• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Expected your signature ridlizard pic. Was dissapointed.

Also everyone that is famitsu, not corocoro. there is nothing corocoro related to smash yet :(
Dangit! We're over-hyped!
...StillwantthoseMegaMan/VillagerFamitsuScans...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Now I may be overlooking this, but in the first link it says "Two fighters from Kid Icarus join!". I know that they most likely meant Pit and Palutena, but why should they include Pit when he already was in Brawl?

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
[/spoiler]

Now I may be overlooking this, but in the first link it says "Two fighters from Kid Icarus join!". I know that they most likely meant Pit and Palutena, but why should they include Pit when he already was in Brawl?
Because it's a Japanese magazine. They try to make everything more exciting than it should be.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I can't wait until Ridley is confirmed playable. Just think of the chaos that would unfold in the Mii Verse community:

It makes me delighted just thinking about it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Because it's a Japanese magazine. They try to make everything more exciting than it should be.
If by "everything" you mean Ridley, then no, not really. :4falcon:
I wanted to do that. :troll:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not looking. Not opening up that spoiler. No matter what you guys say I will never open it.
Don't worry, Waluigi is safe.
Rayman took the bullet.
Darn Chickley, ruining Childhoods since OTHER-M arrived.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
THEORY TIME!

So we set the scene in Zero Mission, Ridley is a slick jet black, Samus kicks his a** and he is sent in to be rebuilt as meta Ridley, Ridley starts to lose color as he should be dead making him the trademark purple. He then fights Samus as his new robotic form, he loses but flees. Then in metroid prime 3 Ridley is slowly healing and turning a hue of blue as flesh starts to take over his body once more even before the phazon and is rapidly sped up in Omega Ridley form with the phazon. This is where he starts to heal to super metroid status, afterwards his body pushes out the unneeded robotic parts and he has returned to a normal purple hue, still watered down from his normal jet black, but it will suffice. Super metroid then marks the death of OG Ridley. As Roidley died as soon as he grew up, he never achieved Jet black coloring.
And the X picked Roidley's carcass and turn him into a nauseous blue, vanshee zombie.

I approve 100%, but only if he flexes his arms in the "Do you even lift" style that he has in his Fusion sprite.

But more taunting like.
Hang on a minute.

I see what they did there...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not looking. Not opening up that spoiler. No matter what you guys say I will never open it.

See? Safe n' Sound. You're not the only one who'll drink the water if Waluigi gets it. I'm with ya.
As for who the victim was... I'd rather not show it. Rather gruesome for poor Rayman.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
As soon

See? Safe n' Sound. You're not the only one who'll drink the water if Waluigi gets it. I'm with ya.
As for who the victim was... I'd rather not show it. Rather gruesome for poor Rayman.
As soon as I get a Ridley model for SFM I will make a series of pics or videos showing Ridley and Waluigi as best friends.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
As soon

As soon as I get a Ridley model for SFM I will make a series of pics or videos showing Ridley and Waluigi as best friends.
...Y'know, I'd see them being friends.
Tall, Purple, Diabolical (atleast, in the N64 Days for Waluigi.) and--if I do say so m'self--Very handsome fellows.
Plus both have a nack for Explosive objects. Bob-ombs for Waluigi, and entire freaking Planets for Ridley.
...I APPROVE OF THIS.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I saw Ridley's figure through the leaves of the trees today? Could this be a sign, a sign of a direct coming at leviathian speed?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait just a darn bloomin' second.
Charizard/Greninja's Trailer.
When Charizard was swooping down, what was Mario running towards?
Why were Kirby, Link, Olimar and Samus there?
Were they looking for something?
Someone?
Why are they searching in a dark, stormy area such rough terrain, filled with Supernatural Beasts (Like Charizard)?
And did anyone notice a slight fade to DARK PURPLE where Mario was headed, way at the East Side?

...Dude.
Charizard be like;
"Want your Ridley Trailer? NOT TODAY!"
then ruined the show, waking up Greninja, then all the shenanigans happen.

Although I don't very much like the drawings...
...Can Firbley eat Charizard next?
(notGreninjatho)

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Someone?
Why are they searching in a dark, stormy area such rough terrain, filled with Supernatural Beasts (Like Charizard)?
And did anyone notice a slight fade to DARK PURPLE where Mario was headed, way at the East Side?

...Dude.
Charizard be like;

(notGreninjatho)
To be honest, the only Ridley related thing that the trailer had was the tree branch that Greninja was standing on that looks like Ridley.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
To be honest, the only Ridley related thing that the trailer had was the tree branch that Greninja was standing on that looks like Ridley.
I like theories tho.
So I wanted to make one. :3

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What about Ridley's 8-bit sprite in the mountain/rock/whatever? I read some people talking about it a few weeks ago.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Someone?

...Dude.
Charizard be like;

(notGreninjatho)
It's kinda hard to give pokemon a context outside of battling, especially when they are being represented in a game that is just about fighting. Also since they can't show a pokemon trainer without it causing a speculation maelstrom, they just opted to show a bunch of pokemon as a euphamism for the entire pokemon universe with Charizard as their main representative (approved by our very own pikachu) and greninja as the Dark Horse entry.

Though WHO THREW ALL OF THOSE POKEBALLS IN THE FIRST PLACE??

Edit: It was Ridley guyz

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Regarding which design of Ridley we'll get, I think the Other M Ridley might work well. One of the main things I had trouble with when thinking of this idea was how awkwardly skinny Super Metroid/Brawl Ridley's neck was. Comparing it to the Other M Ridley, (or Roidley as you guys call him :p), that design would be awkward to rescale. Ridley (Other M) bears a clear humanoid shape, which might work in Smash if resized.

However, I'm often struggling to find a move set for Ridley... :( I know the fireballs would work as a Neutral Special, and he can fly with an Up Special, I'm just not sure how to make him unique without Charizard coming to mind.:4charizard: Maybe I'll let Sakurai deal with movesets. If he can make a moveset for these characters: :4pacman::4wiifit::gw::rob::4greninja::4falcon:, Surely he'd make a really good Ridley in Smash 4.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Regarding which design of Ridley we'll get, I think the Other M Ridley might work well. One of the main things I had trouble with when thinking of this idea was how awkwardly skinny Super Metroid/Brawl Ridley's neck was. Comparing it to the Other M Ridley, (or Roidley as you guys call him :p), that design would be awkward to rescale. Ridley (Other M) bears a clear humanoid shape, which might work in Smash if resized.

However, I'm often struggling to find a move set for Ridley... :( I know the fireballs would work as a Neutral Special, and he can fly with an Up Special, I'm just not sure how to make him unique without Charizard coming to mind.:4charizard: Maybe I'll let Sakurai deal with movesets. If he can make a moveset for these characters: :4pacman::4wiifit::gw::rob::4greninja::4falcon:, Surely he'd make a really good Ridley in Smash 4.
It's not Roidley, it's Emiley

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's an idea;
  • Grab Roidley
  • Hunch him over a bit
  • Make his arms a teeny bit shorter