• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a pile of sticks?

That's absurd. Sticks don't have the physical capability nor the mental capacity to type on a keyboard. :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I feel like people who say things like "**** munching ass crab" are the type of people that finds combining random curse words with nouns to be comedy gold

In other words, they really shouldn't be given the time of day or taken seriously

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
You see what happened when you quoted that post? It filtered out words. Beautiful. The problem is that it missed a few.
That is why I your senator Lange am campaigning to eliminate the RealTalk menace for a better tomorrow.
Listen to that.
RealTalk.
You can just... see the cowboy hat Shy Guy in it...

If you have problem with him then just click this link, http://smashboards.com/members/dark-phazon.216544/ignore. It's not that hard to click ignore on him instead of causing problems in this thread.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
So you're of a race of racists? Does your racist race have any racy racial stereotypes?

It does, they haze out and terrorize sticks because they apparently aren't capable of intelligence or the ability to type. And considering that Fire is super effective against Grass/wood it'd be easy for Golden to make a few 'accidents' happen. The nerve of some people! I'm on to you Golden!

D

Deleted member

It does, they haze out and terrorize sticks because they apparently aren't capable of intelligence or the ability to type. And considering that Fire is super effective against Grass/wood it'd be easy for Golden to make a few 'accidents' happen. The nerve of some people! I'm on to you Golden!
Sure, just like I'm sure you wouldn't just love to splash a little water or throw some rocks at me. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

Oh shi-
Chansey is Villager's Pokémon.

Though we should really get back to Ridley before a mod gets after us.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Steelia

Smash Champion
Goodness, I can't keep up with this topic anymore. Though it sounds like the last few pages have been going to some dark places.
Go Ridley?

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
If you have problem with him then just click this link, http://smashboards.com/members/dark-phazon.216544/ignore. It's not that hard to click ignore on him instead of causing problems in this thread.
I don't ignore others, I'm not immature like that. I'd rather continue to be open to what they have to say, even if I don't like or agree with it.
Also, for the love of god, I was not serious about that thing. How is everyone here so gullible.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I don't ignore others, I'm not immature like that. I'd rather continue to be open to what they have to say, even if I don't like or agree with it.
Also, for the love of god, I was not serious about that thing. How is everyone here so gullible.

Nice backtracking, but I'm glad that you are not immature enough to do that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Grass type starters are master race. That's not being racist, that's just fact.
Facts are racist/speciesist/homophobic sometimes. Something isn't true or false just because it's hateful or anything like that.

But yeah, grass starters are best starters.

Ash's Treecko is so ****ing cute, I'm just dying of cuteness here.

...What Ridley topic should we talk about?

What would be funny is if there was a second SSB4 trailer and this happened:
Mewtwo and Little Mac make their debuts somewhere around the trailer's middle on a new Pokemon themed stage.
Little Birdie bursts through a hole in the wall, comically trips on the ground, and hisses at everyone.

Mewtwo fires some kind of ray at Little Mac, but it misses and instead hits Birdie. Birdie rapidly "evolves" to his stage 2 form: Ridley!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With how busier I had been with work and how much faster the thread had been moving the past few or I don't know how many days now, I mainly just lurked some in between taking care of other things. Where to begin....

Well first off, I don't really have anything against Mr Lange. He's alright compared to others that have argued in the thread before, and he's not so much against Ridley himself as he is the idea resizing/scaling him down. Not everyone who wants him in wants it to be that way, which is understandable.
... And I thought the thing he said about Dark Phazon and the "realtalk" catchphrase was funny too. What else....

Oasis is banned, really? Didn't think I'd be saying this, but he must be Strong for his inevitable comeback.

More on topic with the character, I don't remember if it has or how often it's been brought up before, but I would like the 'tail squeeze to the neck' that Ridley used on an old hapless Chozo in the manga to be incorporated in like his ground throws/grabs, whether it's at the beginning or end of the animation.

That image is awesome Steelia! Speaking of which...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley is the best!
Bigger than the rest! :laugh: :troll: :grin:
Anyway, Canon really means little for Smash. Ridley can be resized just fine and I honestly don't see what the big issue is over it. Then again, we had the likes of "Toon Link is too cell-shaded to be in Smash" in the Pre-Brawl days and look how Sakurai threw that silly argument out of the window.
As the biggest Toon Link supporter pre-Brawl on the internet, this is 100% fact. People also said Toon Link was "too kiddie" for Smash. Really=??? We had two puffballs, an electric rat, and freaking a bunch of Nintendo characters. They're all very child friendly. Now people say the opposite with Ridley, even though in the last smash game we had a chain smoker who's killed hundreds of people, a hedgehog who has had a relationship with a human (bestiality confirmed), and a demon turtle guy (who is fairly cartoony).
lol @Oasis being banned.

