• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To get away from the off-topic and the Mr. Lange...situation, I come with a question.

Ridley. Should he have a Pogo-Tail Down Air? I think that'd be funny.

CalumG

Smash Lord

A couple of the animations look a bit stiff, but this shows off perfectly that Ridley would be neither too big nor too powerful, whilst still remaining in character. If Ridley were included, something like this but a little more polished would be a fantastic representation of him and a good all-round fighter.

CalumG

Smash Lord
More like a LOT more polish...
Well the point still stands, Ridley's inclusion is not an issue of size, character or "fitting in well", as this video proves - he'd simply need some fluid animations and a solid moveset to work in Smash, which I have no doubt the team can deliver.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
To get away from the off-topic and the Mr. Lange...situation, I come with a question.

Ridley. Should he have a Pogo-Tail Down Air? I think that'd be funny.

In the very least, it should be him stabbing downward with his tail... no real opinion on whether or not it'd actually make him bounce on the ground/enemies. I guess it'd be a little more different, add some unpredictability to his aerial movements.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Boy like i said i joined this forum for 3 main reasons.

1# get smash info first

2# knowing & understanding the true smart smash fans opnions on descions made on the game.

3** (the most important) - Kick PeePz Ass at the game when it comes out.

No where on that list does it say ''make friends of be a role model''

I didnt come here to make friends! Althogh alot of you are cool making friends is a bonus i have grown to like some of you more than others but there is no one i hate here.

I appreciate the PeePZ sticking up for me me like Swampasuar but lol at verbal bullying...i live in London thats not a cherry compared to the misery i have been through abd thats ego aside believe me or not thats up to you im just letting you know!

Bannish me to the Shadow Realam? Bro this aint Yu-Gi-Oh Mr Langee Kong...you wanna Banish me go ahead.

I aint no troll if i was a i would admit it banish me if you cant put me on ignore.

*RealTalk*

Kamiko

Smash Ace
In the very least, it should be him stabbing downward with his tail... no real opinion on whether or not it'd actually make him bounce on the ground/enemies. I guess it'd be a little more different, add some unpredictability to his aerial movements.
I think it should bounce him back up if he uses it close to the ground, but otherwise just stab regularly. If it just barely reaches the ground, it should spark and give off a satisfying crack, letting unweary players know to avoid the maximum range.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

A couple of the animations look a bit stiff, but this shows off perfectly that Ridley would be neither too big nor too powerful, whilst still remaining in character. If Ridley were included, something like this but a little more polished would be a fantastic representation of him and a good all-round fighter.
This is actually pretty good as far as fan hacks go. I don't know why I never considered having Ridley hover off the ground. My only complaints are that I think he'd need to be a tad bigger and they should definitely do something about that pipe cleaner neck. :laugh:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I was able to get my pics after many try, so there it is :
But, first one for our best friends :

And to really begin now, here's two with Samus :

One with a fellow dragon...uh I mean Flying fiery lizard :

Then one with the Big guy from Brawl :

And finally one with the king of ev1lz :

Am I the only who will be alright if this Ridley just get a little bigger ?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Dang, he's pretty tiny in those... I generally picture him having his body/hitbox to be the same size as Samus. So, maybe a 20% size increase on that guy?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I was able to get my pics after many try, so there it is :
But, first one for our best friends :

And to really begin now, here's two with Samus :

One with a fellow dragon...uh I mean Flying fiery lizard :

Then one with the Big guy from Brawl :

And finally one with the king of ev1lz :

Ganondorf and Bowser are TOO BiG.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe Ridley should be a little bigger

Also notice HOW THE NECK IS BENT

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What Golden Said. Ridley would have to be fatter, and taller. Not to mention, his Other M appearance is different, which is probably what he is going to show up as.

Again. Just make him as tall as Bowser in Smash U, and as wide as Charizard in Brawl. BOOM.

You got a playable version of Ridley.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I know but it was just to see how the Ridley trophy stand against playable characters trophies.
If they were to the scale of the characters like they are in the game the Ridley trophy would of course be way Bigger.

D

Deleted member

Not related to any argument at hand, but I thought this was awesome and deep.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So i'm kind of considering getting Other M. I just want to play it, especially when I can get it for like $4.

Still have to beat Super Metroid...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So i'm kind of considering getting Other M. I just want to play it, especially when I can get it for like $4.

Still have to beat Super Metroid...
If you ever plan on playing Other M do so before you play any other Metroid game, in that way it's possible that the game isn't as butchered as it is for us who were Metroid fans prior to the game's release.

If you have played other Metroid games though, I wouldn't really bother with it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If you ever plan on playing Other M do so before you play any other Metroid game, in that way it's possible that the game isn't as butchered as it is for us who were Metroid fans prior to the game's release.

If you have played other Metroid games though, I wouldn't really bother with it.
I've played all three Prime games, and started Super Metroid. I also played Metroid Fusion but gave up on it.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I liked The Other M for the most part. I thought the gameplay was pretty good. So overall, I enjoyed it. If you can get it for $4 it's definitely worth it.

The parts of the game where you have to look around for a clue are pretty annoying though. In two of the cases I took forever and it was because the thing I was looking for was not obvious (the part in the plain-like area) and the other the thing was very small (in the snowy area).

I disliked the story aspects with regard to Samus, Ridley's baby forms and Adam Malkovich. Also as others have said, don't like Ridley's ugly head with it's tapering and upward curving beak.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've played all three Prime games, and started Super Metroid. I also played Metroid Fusion but gave up on it.
If you didn't like Fusion then I certainly don't recommend it, as it has a lot of similarities to it (story-driven, linear, zones are split into sectors, same director.)

It's pretty much a jacked-up 3D version of Fusion, but it puts a lot more weight into a lackluster story than anything else. I personally liked Fusion, but I didn't like this one very much, so I certainly wouldn't recommend it to you if you didn't like Fusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the parts where the woman wouldn't do anything unless the man told her she could do it.

Like going through a lava area and burning to death, but not putting on heat protection until he told her to

Other M was real good

Top Bottom