• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All of that noise.
Not that's it's really relevant anymore, but this isn't the thread for it. We're already skating on thin ice (all ice is thin under Ridley's massive girth, really) with the mods threatening to lock this for not being on topic.

I feel like if Sakurai wanted Ridley in Smash, he would have been in it already. ZSS being in before Ridley, as well as Ridley being a boss in SSE, makes it seem as though Sakurai doesn't care much for the dragon thing.
>Doesn't care much about the dragon
>Makes him a boss twice in the same game

In the case of Ridley, a dark reprise of the Weapon Get music Samus uses would probably be what is used.
After all, The Cover Changes The Meaning.
I disagree. Meta Knight's theme fit because he's not really the antagonist to Kirby that Ridley is (not to mention you play as him often in the Kirby games). The cover can change the meaning slightly, but it'll still be odd if Ridley gets the generic "Item Get" music considering A) That's not so much a Metroid theme/jingle as it is a Samus-specific one. It'd be like him getting Samus' Main Theme to play for the credits in Classic/All-Star Mode. Yeah they could do it (and would be extremely lazy of them to) but it won't seem fitting at all, no matter how dark/edgy the remix is.

As I said, I think aside from his signature theme there's a few people may be neglecting to consider (his NES one, mainly)

[collapse=(Obligatory) Ridley Battle Theme - M:OM]
The reprise part with the added percussion, albeit a bit snipped.[/collapse]
[collapse=Ridley's Lair - Metroid (NES)]
Imagining a sped-up tempo rock/Prime-sounding version, ending where the theme begins to loop.[/collapse]
[collapse=Crateria (Space Pirate Appear)/Pirate Homeworld (Super Metroid/Metroid Prime 3)]
I admit this one's a bit of a stretch, but given how Ridley is their leader and all, and Sakurai loves going with the classics, I think it would be awesome. Just imagining Ridley doing a sassy strut ending with a roar to it.[/collapse][collapse=Space Pirates (Metroid Prime Trilogy)]
Obvious that Prime hasn't received much love in terms of music, and in general as far as Metroid love in Japan goes (the whole "technically not canon" thing according to Sakamoto doesn't help). But I'm pretty sure even Sakurai'd recognize one of the more familiar themes across all 3 games.[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

As promised, here's my half-assed attempt at making a Ridley/Gilbert Gottfried video.

WARNING: Foul language NSFW.

....turned Ridley into a random chatterbox.

What have I done....?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As promised, here's my half-***** attempt at making a Ridley/Gilbert Gottfried video.

....made Ridley into a chatterbox.
That was amazing.

I feel complete now.

D

Deleted member

I really wish I were as confident as JohnKnight about Ridley or King K. Rool's inclusion. :/
At the very least I feel more confident in Ridley and King K. Rool's inclusion than I did Mega Man's, so I have a good feeling in regards to both naturally.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As promised, here's my half-***** attempt at making a Ridley/Gilbert Gottfried video.

....turned Ridley into a random chatterbox.

What have I done....?
You know i played this with my mum right next to me...(-_-)...WFT man...god..right when he said that about pamela anderson...total look of embarsment and no shame......

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Golden, you deserve some sort of cookie for that video. :laugh:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wait, what, really? That's great news! That was quick, too. I guess they realized they dun goofed, huh?
I bet they honestly didn't even realize what they were cancelling. Nintendo America is pretty thick, and they recently went on a hunt to shut down/put ads on all youtube videos with their games, ****ing over a bunch of people who do let's plays. They probably thought this was something similar >.>

And if Ridley's shadow is too big, does that mean the whole stage is just always gonna be dark?

And.. after all these comments, I think I'll save this video for after I get home from work @.@

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gilbert Godfried confirmed for Smash :troll:.

Also, Pikachu took Ridley down with a thunderbolt. I guess Ridley CAN be handled by other characters in Smash Bros....

