell later, damn it.
This might sound odd considering a whole lot of companies do it anyway, but DLC does not always mean that parts of games are left out to sell later. Sometimes it's just content (extra skins, new characters) that are added later because there was no time to add them beforehand. And hey, sometimes it even is free!

That said, I doubt DLC characters will be added, or DLC Ridley for that matter. He is already in the game in some form, probably playable.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
This might sound odd considering a whole lot of companies do it anyway, but DLC does not always mean that parts of games are left out to sell later. Sometimes it's just content (extra skins, new characters) that are added later because there was no time to add them beforehand. And hey, sometimes it even is free!

That said, I doubt DLC characters will be added, or DLC Ridley for that matter. He is already in the game in some form, probably playable.
but that is what these people are insinuating by suggesting ridley being added through DLC... we KNOW he is already in the game.

whatever... dont care about views on the subject, point is, it needs to be dropped... or does no one remember the war this subject started last time?

it was almost as bad as when that one guy came in here with his flawed logic on why ridley would not be playable.

i think we've had enough wars in this topic, is all.

moving on... wondering if i missed anything... or is corocoro still going on about pokemon?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
but that is what these people are insinuating by suggesting ridley being added through DLC... we KNOW he is already in the game.

whatever... dont care about views on the subject, point is, it needs to be dropped... or does no one remember the war this subject started last time?

it was almost as bad as when that one guy came in here with his flawed logic on why ridley would not be playable.

i think we've had enough wars in this topic, is all.

moving on... wondering if i missed anything... or is corocoro still going on about pokemon?
Flame wars is what at least half of this thread is. It is either Metroid Other M, toobigots, DLC or off-topic stuff.

There was Palutena images with some of her specials. Nothing else.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Flame wars is what at least half of this thread is. It is either Metroid Other M, toobigots, DLC or off-topic stuff.

There was Palutena images with some of her specials. Nothing else.
That was the Famitsu, not the Corocoro.
If you want to distinguish the two, imagine Famitsu is a cool dude that explains stuff, while Corocoro doesn't know how to crank his own volume down.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Guys just calm down if gamescom is the biggest game convention (340,000 people where there last year) we should expect a major reveal.
Or you know, it'll be like last year where everyone was expecting something but we got nothing. Don't expect anything, expectations only hurt you in a Smash game's prerelease period.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Or you know, it'll be like last year where everyone was expecting something but we got nothing. Don't expect anything, expectations only hurt you in a Smash game's prerelease period.
Ridley?
Who is Ridley? Never heard of him. Playable? Really? Doubt it.

Completely agree, just enjoy whatever Gamescom brings and don't hope for anything. Sure it's more game focused than Comic Con but we have to keep our expectations very low.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Completely agree, just enjoy whatever Gamescom brings and don't hope for anything. Sure it's more game focused than Comic Con but we have to keep our expectations very low.
just out of curiosity, does anyone know what gamescom IS bringing?

like, are they holding another smash bros. tournament there, or something?

...for the record, i have no idea what gamescom is.

since i dont have the money to travel to these gatherings, i dont bother to learn about them.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... No, we shouldn't.
So Much This.

This is the same company that:
a) Revealed Pac-Man (a character that had strong support/would generate hype) behind closed doors
b) Revealed NOTHING at the Smash Bros. Invitational
c) Revealed nothing at SDCC
d) Has had a number of underwhelming "surprises" in the past.

I'm expecting absolutely nothing at Gamescom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So Much This.

a) Revealed Pac-Man (a character that had strong support/would generate hype) behind closed doors

I'm expecting absolutely nothing here.
I don't know why people expected anything from comic con. It was false hopes and dreams. If Sakurai says nothing of it, expect nothing of it.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
So Much This.

I'm expecting absolutely nothing at Gamescom.
The first point especially. We can only hope for news from twitter because day one is closed behind doors to business and media. The least we could hope for is an announcement for a direct and the most could hope for would probably be Ridley...

Edit: I don't expect anything on the following days... just like E3. Day one or nothing.

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the Day:

"Is that Isabelle? One of our newest assistants in the assist trophy catalog? Why of course not! It is just our little friend dropping by."

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
A little sneak peek:
His hands probably aren't this large but whatever. If only I could stop detailing things and then sketching whole other parts of the body while being confused about facial layouts at the same time, nnghrhr.

Pic of the Day:

"Is that Isabelle? One of our newest assistants in the assist trophy catalog? Why of course not! It is just our little friend dropping by."

oh god that is adorable
villager approves

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
A little sneak peek:
His hands probably aren't this large but whatever. If only I could stop detailing things and then sketching whole other parts of the body while being confused about facial layouts at the same time, nnghrhr.

oh god that is adorable
villager approves
Who's the person supposed to be? I assume it's a dude.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Who's the person supposed to be? I assume it's a dude.
A du-
What?
It's obviously supposed to be a woman whose facial characteristics I couldn't be bothered to project onto her person because I am a lazy bum. Uh, also, hair I guess.
No it's ZSS. Yes, it's silly.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
A du-
What?
It's obviously supposed to be a woman whose facial characteristics I couldn't be bothered to project onto her person because I am a lazy bum. Uh, also, hair I guess.
No it's ZSS. Yes, it's silly.
Apologies. The shoulders just looked a little broad to be feminine.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Apologies. The shoulders just looked a little broad to be feminine.
Well, I'll probably have to change that then. The head feels a bit too small too. Ech. Gotta pull out the dreaded eraser again, and destroy those precious, precious minutes of work or something. Wheeee!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Fun Fact, Ridley was creating a Robo-Version of himself in order to have a worthy opponent

And By "Worthy Opponent" I mean a R-R-R-RAP BATTLE OPPONEEEEEEENT

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I assume we'll get a new character reveal sometime in August, but there's always the chance Sakurai holds it until right before the game comes out, in early September.

I'm just afraid that if Ridley isn't announced beforehand he's being saved for a bossley announcement :/

The last month is the hardest :/

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I assume we'll get a new character reveal sometime in August, but there's always the chance Sakurai holds it until right before the game comes out, in early September.

I'm just afraid that if Ridley isn't announced beforehand he's being saved for a bossley announcement :/

The last month is the hardest :/
I agree that the last month is the hardest, but it is actually passing quite fast. It is almost the 10th already. I think we are getting a reveal in August, because it is very unlikely that we will not get a general Nintendo Direct, probably focused on the 3DS this month. I am not sure if Ridley is will be the revealed character, though... I wan to believe he will, but I am afraid it will be Shulk or some other character. :~~

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I agree that the last month is the hardest, but it is actually passing quite fast. It is almost the 10th already. I think we are getting a reveal in August, because it is very unlikely that we will not get a general Nintendo Direct, probably focused on the 3DS this month. I am not sure if Ridley is will be the revealed character, though... I wan to believe he will, but I am afraid it will be Shulk or some other character. :~~
Yeah I have those same fears. August is going fast so far, but I've been at a con the last few days xD. But I also rather the rest of August will go slow for me, for other reasons. Guess either way will have a silver lining.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Has there ever been a late bimonthly Direct?

I mean, what if it's after August 12?

Top Bottom