• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think Ridley's design will be similar to SSBB, but smaller, with a smaller head. It's a matter of hurtbox distribution.
I don't think so. It definitely appears to be Other M Ridley. Which in my opinion is the best Ridley for Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I will say I'm entirely biased as an exclusively 2d Metroid player.:laugh:

Don't have much of an opinion on Other M Ridley, and am more basing my opinion on how right it looked with that screenshot of Samus with a Super Mushroom standing next to him in Brawl. It just looked so right. That said, my opinion on the right or wrong design does not hold as much merit as that of people who have been with the character with the 3d era, as opposed to a drop-out like myself. :)

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Well, I will say I'm entirely biased as an exclusively 2d Metroid player.:laugh:

Don't have much of an opinion on Other M Ridley, and am more basing my opinion on how right it looked with that screenshot of Samus with a Super Mushroom standing next to him in Brawl. It just looked so right. That said, my opinion on the right or wrong design does not hold as much merit as that of people who have been with the character with the 3d era, as opposed to a drop-out like myself. :)
Theprimes are amazing.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Theprimes are amazing.
I'm afraid they lost me there. 3d gaming in general is not my thing... I can't think of many things I play that are 3d in regards to actual action. For example, I prefer the classic Zelda games over the 3d ones, as well, though I can still enjoy Wind Waker, etc.

Something about the Prime games bore me terribly. I'm hoping Nintendo pulls through with that 2d Metroid they spoke of around e3.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I don't think so. It definitely appears to be Other M Ridley. Which in my opinion is the best Ridley for Smash.
You have OnlyAfro's youtube avatar, only other place I've seen that picture/face. Just figured I'd throw that out there, he has some funny stuff.

You know damn well "what.":4falcon:
I never understood this gif but I think it's hilarious XD

I'm afraid they lost me there. 3d gaming in general is not my thing... I can't think of many things I play that are 3d in regards to actual action. For example, I prefer the classic Zelda games over the 3d ones, as well, though I can still enjoy Wind Waker, etc.

Something about the Prime games bore me terribly. I'm hoping Nintendo pulls through with that 2d Metroid they spoke of around e3.
They mentioned metroid at e3? This is news to me. However I refuse to put good before "news" because of our last metroid game. . .
Edit. Why does it seem we always have so many guests. . .stop lurking and join the massacre party!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
They mentioned metroid at e3? This is news to me. However I refuse to put good before "news" because of our last metroid game. . .
Edit. Why does it seem we always have so many guests. . .stop lurking and join the massacre party!
I specified "around e3". ;) They don't have anything to show, but they are thinking about it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am always afraid to join in the off-topic discussion in fear of getting infracted myself. In fact, it was a risk deciding to post this!

Theprimes are amazing.
Not Prime 2... no Ridley = no love.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
You have OnlyAfro's youtube avatar, only other place I've seen that picture/face. Just figured I'd throw that out there, he has some funny stuff.

I never understood this gif but I think it's hilarious XD
That gif was originally "raptor jesus"

I said. "someone should replace the Velociraptor head with Ridley's face"

I think the gif sums our forum up pretty well.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I am always afraid to join in the off-topic discussion in fear of getting infracted myself. In fact, it was a risk deciding to post this!

I adored Prime 2, that was a superb game and I loved the light and darkness elements.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*sees history of when I left at 3PM to now*​

Calmdownpls​

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Okay. Youtube comments are pretty bad. I'm sure this has been said here before, but I'd like to say that again. People are downright saying he's not playable because he's been confirmed as a boss character...When was that again? It was implied that he was a boss, but he was never mentioned by name. If people aren't going to believe he's playable they should at least do their research before making those claims.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can I just point out
how in @ Weavel Weavel 's Signature

The spaceship on the right looks almost exactly like Ridley's friggin head

Morbi

Scavenger
I love Ridley, is it embarrassing to say the only Metroid games I ever played was Zero Mission? I remember playing a bit of Prime but that was long ago.

I need to buy some Metroid Games.
I have only ever played a portion of Prime 3. My sister on the other hand? I forced her to play the entire trilogy so that I could watch.