I've straight up talked **** to sooooooo many people on this board, and never been banned. You think that little Krabby butt is gonna get banned?

And leave Dark Peepee alone. He's a nice lady.
My persona of "THE GOD OF GODS" should have been banned; I was such a super troll crap talker with that persona! Two weeks ago I was dropping some real crap on some Ridley haters on this thread and other threads, and honestly, it felt kinda good to "win" against them their way, and thus prove my superiority! :shades:

/ends super egotistical persona

Good that persona was abandoned in favor of "THE GOD OF SMASH," "THE CUNNING GOD OF DEATH," and "THE CHAMP!!!"

Also, was Oasis really banned=??? For realsies=???

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People realize that Oasis was never banned right?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So it's some kind of inside joke I wasn't made aware of?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Grass type starters are master race. That's not being racist, that's just fact.
On the whole I'm the unoriginal b*stard who likes the fire type starters best, with the grand exception of Mudkip. I even like Tepig... sue me, he's cute.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Talking about Ridley's size as a reason he will or won't be playable is so stupid, you should get an infraction for bringing it up here. All it does is waste people's time, much like how talking about *insert a minor Fire Emblem character like 25 people know of* as the best idea for a newcomer ever wastes of time... except this has no basis in reality in any way, shape, or form.
Were the **** is JohnKnight...he is the queen troll we need that bro in here. RealTalk.
Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math,Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math, Math

Also, I don't want to lower myself to the standards of people that are too short to see that Ridley is too big to NOT be playable in Smash Bros! :chuckle:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Also, I don't want to lower myself to the standards of people that are too short to see that Ridley is too big to NOT be playable in Smash Bros! :chuckle:
This reminds me, I went out of my way to post this the other day, but forgot to bring it here.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This reminds me, I went out of my way to post this the other day, but forgot to bring it here.
This explains why Ridley hates everyone; because they are smaller than him, and he sees them as inferior to him! :shades::chuckle::laugh::rotfl:;)

Also, I've never been called "short" in my life. Of course, being like 6 feet tall since I was 14 helps! :grin: (no offense to all you ******* out there)
Oh no sir, this has been past silly since back before 06 when unnamed individual A stated "I think Ridley would be a fine addition to the super smash brothers series" only to be retorted by unnamed individual B's passionate response "BUT HE'S TOOOO BIG!!!"
1st off... HOMELESSVAGRANT IS THE MAN!!!!
Second off, my dear vagrant friend is correct; this crap has been ridiculous since at least 2005. I remember reading back in 2005 people saying that Ridley "wouldn't work" as a playable character. And yet Captain Falcon and Fox, two characters that never fought on foot, were playable in smash. And yet we got Mr. G&W, literally a two dimensional 4 millimeter stick figure man child.
And thirdly (but not lastly), WELCOME HOMELESS, TO THE HOME OF THE UNDISPUTED RIDLEY CHAMPION OF THE SMASH WORLD, JOHN... KNIGHTTT.... ONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, I'm the Ridley World Champ; that's a thing now!!!

RODO

Smash Ace
We need something to filter everything you say so that it's not visable. Haha jk...or am I? :smirk:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't even know how low this thread has gone. Drop the off-topic talk, or else this thread will be at risk of getting a time out.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Oh snap, mod man coming in to rustle up some Jimmies. Funny enough it wouldn't be the first time the Ridley thread has been shut down. It's more like a party in here than anything. Let me aid in restoring the focus of this thread

Ridley.

And thirdly (but not lastly), WELCOME HOMELESS, TO THE HOME OF THE UNDISPUTED RIDLEY CHAMPION OF THE SMASH WORLD, JOHN... KNIGHTTT.... ONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, I'm the Ridley World Champ; that's a thing now!!!
Well thank you good sir, I appreciate the sentiment

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I imagine the supporters in here as a swarm of slightly different looking Ridley clones circling around waiting to tear apart anyone that stumbles in.
NO ONE SHALL SURVIVE !!!!

Anyway does anyone have a pic with the Samus trophy and Ridley trophy from Brawl together so we can compere their size? I have some on my SD card but my computer just can't open them.

Top Bottom