D

Deleted member

You know i played this with my mum right next to me...(-_-)...WFT man...god..right when he said that about pamela anderson...total look of embarsment and no shame......

Did you not read the warning above the video that said there was foul language and was NSFW?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Come to think of it, you should be a big Ridley supporter, Opossum, since Ridley is sort of known for playing opossum. You always think he's dead, but he never is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually am a rather big (haha:troll: ) Ridley supporter, since he's just incredibly badass. And this is saying something, considering I've admittedly never played a Metroid game, but definitely will once I get a Wii U and download Super Metroid.

And the playing 'possum part is of course, awesome too. Also why I'm a K. Rool supporter. :awesome:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Come to think of it, you should be a big Ridley supporter, Opossum, since Ridley is sort of known for playing opossum. You always think he's dead, but he never is.
K.Rool is the bloody king of that! My days....what s legend...he overly took the piss outta my life in DKC2 and i love him for it.

I really hope they will announce a release date soon for this game so i can take a long break from this forum actually dont come back till release i wanna melee myself with the newcomers.

But i also wanna know info on the game apart from chars...hehehe i know...thats impossible....Ugh...(-_-) man..i really wanna melee myself im sure i could do it.

Knowing Mewtwo will return will tide me ova.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
K.Rool is the bloody king of that! My days....what s legend...he overly took the piss outta my life in DKC2 and i love him for it.

I really hope they will announce a release date soon for this game so i can take a long break from this forum actually dont come back till release i wanna melee myself with the newcomers.

But i also wanna know info on the game apart from chars...hehehe i know...thats impossible....Ugh...(-_-) man..i really wanna melee myself im sure i could do it.

Knowing Mewtwo will return will tide me ova.
Wow, you really are English. You said take the piss out... well technically you said "take the piss outta" but close enough. I've looked that expression up a few times, and still can't remember what it means.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wow, you really are English. You said take the piss out... well technically you said "take the piss outta" but close enough. I've looked that expression up a few times, and still can't remember what it means.
Well, he did say he was English. It also says London, England on his location.

Maybe he even knows lego @.@

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Lmfaooooooo i already told you that i like you right?

@samusrules - yh of course i know Lego lol my bro had a huge hard on for it when he waz a kid.

Also... ------>
102.jpg

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Lmfaooooooo i already told you that i like you right?

@samusrules - yh of course i know Lego lol my bro had a huge hard on for it when he waz a kid.

Also... ------> View attachment 1391
heh, I meant an old Ridley fan from the old days, legolastom. we called him lego. he lived somewhere in england, I forget where.

also he got banned, lol. dem ridley fans. always getting banned.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The smallest of the small confirmed, nowhere to go but upbigger from here. Alternatively, Sakurai is trolling with size comparisons.

I really didn't think I'd see the day someone called Kirby too big.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The smallest of the small confirmed, nowhere to go but upbigger from here.
Yep, since the next character reveal shall be bigger than olimar, it's that much more likely to be Ridley. statistics ftw.

And Oasis, I see you don't need my extra metroid xD. I may or may not have 3 now.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yep, since the next character reveal shall be bigger than olimar, it's that much more likely to be Ridley. statistics ftw.

And Oasis, I see you don't need my extra metroid xD. I may or may not have 3 now.
Going by game promotion Mewtwo could get announced in October or whenever the movie is realeasing in japan.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, Olimar does actually look bigger than before. Some form of nerf?

AND YEAH BASKET. THAT'S RIGHT. NOW THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO EVER VISIT MY TOWN EVER.

Reznor

work in progress
DKCR 3D or M&L Dream Team?

Which one? Thinking of getting a 3DS game.

I love the Saga series but Dream Team doesnt look that great..advice?
well i'm biased towards Dream Team so I say Dream Team (lucky English ******** get it a month before us :mad: ) also DKCR 3D I think is a remake of the Wii one so why not just get Wii one?

Top Bottom