Okay. Youtube comments are pretty bad. I'm sure this has been said here before, but I'd like to say that again. People are downright saying he's not playable because he's been confirmed as a boss character...When was that again? It was implied that he was a boss, but he was never mentioned by name. If people aren't going to believe he's playable they should at least do their research before making those claims.
Even if Ridley was mentioned by name, that would not entail a confirmation of his status.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I love Ridley, is it embarrassing to say the only Metroid games I ever played was Zero Mission? I remember playing a bit of Prime but that was long ago.

Definitely get the Prime games. There's a trilogy edition for the Wii. If you do start buying them...DON'T START with Other M.

D

Deleted member

I haven't even played the 3d games yet. I've only finished Zero mission, Super metroid, and Fusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Don't drink the water and you'll be just fine.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Definitely get the Prime games. There's a trilogy edition for the Wii. If you do start buying them...DON'T START with Other M.

Word of warning on the trilogy edition, you can only use the wiimote+nunchuck combo. No Gamecube or classic controller.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I've played the first Metroid Prime and it is awesome. The soundtrack was done very brilliantly. Still even looks great for a Gamecube game!

Weavel

Smash Ace
Can I just point out
how in @ Weavel Weavel 's Signature

The spaceship on the right looks almost exactly like Ridley's friggin head
Well I'm sure Weavel and Ridley are aware of each other, they also share a trait in which both were killed and were rebuilt back as cyborgs. But instead of Weavel being the shape of a space pirate, he is instead the shape of a human probably to assimilate better because of the reputation of the space pirates species. where Ridley obviously keeps his original looking figure.

Where Ridley assumes leadership of the space pirates, Weavel is only following orders for his convenience which could lead to a future betrayal.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm sorry.

While I have not watched the video (nor will I certainly ever), I have to thank you for actually trying to listen to our reasons for his inclusion before.

You're a higher tier than the people at GameFAQs and Miiverse, but you won't convince anyone here that Ridley's not playable in your JapanTime videos.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
I think Ridley's design will be similar to SSBB, but smaller, with a smaller head. It's a matter of hurtbox distribution.
Oh lord I hope not.

Brawl Ridley is even worse then Other M Ridley. In fact, I may even dislike it more then Ridley-X.

I just wanted a discussion, starting from an opposing statement. That is all.

I wasn't looking to "detract," but talk about the inclusion or exclusion of Ridley starting from an opposing viewpoint.

Just wanted to clarify things.

It's just childish to get worked up over this. It just is. That is not an insult, it just is what it is.
I certainly won't defend some of the supporters of this thread, because they do often take dissenting opinions too personally, but your posts certainly weren't any better.

Your assertion that we are "uninterested" in having a civil discussion, despite that fact that most users here were having a reasonable discussion (until you brought up that snark, anyway!) and you constantly classifying your subjective notions as "facts" and "logical" is certainly just as annoying as the "emotionally charged children" (oh, and that's an insult by the way. An insult that you entered into the debate before anyone started **** with you).

Do some Ridley supporters need to chill? Of course. But you also need to present your arguments far better if you're going to take the Holier than Thou route.

Anyways, I'm gone for good. See you all later. Stay calm and be nice next time.
Considering how hypocritical your sentiments were on this whole situation, no I can assure you I won't be nice next time if you try to act like you're the only one that wasn't starting anything. It's not a one-way street. This goes to some Ridley supporters as well.

I'mma 'bout to fight you. Meet me after dawn. Bring your crew if you need to. :demon: :teeth:

I love Ridley, is it embarrassing to say the only Metroid games I ever played was Zero Mission?
No. That was a good place to start, actually.

I'm sorry.

I'm bored, so I may actually watch this video and dissect it.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
As of now, there is no convincing anyone, all we can do is wait.
Well. I've been convinced, sorta..I was very neutral, now I'm more in Ridley's favor. Whatever happens I won't be crushed. I know not to get that upset over a game.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry.

Prepare to eat crow.

Edit: I also hate the fact that people say "Ridley is not playable, he's a stage boss/hazard" without having explicit evidence of Sakurai saying so. Pretty ignorant if you ask me. His role is implied and has been in the shadows for a very long time. All we can do is wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom